Am I the oldest?

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Head_Case, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Head_Case

Head_Case Getting Started

Hi, all, I saw the pitch for your website in PC Gamers and decided to visit this morning. I'm 63, father of 4 and grandfather of 4 and living in Columbia, MD. By day, I am a physicist (I do math all day) and a gamer in the evening. For the first few weeks of my current job, it took me 2 hours to commute to work and another 2 hours to get home. So I asked my boss if I could telecommute, and my boss said sure. So I lost my office at work, but they bought me a computer for home and a business Comcast cable connection which is 3 times faster than residential. Online gaming heaven!!! All of my 3 sons and my son-in-law (all over 30) play PC games. One is even an Everquest crackhead. He'll never get married cause he plays for hours every night. He tried to quit but didn't know what to do with himself so he went back. I play AA and Call of Duty online. I am mostly a shooter fan and only play for at most 2 hours a night while my wife watches reality shows. I'm so old that I'm in bed by 9 and up at 4:45am (I'm a morning person). Started playing with Doom and System Shock. Also loved the original Civilization and became totally addicted for several years. Never played a console game and never intend to. Do you guys play Rise of Nations? Anyone ever play Chaser online? Loved it.

2. wedgey

wedgey Getting Started

Hiya Head_Case, there's a good chance you would be a front runner for pole position mate :lol: . To make it a bit quicker, read the FAQ's and AUP and make a post in this thread to say you have and agree/understand 'em, then an official type person can grant you membership.
    wedgey
    edit: Oh and welcome to TOG mate, might see you on the CoD battelfield soon 8)

3. Master Chief

Master Chief Well-Known Member

Hellooooooo head_case
    U will have fun

4. Belta

Belta Active Member

I believe there is a member who is 70+ :lol:

Welcome to the TOG Community :wink:

5. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Welcome

Welcome mate :D

There you go Granpa someone of your vintage :p and what a good one it was :D

6. Head_Case

Head_Case Getting Started

understand

I have read teh FAQ's and the AUP and agree to all terms. I also agree to have fun!!!

7. Jonty

Jonty Well-Known Member

Hey Head_Case,

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay at TOG :D .

I'm with you as far as the time of day is concerned, I like to be in bed by about 9.30 and get up around 5.00. That has started to go out the window a bit by playing here, it is so addictive, still have to get up at the same time, just tired 8O .

Hope to see you in COD, great bunch of guys here and over there, it is the best when we all get together for a scrim, great hearing all the different accents you guys have when we are on teamspeak.

See you in game soon, cheers mate...

8. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

G'day mate! Welcome to TOG!

With your good self, Granpa, Bunyip and HellDad (;)), looks like the parking lot at the TOG home is going to need a few more "Senior TOG" spaces :lol:

Have just made you a member, so you should now have access to the private forums. Jello is our CoD Division Captain, and will be the one to get in touch with to get gaming with the rest of TOG. Have a read of the stickied threads in that forum to see how they do things, where the TOG servers are, etc.

While there aren't any formally organised RTS games going on here at TOG for now, there are a few TOGs with Rise of Nations who might be up for a game or two. They're also organising a game of Civilisation too.

Catch you around mate!

9. Derelict

Derelict Retired Administrator

Don't forget Lonacca... he's also an oldie. :)

Welcome!

10. Drebin

Drebin Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG 8)

11. CornBREAD

CornBREAD Retired Captain

Howdy and Welcome to TOG!! COD Spitfire squad can always use another good soldier. :D

12. StockMan

StockMan Retired Advisor

Welcome to the Wide World of TOG :twisted:

13. HellDad

HellDad Well-Known Member

G'Day Head_Case, welcome. No you're not too old. I used to be the oldest TOG Battlefield player at 55, but there's a couple of older players now. Last time we checked, the average age here was about 36, but that is probably out of date by now.

14. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

Hey bro welcome! I'm always so impresed to see older gents and ladies using computers and playing games. Me mum is 65 and uses one all day at work, but only knows how ot turn it on and open outlook and word LOL. Though recently she's discovered Google, and throws it around like some secret catch phrase LOL.

COD's a great group...and if you get tired of the twitch games you might try one of the MMO's...really fun, great community (usually)...and there are a bunch in the works right now. Matrix online, D&D, EQ2, World of Warcraft, all in Beta or development. We play L2 and SWG here (with a few holdouts from some of the the older MMO's too).

Tell your sons about us! They are welcome as well...I wonder if we already have some multiple generations in TOG...:)

15. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

Hello :D

TOG|CLAW is 69 8)

16. N3uRoTiC

N3uRoTiC Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG, Drop a post in the America's Army forum, We seem to play alot on US servers, so we might catch you online somtime, The easiest way to find us AA players is to download Xfire you'll find a list of some of the AA players names in the AA forums :) Feel free to add us to your list :)

17. OBI

OBI Active Member

Welcome to TOG M8 :D

18. SoulReaper

SoulReaper Getting Started

Welcome Head_Case. You will love gaming with this group. They're a great bunch.

19. CannonFodda

CannonFodda Retired Administrator

hi mate, welcome to TOG

20. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Nearly missed this one Hi I can beat 65 but not 70 :)