Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Star Citizen (Public)

Star Citizen (Public) An space sim from Chris Roberts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st August 2013, 07:54 PM   #41 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Warrant Officer
Star Citizen
Dangerous - Post: 587

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonhammer View Post
Don't upgrade untill the game is released right now its very very far from optimized and runs like a dog.
As a rule of thumb if you can run Crysis 3 at full detail your good.
I agree with Dragonhammer. The Hangar is far from optimized. When the game is released, it should be easier on the system requirements.

Seek always the path of 'right' and truth, unencumbered by bias or personal interest, tempered by humanity and mercy. Jon C/StellarRaptor in S.C.
Jon C is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st September 2013, 12:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Guild Wars 2
Average - Post: 237

Angelic

Thanks for the vids - it looks really good.

If anyone hasn't seen the pics someone took using the Cryengine 3 Sandbox editor you can find them on the rsi forum.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...sandbox-editor

Exploring planets looks like it could be a game in itself.

One day I'll contribute something useful, just not today...
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 03:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1850 TOG Legend

Amused

I bought the buggy, first thing I tried to do was load it in the back of the Freelancer lol. Would go in but it enabled me to lift the front up to 45 degrees and drive around doing a wheelie!
Old 1st September 2013, 03:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1850 TOG Legend

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenceslaus View Post
I think it is a sign that you need new graphic card my friend...hopefully the card developers will come up with something good to much Chris vision. Hopefully we are seeing new area of PC gaming....

Naa I was able to turn it off with the r_motionblur = 0 command. Pretty good now. Come release I will be thinking of getting a new card though. The GTX 570 probably will be ready for an upgrade.
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesteel View Post
Naa I was able to turn it off with the r_motionblur = 0 command. Pretty good now. Come release I will be thinking of getting a new card though. The GTX 570 probably will be ready for an upgrade.
I have dual GTX 560 Ti Classifieds, turned off some things like you, motion blur, adjusted shade, etc. Got to a point where it was perfect.
With the game not being optimized yet, I think I should be fine. but should I need to upgrade later.. I will definitely upgrade my motherboard too. This motherboard does not really handle SLI very well. The cards are too close so they actually push each other away from the slots. On top of that, I already had to send one in for an RMA several months back because the fan guards were pushed up, by the second card, and the fans broke.

Aegis: Retaliator | Anvil: Super Hornet F7C-M | BIRC: Merchantman (x2) | MISC: Freelancer DUR, Starfarer Tanker (x2) | Origin: 325a | RSI: Constellation
MarcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 08:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 257

Busy

I have a gtx 280 on a coreduo2 extreme, as a not sdk 11 card it fails to run the hangar module, while it ruins fairly well on my laptop, desktop was from 2007 built though.
I intend to make a small upgrade just to run the dogfighting module, only for a new mid card, and some more memory before i buy a new comp after launch.

#Is a gtx 600 series and above a safe intermediate purchase, and which? What would you buy to take me through just for this 1,5 years?

Star Citizen: Thedor MMORPG: TyrianPrime, , EvE:Tyrian Prime
Tyrian Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 04:54 AM   #47 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 903

Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrian Prime View Post

#Is a gtx 600 series and above a safe intermediate purchase, and which? What would you buy to take me through just for this 1,5 years?
It will work but your CPU will bottleneck the videocard so its a waste of money.
Even a 400 series will get bottlenecked by your CPU.
I am afraid you need to upgrade your CPU and your GPU.

Here is a performance graph of all Nvidia cards.

Old 3rd September 2013, 07:27 PM   #48 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 257

Busy

Just the answer i was afraid to read, thank you though a lot.
I better now think which time period in 2014 should i go for a new pc.
Damn, and the dogfighting module is late this year too...this year's new pc will be mid range by 2015..../scratches head in vain

Star Citizen: Thedor MMORPG: TyrianPrime, , EvE:Tyrian Prime
Tyrian Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 09:58 AM   #49 (permalink)
Average - Post: 145

As others have said it is highly UNoptimized atm. I have a 4 gig gtx 670 and it uses 100% of my GPU with the basic hanger (which isn't even rendering one wall) and a 300i. Give it time and I'm sure it will become more reasonable. At Gamescom they even mentioned that one of the ships was still over 1 million polies (most game characters run 10 - 50k polies for some perspective). So it will become more run-able for people as time moves on and they improve the detail options and just general model improvements.