A question on gear mods.

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by Battle Pope, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

So, gear mods - does anyone know if different types of mods are better suited to a class of gear? :confused:

ie, is it better to put a firearms mod into a holster rather than a set of knee-pads or do they give the same benefit no matter where they get slotted?

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

I have mixed and matched mine as i have changed armour including the new stuff and cant say i have really seen any difference apart from prototype is better then advanced .. I do look for crit chance over the other lesser functions like how long something runs for to help me with killing stuff ...

The harder part i have found is trying to get mod slots on gear but at least now it only costs normal currency to recalibrate versus phoenix credits

3. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

There is no difference. They are freely interchangeable.

4. Battle Pope

Thanks guys. It looked like that from playing around with the gear mods but it wouldn't have surprised me if there was some undocumented effects in the game.

5. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Is there somewhere I can find a good loadout for playing as a Tank ie. what weapons, what mods, what talents, etc? I'll be honest, I just like shooting $hit up - I don't care about knee pads and talents and whatever - I just want to be able to find a list that says 'get this and this and that and you will have a gear score of blah...then go out and kill'

6. Battle Pope

I'd like this as well.

I crafted a new AR last night from a HE blueprint (Liberator IIRC) and went out for a quick test - with the previous lightweight M4 I was using it would usually take about 1/2 a mag to drop a level 28 guy just roaming the streets outside the DZ - with gun mods and the set gloves that dropped for me last night I think I cleared an entire patrol before I needed to change mags! - can't wait to try it out on Hard and Challenge tonight. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

7. Binary-Ninja

Liberator & Caduceus AR are beasts i still cant decide between them as i can mod them until they are almost the same DPS .. Maybe the Liberator has better stability if anything ..

But just saw that new AR in Special Weapon vendor for 940 Phoneix Credits .. it would want to be good

@Pharoah

Go to youtube look for MacroStyle or Arrekz Gaming , Willis Gaming videos on The Division they have a lot of good info for builds

Tank

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  8. Pharoah

Thanks mate, will have a look. BTW I'm moving house tomorrow so I'll be offline until TPG can relocate my service. *sigh*

9. Nefarious*au

Nefarious*au Active Member

I love AR's. I use a Liberator because, aesthetically at least, they are just heaps cooler.

HOWEVER, in terms of "real DPS" (don't rely on the number in your character screen) SMG's are about 60% more effective. Once you're in Challenge modes (and, in particular, Incursions), you should be running an SMG.

10. Pharoah

I don't mind the Vector - I can see how OP it is however I only have a 36 round mag and I understand you can get this up to 55 or so - what do I need to get that?

11. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Despite what they say, there is no way to effectively "tank" in The Division as we are used to in other MMOs. The way that threat work's in the game, the lack of a taunt, a gap closer and the ability to position mobs means that you simply will not be able to fulfill the role.

What you can do is, have a roughly equal firearms/stamina build and go for a close combat DPS build.

With respect to the named ARs. They are not tanking weapons, in fact, I wouldn't even use them as a backup for a DPS build. Their talents are designed to give Skill Power based Electronic builds a decent weapon and the synergy there is actually quite powerful.

My DPS loadout is a high bullet damage DMR and the best of the 30 or so Vectors I rolled pre v1.1.

12. Binary-Ninja

Buy the HE extended magazine blueprint so you can craft as many as you need to get best roll .. one of mine has 101% size and 25% rate of fire..

As far as SMG's goes i got a Navy MP5 blueprint today and rolled it to 9200k damage bare gun .. it has a 31 base mag so with the extended mag i can get 62/64 just cant get a decent sight for it yet .. I think it might be better for tanking then the vector due to larger clip

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  13. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

A form of taunt should be possible by letting one member equip a weapon with a loud muzzle and the rest using silencers.

14. Vansen

Vansen World of Warcraft: Raid Leader

I concur.
    Now if I can only get my hands on the Caduceus so I can min / max with my Liberator that would be awesome!!!

15. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

I tried this out with a sidearm and the ballistic shield which apparently has +threat baked in. I still lost aggro when a DPS hit the mob with a silenced DMR and did a 700k headshot crit. And since you have no taunt, its game over.

16. Nefarious*au

We've recently discovered that threat doesn't work anything like the traditional "make him attack me" effect it has in other games. With The Division, threat simply increases your ability to suppress a target. Essentially I might have to spray 10 bullets at a target to suppress it, wheres a person with couple of threat mods only lets of half that. There is no "aggro" table to get to the top of.

17. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

So what use is a silencer? Don't you always want to suppress an enemy if possible?

18. Nefarious*au

Well if I'm trying to bring a target down I want it out in the open or not hiding behind cover so maybe their idea was the "tank" suppresses, say, 3 of 4 targets and then the DPS can engage the 4th and with low threat it won't suppress and will die quickly?

I'm just spitballing, it's unlike any use of threat I've ever encountered.

19. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Silencers are vital for marksman rifles so you can get multiple headshots on targets behind cover.