Alliance preference

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Rickety, Feb 2, 2014.

?

What Alliance do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2014.
  1. Daggerfall Covernant

64 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. Ebonheart Pact

40 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Aldmeri Dominion

67 vote(s)
    39.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

It is too close to tell! :D

2. Jeimuzu

Jeimuzu Active Member

This is more exciting than the Super Bowl.

3. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Haha! No kidding - what a craptacular game... flat out terrible. Good on the Seahawks for their defense - flat out stuffed Manning!

4. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

Not too sure about that. After spending hundreds of hours running around Skyrim the last thing I really want to do is head back and do it all again. A change of scenery would be very well received imo.

5. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

I enjoyed Skyrim but I also would prefer a change of scene. I voted AD.

6. StarKat

StarKat Just Joined

I am Dominion all the way :) Altmer yay!

7. C4

C4 Retired Captain

AD for me but will roll on whichever the majority choose.

Can't wait to run into Legolas and Drizzt ingame ;)

8. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

AD is gaining lead :D

9. Wabbajack

Is there anyway to set up a ranked system or some form of transferable vote?

10. Evangelian

Evangelian Getting Started

DC for me and my Orc - sticking with the original setup and not bastardising post Imp Ed. Pretty sure partner will be Breton (although the allure of Imp may be too much to handle). A mate is rolling Breton and he will be DC as well

11. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Go DC!

:bighappy:

12. Erebos

Erebos Active Member

I am not that set on any one faction, but rather would just like to avoid the Aldmeri Dominion. The only mer culture I find interesting is the Dulmer and Osimer, and I just cant get my self play with a cat or lizard character. (well I find the Dwemer interesting as well, but I doubt that we will get to play as one)

13. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I think some people take it too seriously.

TBH, I don't care where we end up, I put my vote in, but if I don't get it, I'll be fine, as long as I can play with TOG.

14. Tachyon

Tachyon Well-Known Member

Redguard is my favorite, some I'm going with Daggerfall. That said, I suspect I'll have alts in each of the races.

15. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

I do not see anyone taking this "too seriously". The point of a poll seeks the interests of Toggers, thus explaining why one values one alliance over another and provide a rough guidance for the future TOG direction. "Rough" is the key word as everything at this point hinges on the explosion of info revealed when the NDA lifts.

There are "advantages" in the selection of an alliance. Somewhat minimal though important none the less.
    Lore plays a big role with players who enjoy the story we all loved in the single player series leading up to this online version. Roleplayers REALLY value this.
    Start location! The selection of an alliance dictates where we Toggers, begin our adventure. This is key to development such as initial quest interaction, map layout, questions such as "a dark world for my first 20 levels?, An open world?" Crafters may find interest in resource location, etc, etc, etc.

As they say in business and in MMO gaming, PvP (RVR) wise, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

Sure, we may chose any faction within... though the lore, quest stories and location are key aspects we must not ignore when choosing our initial home.

As said by others in the past and recent - when the NDA lifts we will learn from those day to day involved.

16. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

You're right, Sytes. After all, this is just going to be the starting point. We all may end up in a different faction later on, and use it as our main faction.

17. Wabbajack

Personally I do not think we are taking it seriously enough. I think too many may be focusing on which race they want to play rather than looking at the wider picture.

For instance, one aspect of the Aldmeri Dominion that I have issues with is the fact that they do not have a human race option. Given that humans are usually the most popular race in these games this could be problematic; especially given that the only options for the dominion are arrogant high elves, cannibalistic wood elves, or drug pushing cat people :p

18. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

Psst! Want some skooma? :twisted:

I suspect most people who are bothering to vote are likely to preorder and will be able to play the race they want regardless of faction. They may see fewer of their kind around, but it's better than having no choice at all.

I suspect whatever faction happens I will have at least one alt in another, but it would be nice to have all in one for the guild if we could.

19. Cromulent

Cromulent Active Member

We have to think of players who will join later, though, and won't have access to all races for all factions. I'm guessing there will be a lot of them.

If I didn't have the preorder bonus, and my only choice of races was two different elves and a cat, it would be a dealbreaker. I'd join a different guild.

Honestly, if it remains this evenly split, we should just create two different guilds. It'll probably happen anyway - in other MMOs, there's often TOG "alt guilds" for different factions - but in this case, have two equally important "main guilds".

20. Shimmer

Shimmer Active Member

That is actually a good point that I hadn't considered before...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.