Welcome to Spleef Club
Welcome one and all to the official TOG Spleef Club. Espesh and I invite you to participate in the festivities and strive for that elusive "Queen or King of Spleef" title.
Over the coming weeks we will slowly ease you all into the art of Spleef. Our initial aim is to arrange a few social Spleef evenings where those interested can try their hand at Spleefing against fellow TOG minecrafters. Please see the appropriate thread and register your interest and preferable day.
Initially we will record the results of all matches held at Espesh's grand Spleef stadium and work towards a leaderboard to be displayed here on the sub forum and also at the Spleef arena. As things heat up we will look at holding official Spleef tournaments, so watch this space.
As this sub-forum is still young it may take a week or two for some of the threads (particularly this one) to be fleshed out, please be patient and check back regularly.
Spleef is a great way to build on the community spirit in a minecraft server, so please put your hand up and get involved. See you on the Spleef!
Espesh and Hoathy
: We are initiating a season approach to Spleef. See the thread here
for full details. This post will be updated soon.
Rules of Spleef/How to play
1st rule of Spleef Club
: You do not talk about Spleef Club
2nd rule of Spleef Club
: You DO NOT talk about Spleef Club
The Urban Dictionary defines Spleef as:
The Essential Ranked Spleef Match Rules
A competitive sport in a 3D sandbox indie game called Minecraft. Gameplay consists of removing floor blocks from a stadium to make other players fall through the floor. The last player standing is declared the winner. After the game the floor is filled back in and the players compete again. Spleef is played in a specialized "Spleef Arena" composed of the main Spleef floor, a viewing area, and a lower floor to catch losers. The name is a pun on the word Grief, as the players resemble Griefers trying to make the other players fall through a floor.
- Intentional contact isn't allowed
- Placing blocks is illegal
- If more than one player is left but they cannot reach each other to continue play, the player with the most blocks around them is the winner
- If there are more than 2 players anyone knocked out can't intefere with the on-going game
- You may only be in possession of sanctioned items (to be clarified)
- If you lose, you replace the playing surface
- No jumping, where the ceiling is limited and players can't jump across the holes that are made
- Multiple layers that get harder or easier as you progress down the levels/surface
- Mazes, built onto the surface with wide lanes and places to loop back around