Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th May 2013, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5346

Breezy
Default Metro: Last Light

Couldn't find an existing thread, so here is some info for this soon to be released FPS.

I picked it up for US$37.50 from greenmangaming.com with a 20% discount voucher (GMG25-5GT67-87HJ9). You can activate the keys on steam, preloading the game now and will be released in 1 day.

Metro: Last Light

Quote:
Developed by Ukrainian studio 4A Games and based on the post-­apocalyptic world of Russian sci-fi author Dmitry Glukhovsky, this FPS sequel offers a distinctive, decidedly East ­European take on otherwise well-worn tropes.

You resume the role of Artyom, now a soldier in one of the sects struggling for supremacy in the subway society that’s sprung up beneath the nuclear wasteland that was once Moscow.

Having massacred most of the mutants topside in the first game, you must save the last remaining Dark One, who could provide both personal redemption and salvation for the entire human race.
Metro Last Light video game review: gunning for supremacy in the subway - Dan Silver - Mirror Online

Last edited by C4; 13th May 2013 at 05:57 PM.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13th May 2013, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1335 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

I really hope they pull their finger out in regards to surround/eyefinity support with this game. The original was fun but due to a mouse "bug", it wasn't playable on multdisplay. Essentially, 3 screens wide increased the horizontal mouse sensitivity by 3x...

Otherwise, perfect performance and very good looking. Preloaded and crossing fingers for the sequel =)

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5346

Breezy

new NVidia driver aimed at this release
GeForce 320.14 Metro: Last Light Beta Drivers Released | GeForce

Edit: Its unlocked on steam, had a quick play before heading out, looking good so far with most gfx maxed out

Last edited by C4; 14th May 2013 at 03:51 PM.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 05:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 265

Lurking

I must admit i havent played the first, which would probably be the best idea before playing this

I am enjoying the game immensely despite its dark theme. I have quite nearly jumped so many time chasing the nasty critters. Its quite claustrophobic got lost a few times.

While my computer is a cpl yrs old its still quite powerful but even still i find it chugging somewhat noticeable on very high. Might need a beast computer to run it full bore.
reminds me of running crysis
I would recommend this game to anyone.
LavaCaverns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2540

Fine

It is the first R18+ rated game I have seen in shops yay for proper classifications