Alliance preference

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Rickety, Feb 2, 2014.

?

What Alliance do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2014.
  1. Daggerfall Covernant

64 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. Ebonheart Pact

40 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Aldmeri Dominion

67 vote(s)
    39.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Additional:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1276/kw/player Guild

Again, the idea of Toggers grouping together cross faction is a myth. We will not according to this question / answer.

Also:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2821/kw/player Guild

Wyst likes this.
  2. Erebos

Erebos Active Member

They have already said that if you guild in allied to a faction and you character is in another, then you can not enter the same campaign as the one you guild are in.

Example from my understanding:
    If TOG is allied to AD and I as a member of the guild have a Nord in the EP. Then if TOG in assigned to campaign version 15, I would not be able in enter that one, but I could enter campaign version 16.

However if TOG goes multi alliance. Then it might be smartest to have one guild per empire, and one extra cross faction non guild for officers.

3. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Seeing as this is not available to cross faction based guilds, this seems to suggest simply a couple guild mates may not group together to romp the PvE forest - let alone campaigns...

Interesting thought on the "Imperial" aspect - May an Imperial group with any of the cross faction guild mates? Bah, disregard the Imperial idea... Seems once they enter they must proclaim the faction to join thus entering the same boat.

Dividing up the TOG guild makes us a small fish in a big pond... so it appears.

4. GenesisInc

GenesisInc Elder Scrolls Online Officer

not sure if I have read and understood all this,

But say we went AD, and I made a Nord (and because of pre purchase) that was also in AD, that wouldn't be an issue for the guild thing.

Or is it that a Nord by default should be in EP and so I can only group with other races that are EP by default?

5. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

I personally think we need one major guild that is the focus to be able to get the most out of ESO. I'm happy to go with which ever faction is chosen for our main guild. Of course having sister guilds for the other factions is fine.

6. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

For PvP sake, I am happy to make a toon in that alliance. Plus I preordered, so I can make a Bosmer still.

7. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

You may only group with EP players unfortunately.

8. joeshmoe554

joeshmoe554 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. If you character is part of the AD faction, then you should be able to group with other AD faction members, regardless of race. It would be somewhat silly for the pre-order bonus to prevent people from grouping with members of their own faction, just because they chose to play a non-faction race.

9. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

They specifically addressed this in the q&a provided in an earlier post.

10. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

I think I'm getting confused. I thought that with pre-ordering that any race can be with any faction. I would then assume by default that you would then group with the races according to that faction or with others that hard pre-ordered and chosen that faction.

So if I make an Orc and we go with AD I would then group with the AD faction for the game and not be able to group with the DC faction?

confuzzeled....

11. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

12. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

That seems awfully silly, to be able to join any alliance but then cannot group with people from that alliance.

The site says when you mouse of the bonus:

Play any race in any alliance: Your characters can join any of the Alliances, no matter which race you choose.

So, wouldn't that mean that you choose your alliance and are connected to that alliance for content/grouping purposes...

Edit: So after reading the following again:

--------
    Will I be able to team up with a player from a different Alliance?

Players can only group with members of their own Alliance. You may, however, communicate with guildmates in another Alliance, as guilds in The Elder Scrolls Online are account-based rather than character-based.

------
    I read it that it is in regards to the Alliance you are in, so if you choose a different Alliance for the race, then that is your alliance, therefore would be able to group with the players in the chosen faction.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  13. Shimmer

Shimmer Active Member

The way I read both of those links is that you can only play with those who are in your alliance.

If you created a Nord but joined the AD then you can only group up with others who are in AD because that is your alliance...

14. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Agree very silly!

The alliance is upon creation linked w/ the character you choose.. EB, AD, DC.

As they note the difference... you may join any alliance though you may only group with your own. However, you can still communicate with your guildies (consolation prize?)

15. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

Sounds like people are getting mixed up between race and alliance. Both are set in stone once you create your character, but the only one that has any bearing on who you can play with is your alliance.

16. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

To clarify:

These alliances are EP, AD, DC. These are chosen upon creation of your character. The character chosen dictates the alliance.
    Pre-orders seem the only exemption for a race under one alliance to enter another. Once chosen, s/he may not group with a guild mate of another alliance. Once the game begins - a player is bound to the alliance associated with the character s/he chooses.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/preorder
    GenesisInc, apologies - I thought it only applied to Imperials. You are correct, As a Nord typically of the EP alliance, due to your pre order position - you may change your Nord to the AD or DC alliance thus group with other guild mates of the same alliance.

Once the pre orders are complete... The following goes into effect.

Factions in Elder Scrolls Online

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1276/kw/player Guild

Very important, the decision of TOG. as pre orders obviously end once the game releases, thus beyond the 70 or so whom have voted - many more will join on / after the release date and will be restricted to the races within the alliance TOG chooses.

Not only this, though it will define the start point for 20 or so levels, PvP location and lore / alliance quests for those joining TOG.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  17. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Wow this poll keeps jumping.

18. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

it appears I may need to retract a certain line of thought I held in previous posts. my earlier thoughts have not been ruled out however conversing with a few friends it appears more strength leans towards the opinion the option for any race, any alliance may not be restricted to pre orders. it is available with any standard edition or imperial edition purchase. I sure hope this is the case. it makes much more sense, least to me it does.

Everything is speculation at this point. Rationalization takes precedence when opinions are being formed. I hope my initial opinion is incorrect.

I think we can clearly imagine when the NDA is lifted our opinions will walk on more solid ground.

Thymos likes this.
  19. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Sytes, your opinion being incorrect is nothing new :p Just kidding.

20. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

:biglol: Considering present company, I'll take that as a compliment. :D Just kidding of course.

One has to ask though... if you create a character in beta do you have a choice what Alliance to associate your character with? hmmm... don't answer of course - nda restrictions and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.