Alliance

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by zyric, Jan 30, 2014.

1. zyric

zyric Active Member

Actually from what I understand, PVE will be affected because, at least at lower levels, your are restricted to your Alliances area, so if we want to be able to help each other we need to be in one Alliance. Grant it isn't exactly the same issue you were talking about, but PVE does have it's own set of issues, unless you are a solo player and don't get any gear or resources from guild mates.

2. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

Does anyone know if you can jump ship from the EU to US megaserver or vice versa without penalty/cost? Or will they lock you in once you've created a character on one?

3. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

You wont be locked in, but no knowledge on character transfers.

4. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

From what I understand:

• You can join up to 5 guilds
    • Guilds can be cross-faction
    • There is no global marketplace, but there will be guild-only markets
    • A guild can set up a store to sell items directly to non-guild members. Stores are located in contested cities inside pvp territory
    • You can only group up for PvE with members of your faction
    • PvP is against other factions only

My wife and I ordered the game already. Maybe closer to launch somebody could start a poll on a preferred faction for TOG?

Sytes likes this.
  5. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

I think a poll would be a good idea when we get into the open beta period, maybe.

On the subject of the question I was asking earlier about switching characters between EU/US megaservers, there's a new answer on the latest Ask Me Anything.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/01/31/ask-us-anything-variety-pack-12

6. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

Yeah we need a poll for preferred alliance.

7. Afan

Afan Well-Known Member

I'm still not a 100% sure what "bound to original server" means with regards to impact on the game. Can the guild be across servers? The reason I as is that TOG normally end up on US rather than EU servers as the main, and my intention was to just pick up a version of the game in the UK. Worried this may still be an issue.

8. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

It's our choice whether we play on the US or EU megaservers, regardless of where we live. But if we started a character on the EU server then changed our mind and wanted to play on the US server instead, we would have to create a new character there as we couldn't migrate the original one. That's how I understand it. I've no idea how guilds work in this game, although I have my doubts that one guild could span both megaservers. It seems far more likely that two would need to be created if the demand was there for a presence on both servers. I was trying to search for info about guilds, but it being an Elder Scrolls game, it's hard to avoid irrelevant references to the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild etc.

9. C4

C4 Retired Captain

In my opinion a separate EU and US/Oceania guild would be ideal if the member base could support it long term. Ideally would have loved a local server for us here in Australia, not holding my breath n that one ;)

10. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Agree.

Great assessment! Gotta love the simplicity transformation from the haystack of information. +1 to rep!

11. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

After watching the video of voice actors I am leaning more toward the Daggerfall covenant. The performance of Bill Nighy seems absolutely spectacular.

12. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain