WAR: Patch 1.0.2 Announced
Game Update 1.0.2 has been announced and it looks like the industrious fellows at Mythic have been hard at it to bring some welcome improvements. The full preview description of what they have planned is reproduced below. Please note that this has been taken directly from the Warhammer Herald news post. If you want to see the original post, you can view it HERE.
Note that we have not yet been given an actual release date for this update. As soon as we hear something from Mythic rest assured we will update you here :-)
The team here at Mythic has been busy this week making improvements and fixes based on your feedback to further enhance your gameplay experience. While these may change read on to check out the latest of these exciting updates coming to a server near you!
- The war against the gold spammers continues. We’ve added new code that will hinder the spammers as they seek to carry out their nefarious deeds! This is only the next step, not the final one, in our continued battle against them.
- We have added a ‘Join All’ button to the scenario window which now allows players to join all scenario queues in their current tier at once.
- In order to promote realm and population balance, some realms on some servers will now award their players with a +20% bonus to renown and experience. This is not a permanent bonus, but rather a temporary incentive to promote balance. Realms currently offering this bonus are marked on the server list with a colored icon; blue for Order and Red for Destruction - Check the Herald for the latest list!
- In response to player feedback, we have made several improvements to the behavior and responsiveness of the siege weapon interface. In addition we have fixed some issues with the control and release processes of siege weapons.
- In an ongoing effort to deter players from going AFK while in scenario starting areas, we have made the following changes:
- First, players who join a scenario and remain in their realm’s spawn area for two minutes will be automatically removed from that scenario.
- Second, upon entering the spawn area of a scenario, players will receive a debuff that prevents them from earning renown and experience. This debuff will be removed when the player leaves the spawn area.
- The level range at which players are able to receive the “Bolster” buff while in RvR has been expanded. This buff will now be available starting three levels lower than it had been previously. Please note this change only applies to Scenarios on Open-RvR Ruleset Servers.
- In tier 2, the buff will apply from rank 8 to rank 17, and will raise players to Battle Rank 18.
- In tier 3, the buff will apply from rank 18 to rank 27, and will raise players to Battle Rank 28.
- In tier 4, the buff will apply from rank 28 to rank 35, and will raise players to Battle Rank 36.
- In response to player feedback, we’ve added RvR and NPC chat tabs for new players. These tabs filter scenario chat and NPC chat respectively. In order to minimize frustration to users who have already customized their chat window, we will not be overwriting any current settings, so this change will affect only new players. Players who wish to add these tabs may do so through the normal chat configuration options.
- While in scenarios, players will no longer be able to select “Need” in their loot windows unless their career or race can use the item being offered. Please note: players of a lower level than required by the item are still able to roll.
- We have fixed an issue that was causing claimed keeps to forget that they had been claimed after a server restart. Improvements have been made to how pets follow and they should now return to their owners more quickly.
- We continue to work on the issues with the pet window. We have identified and corrected another bug which was causing this window to disappear. Improvements have been made regarding an issue that was causing pets to teleport back to their owners after combat.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from creating an alliance with more than two guilds. Now that this issue is resolved, alliances can grow to great numbers to crush their enemies!
- Fixed an issue that was causing the chat window to reset to its default position at logout.
General Changes and Bug Fixes
- Ongoing improvements have been made to client and server stability.
- In order to deter players from spam-mailing, WAR continues to enforce a 5-second delay between sending mail messages. However, we have reduced this delay to 1 second for mails being sent to alts or guildmates.
- We have fixed an issue that was causing monsters to lose their aggression toward players in some rare cases.
- We have identified a small percentage of monsters in the game that were slightly less challenging than originally designed. We have adjusted the abilities of these monsters to bring them in line with their intended level of difficulty.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing players to change their tactics configuration during combat.
- We have made several fixes and improvements to the behavior of monsters and encounters in the Lost Vale dungeon. Access to this dungeon has been granted once more, and it should now provide an appropriately challenging experience for high-level players.
- Warlord Set Trinkets were missing their career requirements. Career requirements have been added to these items.
- In response to player feedback, we have made several improvements to the behavior and responsiveness of the siege weapon interface.
- The words in the chat tab labels will no longer disappear when players change the game’s graphical resolution.
- The chat window will no longer slide upward when being resized.
- Fixed some issues with the creation of chat tabs. Newly-created chat tabs should no longer continue beyond the border of the chat window.
- Players who interact with guild vaults while their inventory is full will no longer see items in the guild vault disappear.
- We have fixed an issue that was causing the game not to remember the chat prefix (/tell, /g, /wb), forcing players to retype it each time. The game should now correctly remember the chat prefix.
- Chat font settings will now save properly.
- Fixed an issue which was causing healers to lose targeting on a player who they just resurrected.
- A number of game actions and NPC and monster communications were being sent to players through the wrong chat channel. We have made several fixes relating to these issues.
Realm vs. Realm
- The pre-scenario countdown timer should now work properly once again.
- We have fixed an issue that was causing claimed keeps to forget that they had been claimed after a server restart.
- Players’ use of siege weapons will be no longer be interrupted when those players take damage.
- We have fixed an issue that was preventing players from opening the main door of a captured keep which belonged to their realm.