1. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Well-Known Member

G'day guys,

Been a while. Sorry ... real life has been ... REAL of late.

Anyway ... who is still here and what do we have planned for 2012?

2. George

George Well-Known Member

how about a forum tidy up, a new list for PSN/XBOX live accounts, tidy up the stickies, add new games and nights we play..............

We normally do that sort of thing don't we :)

Happy new year all. I'm out of Afghanistan for ever and will be moving the wife and kids back to Dubai for a bit. So i'll be playing more games and getting on the forum a bit more.

Neil

3. Pure Mongrel

New list started :D

The specific games lists need a tidy up and new ones added for BF3 and MW3?

4. click

click Well-Known Member

We need a game to band us all together again.
    The forum was most active when we played Burnout and MAG.
    Any thoughts on some games that are soon to be released that we could all get hyped about.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  5. George

George Well-Known Member

there is something else. Handhelds. I remember we gave them to the another section that then moved to the lab and then changed their name to mobiles. With the Vita coming out how about adding "handheld" to the prefix for new threads and putting a new picture showing all consoles and the current hand helds in the "new members start here" thread.

Just a thought

6. click

click Well-Known Member

I think this is a great idea, maybe even ipads aswell.
    I know I would like to post about some Ipad games I love to play.

7. George

George Well-Known Member

there is the apple section here if that helps. It's in the Lab section

8. Pure Mongrel

Wasn't A1 and Cadder talking about Starhawk a little while back? Is that one that would that we are interested in?

I assume we are talking about a PS3 title due? ;)

9. Spunkmeyer

Spunkmeyer Getting Started

Hey guys (and EB or whatever you're going by these days)!

Just thought I'd sound off and say that I'm still alive and doing surprisingly well. I've got virtually no time for gaming these days (if you see me "online" on the PS3, chances are it's my Dad playing Skyrim again... at last check he had over 220hrs logged....), but I do tend to pop in over here to see whats going on. Between school, work, and the occasional social gathering, I feel like I'm in lockdown. :(

That being said, I've got no real time to contribute to the site/community, but you have my moral (albeit of low quality ;)) support.

Eventually I'll get to a point where I can feed my gaming addiction again, and I look forward to tearing it up with you guys.

10. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Yep. I've been playing the Starhawk Beta. (and playing and playing)
    It frickin' rocks.

There're only really two games on my rader - Starhawk (I think it gets released in May) and GTA5. (prolly next year sometime)

11. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

Starhawk is on my list for this year as well.

Thanks for the update Cadder. I knew this title would be good based on how much fun Warhawk was.

A few questions:

What is the team based play like?
    Is their a means of teaming up in this game togeather?
    Any chance this could work for us.?

Looks like you might be taking lead on this one mate. I didn't secure a beta key. Son did and he doesn't play it. To busy.

12. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

I guess now that it's PUBLIC beta, I can disclose some of this stuff :)

The team play is very good. If you have a team with mics and common sense, they'd absolutely dominate.
    At the moment I find a lot of "lone wolf" players, but I just happened to get on a team with a couple of guys who, even though I was the only one with a mic, really pulled together and we got the flag 3 times in about 12 minutes.
    If you have a couple of guys in cars, a couple of guys protecting in hawks, and a couple of bods on the ground building turrets in the enemy camp to keep them busy, it can really make a difference.
    The hardest thing to contend with is the level 1&2 newbies who don't *get* the fact that building walls everywhere not only wastes finite resources (eg, when you want to build a spawn point in the enemy camp you can't because there's 300 walls around your home base), but it also hinders your own guy getting back HOME to the base WITH the flag.

I can't state it enough - the "build and battle" system (ie, build turrets, walls, weapons, armouries pretty much anywhere you need them) turns the usual "run to the other base and try not to get killed" idea on its head. It's just plain fun.
    I have literally chuckled as I've snuck behind enemy lines, erected a spawn point and watched as my team mates all suddenly drop in on the bewildered couple of sentries left behind on the enemy base.
    OR, found myself pinned down inside a structure or behind a rock and been able to escape by erecting a turret in front of me... behind my would-be attacker(s).
    Lots of fun. And I haven't even mentioned the Hawks that turn into mechs for ground battling...
    (You can even "stomp" on ground troops in the Mech. it's awesome fun.)

Oh, it's also gotta be said - I'm very similar to you in Warhawk, A_1; I much prefer to be a tactical ground troop than in a Warhawk - I get shot down too easily, 'cos I'm a crap pilot. But in Starhawk, I find I actually enjoy the odd bout of dogfighting as well. The hawk is a good way of getting energy ("Rift") quickly so you can build more useful structures. And yes, you can swoop in, drop a turret/wall/spawn point/vehicle base right into the middle of an enemy base without having to land the Hawk.
    OR, there's a smaller jetpack (like the "Fallen Star" addon to Warhawk) that allows you to use your regular troop weapons whole airborne - rifle, rocket launcher, grenades, etc.... (And be forewarned...you blokes have played enough MAG and/or Warhawk with me to know my mantra... Prox Mines FTW!)

When you spawn, you drop from the sky in a pod. That spawn pod can ALSO be used as a weapon... in fact, you get an in-game bonus for dropping a pod ON an enemy and killing them. The first time you do that will put a big grin on your face, I can guarantee. :twisted:

If you haven't yet seen any gameplay footage (and there's plenty appearing on Youtube now) Think of it as a cross between a third-person shooter and "tower defense". With mechs. How can that NOT be cool? ;)

You should be able to use it. It's not tied to a particular machine or account.
    I'd *fully* recommend trying.

Being beta, none of the friend/clan/matching systems are properly operational yet, but it'd be no problem to create a game for TOGgers, if we're all on each others friend lists.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012