[DONE] G'day

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by GeeTee, Oct 27, 2021.

1. GeeTee

GeeTee Getting Started

Hey all, can't believe I've never stumbled across TOG before!
    1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG? I tend to play one thing or follow one interest obsessively for a few weeks or months, then switch to something else. Right now I'm focussed on building up my DOS games collection using DBGL as a frontend. Prior to that I was playing Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 and got heavily involved in the TDU World project that aims to bring the full TDU2 online experience back. Before that, No Man's Sky for serveral months. You get the idea. I also tend to dip in and out of the SCS trucksims and I've built a simracing rig where I play mostly PS4 titles - GT Sport, Assetto Corsa, ACC, F1, Dirt, etc etc.
    2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played? I would write my own games on any computer I could get my hands on. The first was a borrowed "Dick Smith VZ200" and then my uncle's VIC 20. The first computer I actually owned was a C64 and I finally got into the PC world with an Amstrad PC1512DD. Wish I still had them all!
    3. Why do you want to join TOG? IDK, just seems like I found my people here!
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. I'm well over 50 now, my time is my own and I split that time between working from home (IT) and gaming. I cannot imagine a better existence. I'm in Perth, Western Australia.
    Cheers, GT

Sysmon, Gilderan, Rukus308 and 3 others like this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Hehe yeah I got some fond memories of a Vic20/64's and also wish I still had them. Welcome to TOG mate :)

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

Gilderan, Rukus308, CAMMO and 2 others like this.
  3. GeeTee

GeeTee Getting Started

Thanks Shrubbo!

4. octoclops

octoclops

-= BRONZE =-

Welcome to TOG GeeTee!

Gilderan, Rukus308, Shrubbo and 2 others like this.
  5. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hey GeeTee and welcome to TOG.

I hope you enjoy your time here and find lots of new friends. :D

Gilderan, Rukus308, Shrubbo and 2 others like this.
  6. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Hope you enjoy your time here and welcome to TOG.

7. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG GeeTee :D we have a simulation games division and a TOG Assetto Corsa server running (or at least last time I checked) however it is the PC addition of the game, I'm sure there will something in the mix TOG is playing that ticks all the boxes for you
    [​IMG]

8. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG @GeeTee. Its also good to have another Republic of Westralia citizen in TOG :)

The C64 was a great machine bested only by the Amiga 500. Like you wish I had kept my old rigs=.

9. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

My parents bought me a tape recorder (Dataset??) for the Commodore 64 for Christmas when I was young. I knew this because I was a sneaky little shit and had carefully unwrapped the present, removed said piece of modern technology, re-wrapped now empty box and was using it. God it was so cool. A tape drive woohoo. I think I hammed it up a little too much about how much I had to type in all this code over and over again because one day I overheard them say "Maybe we should give it to him now?". Oh shit. About a minute later "SHANE!"....

Haha true story. R.I.P. Dad. Good memories :)

Monty, CAMMO, Atrayo and 1 other person like this.
  10. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

Hi There,

I still have my old Commodore 64 all boxed with the old cassette and floppy disc drive. Besides one of its first games Defender of the Crown. Where you could romance and sleep with the princess if you played your cards right, lol.

I also have my Atari 2600 also boxed up with a slew of games. I'm not the hoarder type, but I'm like a meticulous natural archivist in life, lol. (Ie geek alert)

Never got into the whole programming scene however.

Monty, Shrubbo, CAMMO and 1 other person like this.
  11. Moose

Moose Simulation Games Captain

Welcome @GeeTee , Great to see a man who enjoys a Dos games collection, very cool!
    If you'd like to access our comms you can request access: here. Some of us are very big into SCS games so you are in good company, more details in the trucks-simulators section on our discord :). We also have sims general and racing sims you might be interested in.

Rukus308, Monty, CAMMO and 1 other person like this.