Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th January 2006, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 8

Default COD2 - Accused of hacking then ban?

Ahoy TOG'rs, ive played with many of your cod2 division in Node, GA and your own public server. Ive had many fun nights with some very close games! Tonight however I played with almost all TOG players on your server and after a few good rounds I was accused of hacking. I dont hack and politely said to the accuser to please spectate me and see that I die just as much as the rest of you and miss an awful lot of shots.

The accuser did nothing of the kind and promptly banned me from the server. Now, i like playing on there when its not passworded as i get ~25 ping to it and would like to talk to someone if possible about a review of the ban.

Thanks,
Adrian (Kedderz) Klaebe
kedderz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th January 2006, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3190

Buzzed

Ahoy backatcha Kedderz. I wasn't present when the ban occurred but have been in game with you a few times in the past week or so. It's perhaps unfortunate that at the moment, without anything like Punkbuster for CoD2, a lot of good players are being accused of hacking. Having said that though, we don't ban players from our servers as readily as you make it sound. I'm sure that you were speccied by a few before any action was taken and that whoever did spec had reason to believe that you may be using a wallhack or the like before saying anything or taking any action.

Please understand that I'm not stating here that you were, but that I will gather info about the incident from those that were present and get back in touch with you. Thanx for bringing this to my attention and I will get back to you soon as possible
Cheers
FeRaL

Visit me at my forums www.onlinedawdlers.com

FeZza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

thanks feral. I just find it a little irritating thats all
Ive played on the server for quite a man weeks and never had a problem of being accused, and I understand and reqpect its your server and you have every right to ban who ever you suspect/spec.

I hope the pb patch comes out so I my scores will continue to be as good as they were before pb

thanks for your assistance.
Old 26th January 2006, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Advisor
Retired Advisor
Elite - Post: 2867

Hiya Kedderz,

Yep it was me that instigated the ban after having you specced for best part of half an hour. We'll show the demo to some of our other guys (much more knowledgeable than I ) and if it's all clear with them then we'll reinstate you with a bucket load of appologies. It certainly did look to me that you were spending a lot of time looking at walls but we all play in different ways don't we?

If I've made a blue here...I'm really sorry and I'll make it public in and out of our forums that I made a mistake so your rep isn't damaged. We made no announcement in game server either.

Feral will get it sorted one way or another.

GEEZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks guys yes we all have different play styles and ill admit i get a bit lucky sometimes, but on the other hand i get owned too

thanks for the review on the ban, and ill await the response.
Old 27th January 2006, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

First off, nicely handled by all parties here...always a pleasure to see problems resolved in a mature manner, wot?

And not to hijack the thread, but...I run a small private CoD:UO/CoD2 server and have often wondered about how to detect hacks. Once in awhile certain players just seem "too good" with both aim and position. If anyone could point me to tips on detection it'd be well received.

Cheers,

M

"Asking no quarter, giving none in return."
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 09:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

what the admins at node do is install said hacks and then replay the demos. If they see clear aiming through walls and tracking through walls then ban. Most of these people have separate systems/offline PCs to do this however as doing it on your main box MAY leave some files in place that will get picked up by PB (cod:uo+cod) or VAC2 (css/cs)

hope that helps
Old 27th January 2006, 09:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2261

To be quite honest, a really good player with a very nice pair of noise-canceling headphones can usually be found "looking at walls" as they cock their head from side to side, listening for distant footsteps...

As for the aiming, the Thompson is a head-shot factory. I have received as many as 10 accusations in one day of hacking, and not a one of the them was correct. Playing with all the weapons and map-familiarization are also key to dominating play. I would have to say that a good 75% of this game is merely anticipation and getting a slight jump on your opponent.

At any rate, I'm confident that the boys will get you sorted out very soon.

"Never hate your enemies; it affects your judgement." - Don Corleone
ContraVersE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

sound is a very big part of this game and many people over look it. For those that have played with me im often at the top of the score table with very few deaths and as such am constantly called a hacker!
Its gotten so ridiculous i have a bind stating that "Pb for COD2 will be out soon, you will see that I will continue to play as well as if not better when it is released. Untill then please spec/demo I have nothing to hide."

anyways, any update feral?
Old 27th January 2006, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

Thanks kedderz...it does seem to be a hit/miss art unfortunately.

"Asking no quarter, giving none in return."
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote