Old 18th March 2012, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

Default Timetable/Register your interest

Hey all,

Me and Hoathy will be organising a few fun games to get it all going over the next couple of weeks, we're thinking the intro game or games would be played on weekends to get some numbers and get the ball rolling.

I'd like you guys to suggest what days/times are good for you for regular games?

Depending on the interest we may hold them once a month, a fortnight, or however often they're needed. These regular games, while all about fun, we'll be looking to get a ranking system or a score-board both in-game and online so players can keep track of where they are and who they want to beat.

Last edited by Hoathy; 20th March 2012 at 01:30 AM.
Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th March 2012, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

I'm happy for whenever, except Monday nights.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Unfortunately, due to RL constraints, I can only play Minecraft after my son has gone to bed, and after I've cleaned up for the day; so typically 9:30 or 10:00pm to midnight, PST/PDT US time (I still haven't worked out what time that is in server time....your guy's time zones are even more confusing than ours). I'll probably be limited to pick-up games, unless there is a US evening timezone league....generally too late for the mid-west to east coast though).

I've also got to figure out how to use mumble without risking waking him or my wife sleeping a few rooms away....Can't shut the doors or the cats and dogs will wake them with trying to open them.
Old 19th March 2012, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master of Squee
Elite - Post: 3060 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Relaxed

Brew I think we are quite happy to arrange some ad-hoc games. And you don't need to be on mumble, but it is good fun during a social event such as a Spleef night.

FYI - PST/PDT (East Coast USA)10pm-midnight = AWST (Western Australia) 1pm-3pm = AEDT (Eastern Australia) 4pm-6pm

So for instance, if we had a Spleef night at 5pm AEDT on a Saturday that would be 11pm Friday for you, 2pm Saturday for me, and 1am Saturday morning for West Coast USA. I'd certainly be happy to come on early and let you beat me so you're not missing out

As for my preference, Friday-Sunday nights are best, although anytime on the weekend is doable (is that a word Obsi?). However if we do get started this weekend I may have to leave you in the more than capable hands of Espesh as this weekend is shaping up to be a nightmare for me.
Old 20th March 2012, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Monday and Tuesday night ADST is no good for me.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games (Destiny PS4 Leader)
Dangerous - Post: 861 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

My timetable is rather variable so I can't really set a concrete time, but I often hope on in the evenings if I don't have something else going on.
So I'm happy to challenge people when they are on the server rather than set times.
AdmiralTriggerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1251

Amused

Wednesday is my routinely unavailable night.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2774

Innocent

I wont be able to play in the spleef comps, due to rl etc, however I must tell you of an odd experience....

Quietly playing away in the shed one night, minding my own business when out of the fading light came an awesome sight - God like and resplendant upon the back of a terrifying Mexican Battle Donkey, rode a man, a man both terrible and wonderful, wearing the finest Tijuana spleefing nylon....
"They call me El Bazzito" he thundered - as he said this the final rays of light from the setting sun flashed behind him, silhouetting him and his donkey, and for a moment -just a moment - I swear his eyes glowed deep in the shadows of his mask.

He leapt from the back of his mighty Burro, with the grace and power of a salmon leaping from the cold and icy waters of a Nordic river, performed several flips and rolls (any single one of which would put your average olympic diver to shame, such was the beauty and perfect execution of his form) and came to land directly in the doorway.

"I will play in your TOG comp - and I will do so in your place!" - it was a statement, not a question and as if to punctuate his position, the donky snorted, flames coming from it's nose.
"However" he continued, "Most spleefers are sent into pants soiling fear just from beholding my visage alone - to add my incredibly masculine voice to the frey - with my perfect pitch - would only mean that all would flee before me - El Bazzito! (and that's how he pronounced it - excalmation point included) does not win by default - he wins in combat! - so to ensure this does not happen, I will attempt to use your voice in mumble so I can taunt my would be compeditors"

And that was it.....
He strode from the shed, paused to adjust the crotch of his 'El Loco' brand nylon war speedo's (I Imagine they must chafe like a bastard - though incidentaly the speedo of choice for any serious spleefer) leapt upon the Donkey - which farted, setting fire to the Rhododendrons by the shed door - and tore of into the night.

The shed was an emptier place for his leaving.

Every word is true, I swear.

So you will see my character in game, but the near perfect display of spleefing will not be mine - you will hear me in mumble, but the voice will belong not to me, you will all be in the presence of El Bazzito.

It's a shame I'm going to miss it.

Oh - one more thing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
I've also got to figure out how to use mumble without risking waking him or my wife sleeping a few rooms away....Can't shut the doors or the cats and dogs will wake them with trying to open them.
Leave the TV on in the background - works for me.
(or just sit in and listen!)
Old 24th March 2012, 01:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Lol Bazz/Bazzito.

By the Power of Taco, may El Bazzito rush forth with the power of a belly of beans and the resultant urgency. May he show us all how to clear the room of opposition. May he give us the whiff of victory.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 01:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

Quote:
(is that a word Obsi?)
I don't know! I consider that since people use it, it is... but then ask Bazz... I'm well known for making up words (like referring to TNT as " 'splody fun ")

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote