The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Torchlight II (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/torchlight-ii/)
-   -   Welcome to the TOG Torchlight II Public forum (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/torchlight-ii/473711-welcome-tog-torchlight-ii-public-forum.html)

2_islands 30th December 2012 09:00 AM

Welcome to the TOG Torchlight II Public forum

The forum is for public registered users and members to discuss Torchlight II. I look forward to reading more about the game.

Phanjam 31st December 2012 12:34 AM

And once again, thank you very much 2_islands for setting this sub-forum up! I'm a Torchlight (TL) fanboy and I hope this venue becomes a nice spot for a TL community within TOG :D

xenoph 31st December 2012 02:36 AM

You sure are enthusiastic about the game, Phanjam. :)
I'll make sure to check by the forums from time to time, and participate if I ever end up buying.

Phanjam 31st December 2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenoph (Post 3742149)
You sure are enthusiastic about the game, Phanjam. :)
I'll make sure to check by the forums from time to time, and participate if I ever end up buying.

Hehe! Well like I said, fanboy :p and I do want to make this forum as informative/useful as possible :)
Thanks for checking in xenoph!

GreyStone 3rd April 2013 05:35 PM

Great work thanks so much for having this here for us toggers to enjoy :)

ForrestGump 11th April 2013 09:35 PM

I've been pleasantly sucked into this game and ALSO do appreciate getting a sub-forum in order to pass information along.

Battle Pope 30th April 2013 10:44 AM

Anyone still playing? I've had this for a while but only just started playing it and having a heap 'o' fun with an Outlander (+ a few mods).

GreyStone 30th April 2013 12:17 PM

I've been playing this game for a few weeks now and I've not seen anyone else on playing it that I added since day one. I'm about to play Neverwinter online though so not sure how much time i'll be playing TL2 anymore. I was playing TL2 as my main game. I only play normal TL2 or my necro on Synergies mod with highloot that's only mods i am going with.

ForrestGump 1st May 2013 10:40 AM

I'm here and playing. Not done any mods? Are they safe? Easy to load up??

Battle Pope 1st May 2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForrestGump (Post 3822128)
I'm here and playing. Not done any mods? Are they safe? Easy to load up??

If you're playing through Steam its very easy, just select them via the TL2 Workshop page (I usually sort by "top rated of all time". Subscribe to the ones you like and it will download and install them for you.

When you start TL2 it will check for updated versions of the mods and you will be presented with two buttons. The top is a 'Play' triangle which is the vanilla game, the lower button is the 'Play' triangle with a cog next to it. Click on that and you can then select the mods to run (limit of 10 at a time). I haven't had any issues but there are some mods that need to load in a particular order but that is almost always mentioned on the Steam workshop page.

SynergiesMOD seems to be the big one but I have a few that add one-handed crossbows, rifles and re-work the Outlander a bit (my preferred class). There is also a two part re-texture mod which is very nice as well.

If you're not on Steam you'll need to have a poke around sites like this. Installation is usually uzipping and copying a file or folder to the right location.