Alliance preference

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Rickety, Feb 2, 2014.

?

What Alliance do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2014.
  1. Daggerfall Covernant

64 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. Ebonheart Pact

40 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Aldmeri Dominion

67 vote(s)
    39.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarataqa

tarataqa Just Joined

Exactly what I thought after playing the Beta.

2. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

I plan to make characters for each alliance. My main character focus is dedicated to the guild. This guild must be large enough to maintain members of mutual levels able to group. One common MMO guild concern / complaint is a lack of guildmates to group. This is especially important in a triangle set of opposing forces.

WHY?

PvE is the leader for leveling to enjoy new content. Leveling opens up the new content in PvE and PvP. PvP is the leader / necessary to maintain security of a keep for various reasons as well as having our store front. Marketing for crafters may only be sold to members of the same alliance.

There is no PvP w/o PvE. There is no guild store or guild keep w/o PvP.

There is no selfish arrogance of a "we play PvE" or "we play PvP" or "we play crafting / marketing". All these work hand in hand...

A single alliance solid base enables our mains the group camaraderie to PvE which promotes leveling up. This in turn builds player levels to establish our guild store and secure our keep.

1/3rd in one, 1/3 in another oh and 1/3rd in the last defeats everyone. PvE, PvP, guild presence, keep and guild store capability.

One guild alliance is essential. I could really care less what alliance. I'll set aside my personal land / lore preference to assure my part in waving the TOG flag in ESO. My main character will go where the guild goes - contingent to our leadership's direction.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  3. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. As many togs on the same alliance as possible. Even with a low guild cap. We can set up guilds via time zones. (however that's a decision for the Division Captain.) That's the beauty of any race any faction if I want to play an Altmer Elf I can regardless of what alliance Tog choses.

4. Grimmvolvo

Grimmvolvo Getting Started

I am also an altoholic, so my main will be with TOG(which ever way we go) and my other 56 characters I'll tinker with on my own time.

5. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Seconded (or thirded.. whatever)

6. Erebos

Erebos Active Member

Guilds are bound to accounts in ESO right? So it should not really matter how many alt you have, as long as they are all on the same account they will all be in TOG. The only question is weather there will be more TOG members (accounts) then the guild limit allow.

While it has clearly been stated that you need a storefront in cyrodiil to sell goods from the guild store to non guild members, and as such it can only sell to non guild members of the same faction as the storefront is in. I have not seen any statements that members of a different faction but the same guild would not be able to sell their goods in the store.
    So TOG could support PvE\crafting for any faction, but have its PvP focus in just one faction. Well as long as we do not run out of space in the guild.

7. GenesisInc

GenesisInc Elder Scrolls Online Officer

As a theory - not sure if it would work, but you could have a mule in the primary faction that you could use to post all your stuff up.

I assume that your characters share the same bank space (don't know), most games seem to have some kind of shared bank these days don't they

8. Nadir

Nadir Active Member

Maybe worth considering running a poll seperately for each server EU And US. Also could be worth doing this after the next beta weekend if there is one. Gives people the opportunity to see there preference. Just a thought my 2c worth.

9. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

This is probably a must if there will be separate servers.

10. D3lthar

D3lthar Retired Captain

My preference is Ebonheart however I will be playing all factions.

11. Vortigen

Vortigen Well-Known Member

Aye, I agree.
    From what I've seen so far there is a healthy EU interest to possibly warrent a TOG guild on that megaserver.
    But only time will tell :)

12. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

Yes, it's shared. Source here. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2860/kw/bank

13. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

I think both of those points are a good idea.

14. jeffm

jeffm Getting Started

I'm sure I don't understand enough about how ESO guilds work, but I've seen some comments here and there around the web about setting up a crafting/sales guild.

And, I don't think I've seen that discussed here yet. I scanned thread quickly, if I missed it, sorry.

How do you all see crafting and sales to TOGgers and the effect that might have on mains/alts and the guilds(s) they join?

All characters on one account share a bank, which will also support or effect the larger guild decisions to some degree.

I know that's something the DC will get on, but some discussion might help.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  15. Bladeheart

Bladeheart Active Member

Jeffm,

I may be able to help with some of your questions.

In the last beta test some friends and I formed 3 player guilds, one for each alliance. When one joins a player guild it is account wide, so all of your characters will be members of that guild regardless of race or alliance; gaining access to that guild's bank or store, etc.

When there are sufficient members (players not characters) in a guild it can create its own guild bank (10 members). When the guild grows some more it can create it's own guild store that allows its members to trade/ sell items; sorry forgot the numbers of members for that one.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  16. C4

C4 Retired Captain

Guilds members will be able to sell items to each other in the game. Trading outside the guild can be accomplished by claiming a keep in PvP zone which would either enable a npc or shop to be used for trading. This of course will be lost once the keep is captured by the enemy.

Considering the above scenario, a crafting guild may be useful for facilitating trading and cooperation between guild members.

For selling outside the guild you would need to have access to not only a claimed keep but also one that is defended.

I really like the above implementation as it has a number of benefits.

It provides Income for our crafters and notierity for TOG in our alliance. A great recruiting tool for new members into TOG and also provides a good reason for more members to participate in PvP to defend our claimed keep.

17. Var

Var Getting Started

DC ftw

18. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

I know when this poll went up I initially voted for Ebonheart, because I just love Dark Elfs. But knowing now that we can now play any race in any Alliance, that becomes less of an issue.

The question then becomes which Alliance has the best advantage? Well, if you watch this video from Angry Joe, in the beginning (1:12) he talks about the advantages, and that Dominion, in his opinion, has the best starting area. This is certainly something to consider. Not only that; but its a good video overall where he talks about AvA PVP.

19. Erebos

Erebos Active Member

Once the NDA drops we can discuss the virtues of the various starting zones more openly. I can not find a lot of public info on them, and what I know from the tests... well can not talk about it.

20. SiNBaD

SiNBaD Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.