Alliance preference

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Rickety, Feb 2, 2014.

?

What Alliance do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2014.
  1. Daggerfall Covernant

64 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. Ebonheart Pact

40 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Aldmeri Dominion

67 vote(s)
    39.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Humans are young, destructive, and all around smelly.

If we were too worried about the available races, then EP would probably be the best, as it has 1 mer, 1 human, and 1 beast. DC has 2 human, 1 beast/mer. AD has 2 mer, 1 beast.

2. Cahiry

Cahiry Elite Dangerous Captain

I call shenanigans on this poll on the grounds that AD is not winning anymore

3. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

AD should annex the EP territories, that way we can gain their votes :p

4. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

E B O N H E A R T

5. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

We really need to see what 3 different regions prefer. EU players may all end up on the EU server, while oceanic may end up on the NA server. however, the oceanic players may play at a different time.

6. Wakalu

Wakalu Getting Started

That is a valid point. I am NA timezone and will be playing weekday evening and weekend days/nights. I imagine i will end up playing with some late night Oceanic, as I do on WoW. At least with their Mega Server, we should in theory avoid a WoW Proudmoore faction imbalance.

7. Jeimuzu

Jeimuzu Active Member

Queen Ayrenn: The leader of the Aldmeri Dominion and Queen of the High Elves is voiced by Kate Bekinsale.

8. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

This is a very good point.

9. Grayman

Grayman Lord of the Rings Leader

I heard you can be any race in any faction now, but on a Google search I was unable to verify that. (Perhaps someone who has a Facebook account can confirm this, as that's supposedly where the information was released.) I did see that you can be an Imperial in any faction, so long as you pay for that edition up front.

Voting "present" doesn't work here, however, so since I prefer playing a Breton in the earlier games I'm voting for Daggerfall. But ultimately being a human matters more to me than what faction or landscape I'm in.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  10. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

If you pre-order the game you will get the option to play as any race in any alliance. At the moment it is unknown if there is any other way to gain this perk or if it will become available several months down the track.

11. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Might have to be 3 guilds, 1 for each Faction.

Additionally might have to consider EU and US server Guilds, that then makes 6 guilds.

Not forgetting the XBOX ONE and PS4 although stand alone servers. So another 6 guilds.

No easy solution it would seem.

12. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

I wasn't even considering consoles - too much of a dyed in the wool pc gamer. But yes, that does give the likelihood of further splitting beyond faction and timezone. One poll which doesn't take into account all those variables isn't going to really decide anything.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  13. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

Consolidating numbers into as small a number of guilds as possible is usually the best way to go. This is especially true in this game which will feature guild based auction houses and stores. The guilds are also supposedly cross faction so we will not be locked out from the other alliances; I plan on creating a couple of alts to explore the other story lines.

The big issue, like most MMO's TOG plays, is going to be guild member caps. There is a very real possibility we will need a second guild just to fit everyone. Last I heard this set at 300 members although this may very well have changed by now.

14. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I had an idea. We can create teams within the guild. Party size is small in this game. 1 guild on the server, but have some teams or groups that play in the same timezones.

15. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Guilds are cross faction so more than likely it will be:

Guild 1: Main guilld - "TOG" The Older Gamers
    Guild 2: Overflow/alts/closed parties/TZ specific - Variation of "TOG" The Older Gamers

Assuming enough players are playing ESO on a console for there to be the demand for a division then the same would apply to it.

Judging by the lifecycle of other MMO's in TOG we can expect a heavy number of new players within 1-3 months (up to 1500 if GW2 is anything to go by, though ESO has a bit more hype about it), probably breaking the guild limit of 300-500 once or twice or more times over. Around 3-6 months, it will shrink to a more stable population. How many around still around after 6 months usually determines a games initial success.

I think this discussion happens when every new MMO comes out. Ultimately it will be the Div Captains (and their team) decision, whoever that lover of pain and suffering is.....

16. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Captain

Glad to hear it's confirmed that the guilds are cross faction. The guild would have to pick who they want to fight for right?

17. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I find that to be awesome. That way we don't have to worry about different factions or server groups. We can have one main guild for all the benefits in one place, without having to worry about alts too much. Then we can break the guild into teams or sub-guilds. These would be closer groups that play together, have like minded ideas on how to play the game. Like a team that is more pvp focused, a team that is more pve focused, etc.

Sytes likes this.
  18. Cahiry

Cahiry Elite Dangerous Captain

SWTOR was the same, we ended up with 3-4 guilds on one server at one point i think.

19. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

I voted for AD though with a guild cap of only 300, we could have guilds on every faction. Or three or four guilds on the same faction. Both systems their merits, and perils. Up to the community and Division Captain to decide ultimately.

20. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Factions in Elder Scrolls Online

Our choice of alliances may prove a critical question considering the PvP content and merchants/crafters.

If not: essentially 2/3rd of the guild have 1 of 2 choices:

a.) fighting along side their alliance chosen at creation against their own keep.

b.) sit and watch as their keep and fellow Toggers are ransacked and their merchant/crafter based guild store is dissolved.

This also means the more structured guilds, the kings they will be. I.E.
    A guild, for the sake of security, proclaim as one alliance will be a powerhouse. As their positioning as one alliance for all members means they all may defend their keep.

Any info to the contrary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.