Old 23rd February 2012, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

Default Spleef

Any objections to the building of a spleef arena on Frontier?
I think there is one on Sanctuary, but I don't play on that server.
I wanted to make a kind of spleef to the death too, filling the underneath with lava or cactus or some other nasty, maybe different water currents to take you to a different death depending on wich area you fall from..

I'll be placing beds and chests to save stuff/respawn, the only loss will be XP and life!

At the moment I'm thinking of building it near my place, but suggestions for a better area are more than welcome. Also I'm not too savvy at stadium type aesthetics so any help/tips or suggestions on what you'd like to see and how to construct it are very much appreciated.

If theres no urgent issues construction will start soon, hopefully this weekend and will start out small and grow/change as to whats needed.

I'm thinking snow blocks for the floor, considering we have a fair bit of snow around Frontier spawn now. Probably with room for multiple levels/floors to accomodate less or more players.

Let me know your thoughts guys,
Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd February 2012, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1250

Amused

Make a switch that turns on/off certain death to loser, because some do not want to lose their XP, and therefore won't particpate.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

I agree, but could I suggest a double arena, ie a death one and a life one!

hell if people agree I will make a non lethal one I don't mind lol
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9243

Perhaps you could make it two levels. The top one falls onto the second one and is not fatal, the second one is fatal. You can decide whether to play one level or two. Perhaps even give two ladders to get up from the bottom level, if you can.

Sorontar

Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky

Quote:
Perhaps you could make it two levels. The top one falls onto the second one and is not fatal, the second one is fatal. You can decide whether to play one level or two. Perhaps even give two ladders to get up from the bottom level, if you can.
Yup, that's what I was thinking.

You could either have it so that the bottom layer would have a damaging but not fatal fall to the floor, but the top layer is higher and thus results in a death... or as Sorontar suggested and have the top floor fall onto the lower floor.

If you'd like help building it, just let us know.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2774

Innocent

Or perhaps you make it one level, where you fall to your death, and players have a cup of concrete and HARDEN UP!

Sheesh - you bloody care bears! wheres the fun if you risk nothing but pride?

I vote for full death with extra blood spleef - you get in the ring, only two ways out - victory or death!! (with extra blood!)

After all - you dont have to play now do you?

Old 24th February 2012, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games
Dangerous - Post: 819 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

I'm with Bazz on this one, make it a deadly experience, if people want to live life in a safe environment they can play on Sanctuary.
I'll only bother playing with an empty inventory and when I don't have lots of exp.
AdmiralTriggerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 02:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2945

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
Or perhaps you make it one level, where you fall to your death, and players have a cup of concrete and HARDEN UP!

Sheesh - you bloody care bears! wheres the fun if you risk nothing but pride?

I vote for full death with extra blood spleef - you get in the ring, only two ways out - victory or death!! (with extra blood!)

After all - you dont have to play now do you?

If that's what we end up doing, I move we call it 'Thunderdome'.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 07:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

people seem to wanta lethal one, and frankly I can only see drama and shenanagins with a double story one (I have played with the idea previously)

what I am proposeing, I enjoy a community project/buildings so I propose we build a lethal spleef wherever Espesh wants it andI shall build a non lethal one in the black square area with roads proposed along the red lines

DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 08:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Ooohh, I'm for both. I will probably mostly play blood spleef, as I never manage to get above level 5 before blowing it on another enchant, but would also play the non-leathal version.

I especially like Duck's locale and roads as they would lead right past my castle construction. As an aside, Stuman has already built the top left section of road pretty close to where you proposed. You should tie into that if you can.