Age of Wushu players

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Elyzion, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Elyzion

Elyzion Getting Started

2. Bluesteel

Bluesteel Star Citizen: Southern Seraphs Officer

I bought it a while back and played closed Beta but just couldn't get into it.

3. IronChefChopper

IronChefChopper Getting Started

Hi elyzion

I am interested in playing. I was going to roll a new character on Red Phoenix because that seems to be the newest server. Let me know.

4. Merv

Merv Active Member

I got this and the ping is horrible. anyone figured out how to play this without timing out doing basic things? The Global server is a joke haha.

5. Stela

Stela Just Joined

I played a while ago now, a visually beautiful game, easy to play even on this old comp, with some really innovative game mechanics, new features never before seen in a mmorph, but it was nearly unplayable when I stopped & I never went back.

Age of Wushu & Age of Wulin, published by 2 different companies, are identical games, at different points in time with respect to their updates, with Wulin slightly behind Wushu.

Wushu was mishandled pretty much right from the start & players suffered a lot because of it. Some were really dedicated though, so it might be a good place to start out. I would suggest checking the "state of the game" on their forums, before downloading the game from Wushu.

Wulin had a much smaller player base to begin with, but was slowly growing over time, including some who had migrated from Wushu because overall, it was handled much better than Wushu. There was really good communication between the players & the publishers & the Mod team, whereas, at the time, there was next to none with Wushu's.

Unfortunately though, both Wushu & Wulin publishers had to deal with nearly the same set of issues. The game was badly plagued with hacks, cheats, system exploits, you name it, it was there.

I've never felt so bad for publishers of a game as I did then, especially because all of this happened so soon after launch, that it literally drove the players away, to the point that whole maps were practically empty.

Wulin definitely had more success dealing with these issues than Wushu did, but they too were struggling. So again, if I were you, I would check their forums to see how they're doing & then decide which site you want to give the game a shot on.