Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Star Citizen (Public)

Star Citizen (Public) An space sim from Chris Roberts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th August 2013, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 935

Mellow
Default Waiting for Star citizen this will hold you over

In November X-rebirth will be Released a true PC game and a space sim on top of that.
It does all the things star Citizen hopes to do and even more except it's single player.
And on the looks departement it gives Star citizen a run for its money because it looks damn gorgeous.

Old 9th August 2013, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4351

I've played all the X games and have to say they are similar but not the same. The X series has been far more about industry and capitol ship combat. Not as much about the smaller sized ships. While that is where you start you don't stay in them long.

I have loved the X series and don't want to discourage folks from getting it. I highly recommend the game. I have spent hundreds of hours in the series and will likely disengage from all other games when it comes out for a month. One thing I will say is the game is so deep and expansive that the tutorials normally only scratch the surface. You will spend the first 20 or so hours in game just learning everything. Then when you think you got it you will find some whole new part of the game that you want to try.

Oh the mod community is pretty active in the game and makes some nice convenience things. Last time I played setting up space stations was a pain in the arse. Laying everything out to look nice and be functional was nearly impossible for me until I found a mod that helped.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 422

This looks really cool - I'll have to check it out.

I've never played an X game before. The trailer seems to indicate that you just fly a single pre-defined ship, the Pride of Albion (and its drones), rather than choosing from a bunch of them, like Star Citizen. Is this correct?
Cromulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4351

In other X games you have a few staring stories. One is normally a combat type start. I normally star off as a trader and build an empire prior to joining in on the combat story. Not sure if this will be same or not. They normally are full open world with a war going on. Sometime they give you option to play either side of war other times you can not play 1 side.

Oh and there are multiple races and ships along with pirates. Some ships you can buy others you need to disable and board to get. In last one I played you could be a pirate but it was far easier to have good faction with most races.
Old 9th August 2013, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1365 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Have been a fan of the X series for a loooong time now, really keen to sink my teeth into this one. I always loved the fleet and capital combat in X.

I would typically start out with a medium sized freighter, gradually building up a trade and production network before expanding into military vessels, ostensibly for security of my own assets but also to conduct pirate or 'semi-legitimate' operations in rival territory.
After building up a primary fleet centred around my own capital ship I had a few smaller fleets on sector patrol and would then go out hunting for alien incursions etc, calling on support fleets as needed.

I never tired of watching a support fleet warp in and begin disgorging fighters and bombers to help defend my ship and turn back the enemy. Loads of fun

ArcheAge :: Nesox

Last edited by Foxman; 9th August 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Division Captain
Star Citizen
Deadly - Post: 1550 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Cool

Real shame guys that I know that one of you want to concentrate on exploration and another is chaos neutral dam good writer...

We need someone who would coordinate the " start off as a trader and build an empire" type of approach.

Join us! Star Citizen - TOG Fleet――――――――EVE Online - TOG Alliance
Characters: Wenceslaus; Morava ――――――――21 days free ΞṾΞ trial
Wenceslaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 03:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenceslaus View Post
Real shame guys that I know that one of you want to concentrate on exploration and another is chaos neutral dam good writer...

We need someone who would coordinate the " start off as a trader and build an empire" type of approach.
I'll try. I got 3 trade/mercantile ships. Connie, Freelancer, and Starfarer. I'm hoping to be able to change the Starfarer to a freighter, with some mining on the side.

Aegis: Retaliator, Reclaimer | Anvil: Super Hornet F7C-M | BIRC: Merchantman | MISC: Starfarer Tanker (x2) | RSI: Constellation: Andromeda, Taurus, Aquila, Phoenix
MarcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1365 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Quote:

I used to get into the management/coordination side of MMOs in a big way but in more recent years have focussed on smaller stuff so while I'm happy to happy to help and I'm planning to coordinate RP efforts, I'll leave the large scale organisation to those more interested in it

ArcheAge :: Nesox
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Warrant Officer
Star Citizen
Dangerous - Post: 990

Breezy

I'll probably be trading to while doing also following more surreptitious pursuits. Some goods... some info...

Quote:

Seek always the path of 'right' and truth, unencumbered by bias or personal interest, tempered by humanity and mercy. Jon C/StellarRaptor in S.C.
Jon C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5367

Breezy

looks like a nice distraction before sc comes out
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote