Old 29th February 2012, 02:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 634

Tired

That's the huge downside... But it was fun to build and test.

I've had better luck finding pools of lava down close to the bedrock that a bucket of water will do the trick.

Old 29th February 2012, 02:04 PM   #42 (permalink)

Tired

That said, I've had more luck finding redstone than big pools of lava...
Old 29th February 2012, 02:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

ahhh yes I have one of these in SP, I will be making it in survival mode eventually. lol

nice design though mate
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 02:53 PM   #44 (permalink)

Tired

I kept having to increase the hight of the room as I went along not know exactly how it would work... The perils of building everything underground...
Old 29th February 2012, 02:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 671

Yeehaw

Youtube for the win
Old 29th February 2012, 02:57 PM   #46 (permalink)

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralon View Post
Youtube for the win
OMG... that would have made the build so much easier... I was working off screenshots...

Seems a built it a little differently, still works though.
Old 29th February 2012, 05:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games (Destiny PS4 Leader)
Dangerous - Post: 825 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

I've got stacks of red stone, more than I have of iron and gold combined
Its very common in the lower levels
AdmiralTriggerH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 06:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

Thanks guys, and very nice Akira.

I will check out your trap on sanctuary too Duck, I was also thinking that maybe the mob trap could just be limited to spiders for safety, so with space big enough for mobs to spawn, but the water current that feeds them into the area where the player ends up being only 1 block high but wide enough for them to fit too. Will also have to make it so they cannot escape out the top and harm players or spectators but that can be done by making an overhang at the top.

The only thing is that the spawn rate might be affected by players in or near the arena and the random spawning won't always guarantee spiders and may cause lag if too many other mobs spawn wich isn't friendly to a competition that relies on quick timing..

Another option could be a crushing trap, either set off from the outside by other players or by pressure plates.

I'll have a look around and a play with different ideas and try set something up.
Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 09:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

The traps are finished, I just went with pistons that crush the player set off by pressure plates underneath. Had limited time online this arvo so tried to knock it up quick. Sorry Duck, didn't get to yours but it's on my to do list next time i'm online.

Have tested all the traps and they are all lethal. Also it is quite random as to where you fall, and once you get going with the water pushing you it's nearly impossible to stop.

Just gotta set up chests and beds for players, finish the surface with snow and it's playable!

I also wanted to ask any players that have snow, or free time to grab and save it for me if they can, snow is probably the best surface to play on as it breaks easy even without tools and is easy to see, but there is none near where the arena is made so if you pick some up on your travels or clear some out in your building please save it and I'll make a chest that can be filled and used to reset the surface after matches and place it in spawn near the bullettin board.

Will have to have a big all in game when it's done wich will be soon, offer is still out there for someone to design/do the building to house it in. If no takers, I'll just do some basic defense to keep unfriendly mobs out.
Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 05:22 AM   #50 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

I have a lot of snow that I can throw your way....consequence of letting a few snowmen run around my place. That being said...snow can be farmed from snowmen pretty easily. Just create one in a confined space, and it leaves a trail wherever it goes.

As for obsideon, I have way more lava pools in my mine than I do redstone, I think I'll stick to the old fashioned lava in a mould method.