A Hopeful Young Apprentice

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by The-Justus, Aug 21, 2004.

1. The-Justus

The-Justus Just Joined

Hello TOG,

My step father is a member of TOG and games under the name of Bullet Ridden in BFV. I joined him up and he’s thoroughly enjoying the camaraderie of the clan and discipline demonstrated through training pracs and the strategies setout for scrim matches.

To be honest I’m a little envious. My current clan is self-destructing, lacks discipline and has no organisation. Sadly scrims are a haphazard affair.

Would it be possible to seek approval to join TOG? Unfortunately I don’t have age on my side - I’m only 17 years old.

I believe I can make a positive contribution to the TOG clan in BFV and DC as well as learn ‘from my elders’. I am located in Adelaide, Australia and play in the GameArena servers.

I have read and agree to the FAQ's and AUP

A hopeful young apprentice!

2. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

unfortunatly Justus the age requiment is strict and not flexible. Thank you for posting a very well written intro I might add, but again this is something we can not change here at TOG. You are however are welcome to show up on our servers and play with us anytime you like, and in 7 years you can offically be a TOGer like the rest of us. Thanks again for your post and good luck to you in your hunt for a fun clan to play with 8)

3. Derelict

Derelict Retired Administrator

Sometimes the words sound harsh.

Yes we have a very open policy on those who wish to join TOG. Meet the requirements, and you're accepted.

What are our requirements?
    1) Be 25 years old or over
    2) Have read the TOG FAQ and agree to it
    3) Have read the TOG AUP and agree to it
    4) Want to join TOG for the reasons that TOG agrees with you

Ok, #4 isn't a written requirement, but once you've read the rules and know what TOG's about and you still want to do it, then you've fulfilled #4 by default.

Justus, I, and I expect most other TOG'ers feel for your situation, however our requirements are stated as such and we if we change the requirements once, what happens if someone else comes along wanting the same thing? You sound mature for your age and you sound as though you would genuinely be an asset to TOG as you're enthusiastic and well spoken. Ultimately though this decision rests on the Admins of TOG. :)

There's nothing to stop you from starting another community called "Sons of TOG" though. ;)

STOG | The-Justus

Does that have a nice ring to it? :)

4. Chesty

Chesty Well-Known Member

I tell you what guys and gals - this Justus fella has a good eye. I got owned and a few others to tonight on BFV. I wish he was old enough to join because he had skills.

Sorry about the black and white nature of this Justus - your mental age unfortunately is clearly older that your physical. If we let one person in on this basis we could end up with a list as long as our arm of tools less fortunate in the brain dept than you and that possibility is not acceptable to any of us.

I hope to see that day that Justus is inducted into the asylum we call TOG. Nice to meet you as well.

5. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

Hey bud...sorry bout the age thing...sound like a great kid. Have a cousin your age and she's well spoken and mature as well. Tough sometimes when your age holds you back from things.

Like the guys said tho, feel free to hang with the guys in the servers, and hang with us here ;)

See ya in 7.

(oh and that sTOG thing's a good damned idea LOL. I know this isn't the first time this came up ;))

6. MotherFlanker

MotherFlanker Retired Journalist<br>Retired Advisor

It's Just not fare :( :( :( Poor guy!. ((pats him on the head)) Look at it this way. spend a few years in a younger clan and by the time you qual. youll be kicking all our bums. (prob. could as of now ) 8O

Sorry Big guy... :oops:

7. touchwood

touchwood Well-Known Member

:( Bugger..............sorry mate............... :(
    Derelict has a good point though, why not start your own clan, I`m sure some of the oldies would be willing to help if required. Good luck mate, hope to cya in game............

8. Easy_Beat

Easy_Beat Retired Moderator

Adelaide, SA Occupation: Fox´s Muse TOG_Sponsor: $
    I honestly feel for you mate. Unfortunately age is one of the main requirements. Here's to hoping there may be a Kids of TOG clan one day.
    Good luck with finding a good clan.

9. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Thanks

I do feel for you mate, maybe you can jump on TS when we are in the pubs and join in there like last night :D

10. StockMan

StockMan Retired Advisor

I personally would love to be in his position :!: *Too young to qualify* :cry: :wink:

Sorry bud......stick around and play on the servers anytime :)

11. Dars183

Dars183 Retired Moderator

Hey there The Justus, Sorry this can't work out :cry: and when you get to our age 7 years aint that long 8O

I feel like I am The Justus's main "target" in game, I can tell you i'm often tempted to swap sides so my butt is not continually being kicked by him. I do however rejoice when I get that rare kill on him :twisted: The score tally would look at bit like this The Justus 120 Vs Dars 6 :wink:

TJ continue to play with us old fogies on the pubs and don't be disheartend by your current clan problems, there are plenty of well respected clans out there that should jump at the chance of getting you on board. Your a great player and you understand the joys of gaming and team play. :)

Cheers

12. GiTFiDDle

GiTFiDDle Active Member

Nice post Justus! Do feel free to join us anytime for a couple of friendly TK's. :wink: Sorry about the age requirement, but without it we might become "The Almost Older Gamers" :lol: I'll be keeping an eye out for you if you make your way over to the American server sometime :)

13. The-Justus

The-Justus Just Joined

Thanks for all of your support :D The STOG sounds alright, aproximitely how many TOG members have family that are under the age of 25 interested in joining in a clan?

Whenever I do see a server with TOG in it I'll make sure I join it. I just wanted to let you guys know that I have quit my old clan now and I will be clanless for a while. So Im allowed to join in your TS2 channel? Also if you need to make up numbers in prac servers my email is the_justus@hotmail.com. If Bullet_Ridden is playing in them I'll be watching!
    Cheers,
    The Justus

14. Church

Church Getting Started

Sorry to say this but

/agree

Rules are in place and rules must apply to all. If one person is allowed an exception than whenever anyone else (who is not of the obvious maturity level you are) seeks an exception than it must be considered. I am sure my fellow TOGers are saying what they ar saying not because of you, but because we only seek to protect what we are.

You also might want to toss out your Xfire handle. That would probably be they way most of us would get in touch with you, not your email.

15. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red

Hey mate,

Yep, unfortunately our age rule is not negotiable, and as such we cannot allow you to become a TOG member yet. However, please feel free to contribute in the public forums and enjoy the hospitality of the people here.

When you turn 25 you will be most welcome to wear a TOG tag :)

16. Setmehigher

Setmehigher Just Joined

Age thingy...

Soz, bud. Hmmm...I wonder if some of us older folk could trade some years with our young friend? I know I'd like to be 25 again...then he'd just need 1 more year from someone else! ;) Sigh...if only that would work! ;)

17. shark03

shark03 Getting Started

Hey Justus!

Man, it is so difficult to turn down someone who is 1) Sincerely appreciative of the great thing we have going here at TOG 2) Obviously articulate and intelligent... something we have a scarcity of here... :D and 3) Very skilled at COD... again, we could use you... in 7 years. Thanks for the interest and play with us. Kick our "old butts" in revenge and smile like a demon as you do it!

The fun you have playing with us is not limited to age!