Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Star Citizen (Public)

Star Citizen (Public) An space sim from Chris Roberts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th August 2013, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4348

Default Nice exploration post on official forums

https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...we-know-so-far

This is a pretty good posts that covers fairly unbiasedly exploration. They even try to provide footnote notations for many of the things they cover.

From what is in the posts there will be plenty of ways to make money in exploration and I remember that Chris was surprised that exploration was the number 1 activity in a survey. He thought it would be PvP or Combat but it seems exploration is the most anticipated feature. This caused RSI to do a rethink on some aspects of the game as they want to provide a Chris Roberts space sim but also something that the fans want.

I also like how they are going about stealth so far. I always hated the "cloaking" ship stuff. It seemed cheap and not needed. The system that they have talked about so far seems more like a submarine style gameplay and I feel it will translate fairly well to a serious space sim game .

Old 12th August 2013, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4477 TOG Gold Level Supporter

This is a pretty good article I saw when I was researching a Hard Sci-Fi tabletop RPG I was running.

There Ain't No Stealth In Space
Old 12th August 2013, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludy View Post
[URL]I also like how they are going about stealth so far. I always hated the "cloaking" ship stuff. It seemed cheap and not needed. The system that they have talked about so far seems more like a submarine style gameplay and I feel it will translate fairly well to a serious space sim game .
Especially with newtonian physics. If you can calculate that someone is going to be at X coordinates at y time, you could do an engine burn, and then cut power to all but bare min systems and potentially sneak right up on them.

Aegis: Retaliator, Reclaimer | Anvil: Super Hornet F7C-M | BIRC: Merchantman | MISC: Starfarer Tanker (x2) | RSI: Constellation: Andromeda, Taurus, Aquila, Phoenix
MarcT is offline   Reply With Quote