TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > World of Tanks Public Forum

World of Tanks Public Forum Public discussion and Alliances Forums for World of Tanks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th January 2012, 03:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 19

Cool

I have payed money for this game and i still do not see it as a wast of time or money. You can get to the upper lvls with out paying anything yes it will take longer and you will get killed some times in one shot. But that can happen with a pay to play game IE wow. I know person who plays WoT who has not payed one red cent for the came. This person is in the upper lvls of the game and is still able to get 4 to 5 kills per round. If you are having a hard time in the game try a different type of tank.or there are many different web sites out there that will help you with battle tactics. And some times your team just sucks which means no matter what you are going to die fast. To sum up this game may not be for you that dose not mean it is a wast of time or money. It is just not your game.
Graywalker82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3rd February 2012, 12:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 713

Lurking

All games that claim to be free to play simply mean pay for advantage.
I played w.o.t in beta and still play now , it's a great game. I mostly run on a standard account and don't have any premium tanks. It's slow but can be done. A month premium account is about the same price as a monthly subscription for eve
Old 10th February 2012, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1190

Relaxed

for the short amount of time.... or medium maybe, that i played WoT - i made it into the medium tanks, and I found myself to be ineffective sometimes.... after spending two wednesdays with the boys, i ramped up my kills... and felt, well mediumly effective.

never spent a dime... and made scraps out of some walllet warriors tanks... like people have already said, its possible to get somewhere in the game without spending any money.
Primexes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 05:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Riggor

I play WoT's and am going the FTP route. I have not done too bad for myself, 2 tier 4 tanks, 2 tier 3 tanks and various tier 2 tanks, all on the FTP aspect. Yeah you get the best ammo and more credit and xp, but the challenge of FTP is what keeps me going. So I say WoT's is a is worth what you put into it, as stated before.
Old 28th May 2012, 12:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1145 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

I've played with some friends and plunked 50 bucks in to points (my limit for most freemium games is money equivalent to what I'd pay one off for a similar game).

I've found the premium tanks are kind to you in terms of MM and money making but are typically outgunned by regular tanks. eg. the Churchill is a great money maker and that light 6 pounder is like a machine gun against lower tier tanks, but against KV-1's etc you tend to lose.

The biggest bonus is getting your crew to 100% fast, but you still have to grind out skills. Extra garage space, premium account status (more xp/cash) and extra barracks space are the other things I actually spend on.

Transfer of XP is okay but kinda exxy, no point in buying silver with gold (particularly if you have a money making premmy). Gold shells are hit and miss, I've only bothered once and they were pinging off the enemy tank due to some unfortunate angling. At 4 cents a shell, they can keep em... ; )

As far as I can see, the money get's you nothing you can't get in game anyway, particularly if you're cluey. I've killed Lowe's in my Su-5 (tier 4 rusky arty) and that's a 54 buck tank ffs... If it's pay 2 win, those guys paid too much and still lost... ; )

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 03:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online
Deadly - Post: 2037 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Happy

I bought my Lowe when it was on special ages ago (paid $5 I think for it) and play it when I get bored and need some credits. It works well when you are playing premium and you rack up the creds very quickly. The lower tier buyable tanks I wouldn't bother with and why anyone wants a Churchill is beyond me.

Once was known as Stuman
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 03:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 14

Fine

I appreciate this is an old thread but the question is still relevant and I couldn't help but reply in case people were turned away by the initial post.

I agree with the people that said you can play for free and still enjoy/win. I treat the F2P model as an extra challenge to see if I can play, compete and still enjoy the game and so far I haven't found a good quality F2P game (Iron Grip, PS2, WoT, etc.) that I haven't enjoyed over a long period and for free.

World of Tanks is great fun, I'd recommend giving it a try.
tris2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 04:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 480

This crap needs to be removed by a Moderator. There is no need for a belligerent, uneducated, and incorrect opinion on here. Particularly when it's someone who joined for the sole reason just to bash a game.
theduker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 06:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin
All Knowing - Post: 16998

I see no reason for the thread, or anyone else's opinion of the game to be removed, negative or otherwise. The thread stands.
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Elite - Post: 4344

I just ignored it. The subject line can't even get the three letter short version of the name spelt correctly.

I have played plenty of FTP games, and this one does not fall into the pay to win category. It has so many tanks and trees that to have a chance of playing even half of them does require payment. That is just a good buisness design. I have played for years now, and have not played half of the tanks available.
All tanks play against their own tiers of opposition, so progressing to a higher tier doesn't make you more powerful. It just varies the types of tanks you might face.

I still own, and still play the tier 2 tank that I unlocked and purchased on my first day of play. I am still happy playing that tank and use it every few days. Concidering I have spent a lot on the game and have around 30 tanks to choose from, the fact I can still play and enjoy a tank that was earned while I was playing totally free proves you do not need to spend any money to enjoy this game. Its value has not lessened even though I decided I wanted to branch out and try everything in the game in a shorter duration.

World Of Tanks (ASIA) - Black_Ice World Of Warplanes - Black_Ice_
The Elder Scrolls Online - Jade Mist (Sorcerer, Tailoring)
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote