So earlier tonight the stars aligned and we had a few eager Spleefers on. Obsi, Bazz and I headed down to Espesh's grand arena and tried our hand at spleefing.
First impression - a huge congratulations to Espesh, it's an awesome arena. A job well done. I was particularly fond of the many ways to die (more on that later).
We opted for some simple rules:
- Iron shovel only
- All in brawl, last one standing wins
- No direct physical contact with other players (Obsi!)
Although Bazz and I both managed to pull out a few wins with one epically (is that a word) close finish, the recurring theme of the night seemed to be Obsi's dominance. I had you down for 4 in a row to close out the night, a golden shovel
for your effort.
- Bazz and his golden shovel (which he held only once I think)
- Bazz dying by suffocation (and dropping his golden shovel)
- Hoathy dying by Obsi (oh how I wish I had the screenshot to prove that)
- The invention of double layered Spleef
- The failure that was chess Spleef (one block each at a time)
- Obsi's mad spleef skills
All in all it was huge fun. Can't wait to do it again.
PS. Espesh we made a little safety bridge over the pit of death, I forgot to take it down when we were done. It's only a few blocks of dirt.