WAR: Content and Experience Adjustments Announced
In the first round of experience tweaks, we should all notice a little more experience trickling in through tiers three and four. In addition to this, Mythic are making some adjustments to the keeps to make them a little more challenging (yay) because aparrently we don’t die easily enough :-P The full information is reproduced below from the Warhammer Herald.
Experience Enhancements: Phase 1
Robert Mull | Hot Fix | 10/10/2008 @ 05:09:06 EST
As part of our ongoing effort to tweak Warhammer Online based on player play patterns, we are making some adjustments to the rate and manner of experience gain in certain parts of the game. We continually analyze the data from our in-game metrics tool and as a result, we have made some changes to WAR. These changes will ensure that you will see a noticeable improvement to the rate at which you gain experience in tiers 3 and 4.
We are currently in the planning stages for our next phase of experience enhancements, so expect more on this subject soon. In the meantime, we know these adjustments will make for an enhanced game experience in the later tiers as well as providing additional incentive for people to engage in open RvR action. Again, please keep in mind that these changes are only the first step and we have some additional changes/improvements to open RvR that we can talk about next week.
Quest Experience Rewards
- We have revised the experience awarded for completing quests in chapters 10 through 22.
New Repeatable Quests
- We have added new repeatable PvE quests to all tier 3 chapters (chapters 10 through 14).
- The new quests offered in chapters 10 and 11 may be completed twice each.
- The new quests offered in chapters 12 and 13 may be completed three times each.
- The new quests offered in chapter 14 may be completed four times each.
Skirmish RvR Experience
- The experience earned for killing an enemy player in an RvR lake will be increased by +50%.
SOURCE: Warhammer Herald
High Level Content Adjustments
Missy Hatch | From the Dev Team | 10/10/2008 @ 07:28:03 EST
High-Level Encounter and Armor Set Adjustments
Based on our observations and your feedback, we have determined that Fortress Lords and contested capital city guards are not providing the intended level of challenge. These enemies are among the most dangerous in the game, and battles against these deadly adversaries should be nothing short of epic.
As a result of the changes we’ve made, Fortress Lords and contested city guards will now be even more challenging that they were previously. In order to help players survive these perilous encounters, we have made the following adjustments to two of the game’s high-level armor sets.
- We have updated the Annihilator and Conqueror armor sets (acquired through a variety of high level RvR) to include Wards, in order to maintain parity with PvE Armor Sets.
- The Annihilator set now includes the same Ward as that offered by the Bastion Stair’s Bloodlord set.
- The Conqueror set now includes the same Ward as that offered by the City Dungeon Sentinel set.
- Players who equip pieces from the Annihilator and Conqueror armor sets will be better-equipped to challenge the Fortress Lords and contested city guards. The more pieces equipped, the better defended players will be against these deadly adversaries.
SOURCE: Warhammer Herald
Experience Enhancements: Phase 1 - UPDATE 10/14 15:50 CEST: partly implemented. Quest experience throughout chapter 10-22 has now been increased and the experience gained from killing a player in Open RvR has been increased by 50%.
SOURCE: Jag’s Post