Alpha Protocol - Y/N? 360/PC?

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by BlockheadBrown, Jan 8, 2011.

1. BlockheadBrown

BlockheadBrown Just Joined

I was wondering what the consensus from TOG'ers was on Alpha Protocol. I played a 30 minute demo via OnLive and liked it. It seemed similar enough to Mass Effect from an RPG aspect. Thoughts?

2. FRIENDLYUNIT

FRIENDLYUNIT Well-Known Member

Dont do it!

I won a copy for free and didn’t play if for too long.

Firstly it’s as buggy as all hell. Secondly it gets a bit tedious and same after a while. Thirdly it doesn’t know if it wants to be a serious spy RPG or a camp cartoony BF Heroes style game, and IMHO fails by sitting on the fence. Lastly the protagonist is annoying.

But did I mention the huge bugs? Like it corrupting your save game?

I’ll post you my PC copy if you want.

3. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

I played it on XBOX and it was ... I'm sorry ... give me a minute ... /sob ....

I still have nightmares .... Just don't do it ... for the love of God man ... DON'T DO IT!

4. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I loved the game and played it through twice choosing different ways to play it. Sure it has bugs in it and i can see from the other posters they didnt get on with it but i guess im one of the rare people who loved this game :)

5. GiantDave7

GiantDave7 Getting Started

Been having a crack at it on xbox after picking it up on the cheap. Its an ok game with some good features but it really isnt grabbing me and holding my intrest. I'll get around to finishing it when I have the time but I'm not feeling compelled to complete it and see what happens next.

6. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

I loved the game itself and intended doing a few playthroughs (Normal, Rookie, Veteran) but the DRM scheme used meant I was entering my cdkey every day (uncommon problem but I saw it reported on the Obsidian forums by a few users). However now that they have patched out the DRM I have other things to play; I'll get back to it one day ... maybe ...

7. wHiTeRaSTa

wHiTeRaSTa Well-Known Member

I thought it was a pretty cool game/story. Dont remember any problems on my play through.

8. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

I really enjoyed it, the balance is all over the place and I did encounter some ridiculous bugs but overall I really enjoyed the story and how your choices affected the outcome. Definitely worth a few playthroughs I reckon.

9. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Its a shame they wont be making another one. I loved the james bond feel to the game and the characters were involving and interesting. It got such a bad reception because of the bugs (non that i really encountered or spoilt the fun of the game). I dont play many games through twice but i did this one and it was a shame when it ended. I liked the fact mina was your constant help through out. It reminded me of splinter cell conviction a little from that view point.