Another hidden introduction

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Alucard2008, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Alucard2008

Alucard2008 Just Joined

On the Exp Treadmill and still going....

I played eq since the Kunark launch and my main character befroe finishing was a 65 Paladin human with 288 AA. But I was getting tierd of the game as i was never a big fan of raiding and after pop came out it was all about getting keys n jazz.
    SOooo when i saw Star wars Galixies coming out i was drooling, this is my chance to do something new, something fun, and it was Star wars after all... Unfourtunetly in my opionion they released SWG Way to early and I ended up playing a game that had so many bugs i couldent count.... and there was no real quests or story. Just serch and destroy missions. In 4 months i had mastered Musician, Terris kasi artist, rifleman, dabbled in pet handaler, etc... there just was like nothing to do except fight the IMps...and ahhh how one sided was that At-st for imps... Rebels get...*cough nothing to compare...I quit the game in frustration to play.....
    FFXI online....ONly After becoming a 50 mnk,41 blk,35 nin,30 pld, 25 war, 25 whm, 25 drk, 15 rng, 15 bst I found i realy enjoyed the game... but couldet take the japanes players attitudes torwards north american players.... Realy when i joined the game I thought wow this is gonna be cool i can use the in game translator and talk with people in japan n stuff... What do i get from japan players for 3 months straght after hiting 50 mnk... Rudeness, silence, no replies, Soorry we dont group with american players....And since jsut about every north american player on my serverr was level 30-45 ish that left me with no one to group with....So I quit (I still cringe when i read reviws of FFXI and what a great game it is if only people knew the truth)
    Disgusted i picked up city of heros on a whim, and this is actualy a realy fun game. Its nice to login and be able to play and not sit looking for group DAYS on end like in FFXI.
    But with every clip of everquest 2 i find myself missing the slaying of dragons n gods, i plan to play that next and city of heros will have to tide me over.

Alucard

2. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Wow Alucard, that took a bit of effort to read, need a bit of work of spelling and punctuation there mate ;)

If you'd like to join TOG mate, you'll need to be over 25 and confirm that you have read and understood the TOG FAQ and AUP (The first post in the "Barracks" forum).

Once done, you will have access to the private forums and can chat about the games you play with other members!

3. Alucard2008

Alucard2008 Just Joined

Yeah i was sorta in a rush, dident have time to spell check. When i write, i just put down what i want to say then fix it later. (Guilty as charged i am aslo an aful speller)

Hehe how do i prove im over 25 ? Mayby if i tell you i rember when Disc Tron and tron where in the arcade :lol: The thrill of playing Double dragon for the first time on a turnpike highway, in New York, on a family vacation :D I rember when Teenage mutant ninja turtles where cool (The first time). I rember Go-Bots the match box vershion of transformers. Anyway I just hit 28 this past june , I was born in 1976.

Alucard

4. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Moved out where everone can see it mate :)

Just need to you confirm that you have read and understood the TOG FAQ and AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) and we can make you a member! :)

5. Jonty

Jonty Active Member

Hey Alucard2008,

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay at TOG :D .

Just need that post ref AUP and FAQ and all will be sweet with membership and all the trimmings 8O .

Cheers...

6. Chesty

Chesty Well-Known Member

After all that officialdom I would like to extend a warm and casual Gday and Welcome mate. Hope you have fun whilst here.

7. Quant

Quant Active Member

Welcome aboard. :)

Thankfully agreeing to the AUP and FAQ is the only small bit of bureaucracy you need to overcome before you get the chance to meet with a great bunch of gamers to play on any number of different, MMORPG, FPS, Strategy, RPG you can imagine.

8. GiTFiDDle

GiTFiDDle Active Member

Hell you cant spell...I cant read...makes sense to me...Welcome Aboard :lol: :wink:

9. max63

max63 Retired Advisor

greetings and welcome to TOG :D joining is the toughest thing you'll do here at TOG :wink:

10. Aussie_Digger

Aussie_Digger Well-Known Member

Alucard2008

Welcome to TOG mate...... :)

Cheers,

11. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Welcome

Welcome to TOG :D

12. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Hiya mate!

13. wedgey

wedgey Getting Started

Hiya mate and welcome to TOG :)

14. touchwood

touchwood Well-Known Member

8) G`day Alucard, welcome to TOG mate........... :D

15. Belta

Belta Active Member

Welcome to TOG :wink:

16. ozbrat

ozbrat Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard

17. Caner

Caner Active Member

see you haven't agreed with The stuff needed yet but I'm sure you'll do it soon. Welcome to TOG and have fun.

18. OBI

OBI Active Member

Gday Alucard2008, welcome to TOG m8 :D Double Dragon was a great game. I used to play it on my old nintendo 8 bit and it used to say Bimmy and Jimmy instead of Billy and Jimmy at the intro.

19. Alucard2008

Alucard2008 Just Joined

Is it offical ?

Ok i read the AUP and FAQ , hehe sorry I dident realize I needed to, I just saw your website in in PC Gamer then registered 8O

I totaly agree and understand everthing in the AUP and FAQ

Did i post this in the right place or was i supposd to do it in another thread ?

I saw you guys had many FAQ for diffrent games, but none for everquest ? It surprised me, then again not everyone is an EQ fan :wink:

I rember the first system i played on Before atari 2600 was...Odessy lol Anyone rember that system...

I have been playing games since i was old enough to pick up a controler. I usualy like RPG, MMPOG, Action RPG (Zelda anyone), Shooters the best. Sometimes i'll play some madden football or hockey with friends but not often.

I am married to my wife Gail for 2 years now, we where together for 5 years before that. She dosent like games but tolerates it :p

I was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma but moved to Boston,Massachussetts when i was 2 years old. My wife and i recently moved (3 weeks ago) to Austin, Texas.

I am looking forawrd to meeting and playing with people from TOG

Alucard

20. CornBREAD

CornBREAD Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG!!! I'm orginally from Oklahoma too, Sapulpa to be exact. Enjoy your stay here at TOG. :D