Alliance preference

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Rickety, Feb 2, 2014.

?

What Alliance do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2014.
  1. Daggerfall Covernant

64 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. Ebonheart Pact

40 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Aldmeri Dominion

67 vote(s)
    39.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Healthy discussion is always good, even when anyone's point of view may be incorrect. I know I've been incorrect about many things.

I would like to say more on the topic, but.. umm.. yea.

2. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Interesting articles here... on the Perks of pre-order.

A closer look at the pre-order and CE perks : elderscrollsonline

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/01/pre-order-reactions/comment-page-54/

Hmm... What to say.

I hope this is not the case though seems this "opinion" is shared more extensively than my own thoughts.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  3. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I believe the faq says that the explorer's pack wont be available after launch. However, some have inferred that they may break apart the explorers pack and make the items available individually some way in the game. Whether it's a cash shop purchase, or unlockable.

4. Grin

Grin Getting Started

You can join up to 5 guilds (at once) I believe.

So we could have one TOG guild for all accounts, regardless of alliance, which will cater for account wide trade/stores and general chat. And then 3 separate guilds for each alliance, catering for grouping and PVP/AVA combat.

So ideally, you would be a member of two guilds max within the TOG community, to allow for experiencing of all content with fellow Toggers.

The results of the Alliance poll are fairly evenly spread, so with this approach there should be enough players per faction for active grouping.

There may need to be strict rules for no PVP/AVA related chat within the cross alliance guild. And also depending on the final guild size limit, there may need to be a couple of the 'main' account based, cross alliance guilds (split per timezone?).

Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  5. Shimmer

Shimmer Active Member

Is anyone else like me? After having played the beta you want to change your vote? :eek:

6. Grayman

Grayman Lord of the Rings Leader

More MMO players choose Humans over other available races. I base this statement on personal observation in a couple of games as well as some articles I've seen online. One of the three factions in ESO, the Aldmeri Dominion, doesn't have humans at all. That, I would think, would tilt the scale towards either of the other two factions, but so far in the poll AD is running neck and neck with Daggerfall.

As to the Imperials, Humans that can join any faction (I suppose they're considered traitors to the Empire?) they are described on IGN like this: These characters can be a member of any faction, and their abilities are currently unknown (emphasis mine.) That's not exactly how I'd try to sell someone on playing that class.

I'll probably buy the Imperial edition for myself and my wife so we can keep our race options open.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  7. Snowbull

Snowbull Retired Moderator

Um, possibly.

But as stated prior to now, it will be down to the DC and such to assess the feel of the players and decide where we go then..

8. Sister Julie

Sister Julie Well-Known Member

O.K. this one has me confused and to tell the truth I don't even remember what or if I chose. Does it matter to the guild structure? This won't be like "horde vs. alliance" will it? What I mean if my nord dragonwarrior (or whatever they are calling nord warriors) is one alliance will she still be able to play with all the others?

9. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

Simply put, you will not be able to team up with members of another alliance.

10. Sister Julie

Sister Julie Well-Known Member

So far Ebonheart seems the least popular, yet they have my favorite nords and gotta love the argonians. Why do the others seem so popular?

11. Cromulent

Cromulent Active Member

I think the main reason why Ebonheart are less popular here is because they're the most popular everywhere else (because Skyrim and Morrowind focussed on those races). So Ebonheart will likely end up being the overpopulated faction by a large margin.

12. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

You may group with members of your own alliance. Only.

13. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

But if you preorder, you can be whatever race in whatever alliance.

14. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

That is as I understand. Once you chose "whatever alliance" from the Pre-order "bonus", that IS your alliance and may group with members of that alliance - only.

For example: If TOG claims the guild under the AD banner, TOG members may find it an advantage to select the AD alliance when creating their character using the "any race, any alliance" pre-order bonus. By choosing the AD alliance, we will have a good quantity of TOG friends to group with.

We have what? 5 characters we may create? This will be an interesting and delicate balancing act to maximize our influence PvE, PvP, marketing, etc. IF we spread ourselves too thin by trying to e all for everyone, we will remain a small fish in a big pond.

I believe TOG must choose a specific alliance to make the lead for PvP strength to protect our Keep(s) and in doing such protects our economic base - AND provides enough members so we may join together to level effectively.

Again, being all for everyone significantly limits what TOG may offer to our members. The other characters, we may choose to do with as we like though the old addage, "strength in numbers" will e a key to our long term success.

15. C4

C4 Retired Captain

I tend to agree, select one alliance for the guild and everyone roll their main characters allied to it. That way we maximise the opportunities for PvP and PvE group content within the guild.

In future they may offer a paid alliance change, but at the moment it seems you choice on character creation is final as per information that has been released.

16. Jester Chaos

Jester Chaos Guest

Btw theres no Bloody R in covenant

17. Jester Chaos

Jester Chaos Guest

And this is why im remaining independent to tog when ESO goes live because I don't want my main toon to be tied to an alliance that I don't want to be a part of straight away

18. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

I'll choose any one that Sytes is in not in :p

19. Cromulent

Cromulent Active Member

I just don't see this working out. People are too evenly split. Whichever faction "wins" the vote will still be a minority.

If everyone had access to the pre-order bonus, it might work - at least then you're not forced to roll a race you don't like. But a lot of people won't have the pre-order bonus. In the long run, those who don't may outnumber those who do. Not having a human, or elf, race option would be a dealbreaker for many.

Even among those of us voting now (most of whom will pre-order), I've seen a few replies along the lines of "I'm going to play faction X", rather than "I'd prefer faction X". We can't expect these people to abandon their faction of choice.

20. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

:biglol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.