Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Star Citizen (Public)

Star Citizen (Public) An space sim from Chris Roberts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th July 2013, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 262

Angelic
Default ThanksGifting for Star Citizen!

Your Strength , My Strength!

Why chip in for a friend/TOGer to get a better ship? Why You?
Your Strengths combined, all TOGers become mightier, when the time comes to fight, we will fall together or emerge victorious but not alone or by ourselves.
Might comes from Unity, and we have to prepare our Fleets to be stronger and better and faster as much as we can. What if a better fighter that a friend you helped once will save your butt, think about it, space is dark and lonely, we will all need angels on our shoulders!
I would wish that all TOGers enter Star Citizen with a better ship, one community cannot fund everyone, but with a little help from everyone, we could go a long way together in Star Citizen.

Giftfunding Star Citizen Friends and ToG Members : Gifting skins to the Executor to melt(reclaim) and perform the LTI purchase/gift on behalf of gifters, and gift it to our chosen friend/TOGer!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giftfunding Executors: MarcT, Bloodwrych, Tyrian Prime, Wenceslaus.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may gift to one of the Executors responsible for the purchase, by msg him and declare if you wish to remain anonymous. But it's good for the one that receives the gift to know who chipped in for him/her. If you still want to be anonymous to him/her also, executors will respect your wish.

TOG Members that have Gifted to friends/TOGers List

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
III. DonorsGiftfunded Camdy's Aurora LN: Wenceslaus, Silana, Ransep, Tyrian (Tell me who else contributed to update, even the anonymous ones as anonymous:P
Executor of Purchase/Gift: Wenceslaus!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
II. DonorsGiftfunded Ebonytears's ORIGIN 315 Explorer: Old donors now mentioned as Comrades and Wingmen! Salute!
Executor of Purchase/Gift: MarcT

I.DonorsGiftfunded Zhul's MISC Freelancer : Old donors now mentioned as Comrades and Wingmen! Salute!
Executor of purchase/gift: MarcT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevant Quotes

Quote from Zhul:"I feel your pain. I really want to get a Freelancer, but don't have the $$. Feel free to let us know if you want to trade in the ship to get the same one with Lifetime Insurance."

This is a comment from another thread, from a person i would really like to say thank you for my signature, Zhul.
Although i cannot afford alone to buy him a Freelancer, i would certaintly chip in 10$ to help fundraise for a gift Freelancer to him.

On a second note, surely on the long run, this could happen as a token of help/gift/reward to gift fellow ToGers a ship from "The Guild" by member donations. After all we will all be into this together, we would want all our members to have the best ship money/credits can buy as soon as possible.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from Ebonytears I finally managed to scrape together some cash and get the Digital Mercenary pack - wanted higher but sometimes RL suks*
Handle: Ebonytears
RSI Aurora - 3 months insurance.

No with good buddies it won't have to suk anymore.
Next Thanksgifting target!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Citizen: Thedor, MMORPG: TyrianPrime, Battletag Elsid #2378, EvE:Tyrian Prime, Swtor: Boreon.

Last edited by Tyrian Prime; 26th October 2013 at 10:43 AM.
Tyrian Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31st July 2013, 02:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 409

Hmm, Zhul currently has a Aurora LX, which I think is worth $45 for trade in. If he is willing to upgrade to a Freelancer, we need to get $65. If we want to outright get him an additional ship, we need $110.

Since the ship and the Digital Freelancer package both cost $110 to Original Backers, I'd say get him the package, as his current package does not come with the CD, Map, or the Engineering Manual.

I'm in for $10 too and am willing to make the purchase to gift to him.

Aegis: Retaliator, Reclaimer | Anvil: Super Hornet F7C-M | BIRC: Merchantman | MISC: Starfarer Tanker (x2) | RSI: Constellation: Andromeda, Taurus, Aquila, Phoenix
MarcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4470 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the sentiment - but I do my sigs for the fun of making art and making you guys happy. I don't ask anything in return.
Old 31st July 2013, 05:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhul View Post
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the sentiment - but I do my sigs for the fun of making art and making you guys happy. I don't ask anything in return.
Who said asking? We are giving.

Aegis: Retaliator, Reclaimer | Anvil: Super Hornet F7C-M | BIRC: Merchantman | MISC: Starfarer Tanker (x2) | RSI: Constellation: Andromeda, Taurus, Aquila, Phoenix
Old 31st July 2013, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
Who said asking? We are giving.
This exactly! And just making us happy? add awesome too, add as well the feeling of having Zhul with a Combat Freelancer by our side, instead of an Aurora....bliax

ToG flies the Best, the prettiest, the fastest ships, in de galaxy!

Star Citizen: Thedor, MMORPG: TyrianPrime, Battletag Elsid #2378, EvE:Tyrian Prime, Swtor: Boreon.

Last edited by Tyrian Prime; 1st August 2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 31st July 2013, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Might want to keep the contributions on the first post for better visibility.

Old 31st July 2013, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4033

Twisted

Im willing to throw some $ towards helping a fellow togger. I can provide LTI on any ships I buy to gift.

Usual ingame names: Bloodwrych, Bloodwych, Blooodwrych, Blooodwych, Blodwrych, Blodwych
Bloodwrych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Angelic

Presumably, we now have a possible budget of 40$ or we could allocate 40$ worth of ingame items that we could gift the person who will make the LTI purchase for Zhul.

I'll send to you MarcT 2 skins worth of 10$, see if you can succesfully reclaim them and use them for Zhul's Ship!
I PMed you with details i need

Last edited by Tyrian Prime; 31st July 2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 1st August 2013, 01:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

I can confirm that I can reclaim skins, Wenceslaus sent me his 2 already.
The down side, is they still suffer the 24 hour melt hold, so I cant turn them into credits until then.

Old 1st August 2013, 04:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Angelic

That is superb, so we can use this kind of transaction with success
Just sent to you MarcT 2 more skins.

All for One and One for All!

Speaking of, i updated with the next Giftfunding for Ebonytears.
I would ask from her to choose, and seek advice as well as to which upgrade to choose from the Aurora....bliach, hehe

Last edited by Tyrian Prime; 1st August 2013 at 05:32 AM.