Anthem Early Access Launch Thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Cerebrix, Feb 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cerebrix

Cerebrix Active Member

Just figured someone should make one. I didn't see one, so I guess I'm first.

Invite me if you want to party and are in NA.

PaintedsoulFTW on Origin

2. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Official EA Anthem Forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Anthem/ct-p/anthem-en (Anthem | Forum | EA Answers HQ | EN)

I really feel sorry for the Early Access players out there. Soooo many are reporting that the game has Stopped Their Progression in the games with various Missions bugging out. If you disconnect mid-mission, you're scr*d for the rest of the mission progression, including ANY mission after the bugged one.

The Arrogance of the Devs/EA shows in Early Access. They continue to blame "this is an old known buggy version...the Full Release will be much better!" the same as "The VIP Demo is an old known buggy version..." When EA throws a talking-head up that says "We learned a lot during the (insert version here) deployment and the following one won't have the same issues" but does have the Exact Same Issues + MORE... This is due to the type of Dev/Publisher who believes, to the core of their heart, that THEIR Coding Is Perfect and Someone Else Down The Development Chain Has Scr*d Everything Up!" mentality. I've encountered these types before during my 75+ games I've tested....about 60% of the time. >.<

I suggested, for the PC users, to try Update and Repair functions in the Origin Launcher but they report that it only is working 30% of the time.

This is why I try to stay away from "first released" games. Especially with the responses I saw from the Devs on Anthem.

Alpha Build: Connection issues, missions not completing, hardware not syncing up, etc.
    VIP Demo: Same as above + sound cutting out (requires a game restart) and people with Sony Atmos Monitors having huge issues.
    Open Demo: Same as above + more connection issues.
    Early Access: Same as above + missions borked-can't continue playing, game not installing, increased crashes, etc.

This comes with games where the Devs/Pubs do not want any Testing Phases except in-house and expect their Analytical Data Collection programs to solve 90% of their bugs, with the remaing 5% solved by in-house employees and the remaining 5% to be in the released version...to be solved by the players over time. So players complain, don't buy the game, find another game to play...and the Devs/Pubs blame a "downturn in the economy" to justify the outcome.

I'll be buying it 2 months after release...which is Feb 22. Yes, I may miss the "First Chapter" events but I'll be able to *hopefully* play a smooth running game. Plus it will probably be $10 cheaper/on-sale! -)

TQQdles™

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  3. omenchild

omenchild Getting Started

I'm playing right now and am experiencing much less in the way of issues than in the demo.

A lot of the problems from the demo have been improved or resolved, aside from an annoying "no sound bug, which has come up twice across a weekend of gaming. Not too bad by todays' release standards.

4. nietzsche

nietzsche Battlefield Leader

Yeah, this game has some serious issues. It feels like it's not a finished game imo. The menu system sucks, the questing system is often confusing and sparse, even the map system is bare bones (why can't I set markers?), walking around the city is tiresome. It feels like it needed another 6-12 months of development.

Also -- the crashes. A few times the game has just completely stopped working. Other times, I have had an endless loading screen. Sometimes the quest objectives haven't registered so I have had to do a quest twice (plenty of these bugs apparently).

On top of that, so many questionable design decisions. I can't manage my inventory without going up to a terminal? I have to go through multiple loading screens after completing a mission? When I get loot, I get crystals (takes the excitement out of beating a boss)?

I also feel that skill trees would have been much better than the a 5-6 slot mod system. It's very basic.

Maybe games like Witcher 3 and Assassins Creed Odyssey spoiled me. Fully featured games with lots of content. I'm already grinding in Anthem after doing less than 10 quests. Anyway, looking forward to a few patches. The only upside is the combat system.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  5. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

Haha, thought I'd come and check here after seeing someone I used to follow on G+ spouting about it on Mastodon "oh they've fixed flying etc etc, come join me!". They're a twitch/discord/whaetever "partner" so I take what they say with a grain of salt; I followed them to one game back on G+ and once they'd done their job and built hype for 2 weeks they moved on to the next new shiny thing. I guess TOG in my case stands for The Old Grump; so-called "influencers" just piss me off and make me want to avoid stuff.

Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on how this goes in TOG so once I have a new desktop machine I know if it's something to look at or not.

Dolnor likes this.
  6. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Everyone who is playing the game now...basically paid to help beta test the game. Between Alpha, VIP Demo, and Open Demo...not much has changed via game stablility. I'm talking overall stability. Yes, Open Demo ran better on my machine for loading times...but crashed more often + losing sound. People are experiencing all that + missions not working, system bugged so bad that they basically CANNOT play at all. Others paid for access but can't get the game beyond 95% installed, etc. All this stuff was promised to be fixed...yet it wasn't. EA/Bioware are now saying that this version is a known buggy build but the next one will have all the bugs fixed. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAID...between Alpha & VIP Demo, between VIP Demo and Open Demo, between Open Demo and this release.

Since 2015, this is the "new release model"...do not even try to fix things until After Release and You're An Idiot If You Use Old Test Phases to Squash Bugs...Let the First Adopters PAY YOU To Test Your Game. >.<

TQQdles™

Snott likes this.
  7. nietzsche

nietzsche Battlefield Leader

It doesn't help that I just finished playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which was released stable, has a great UI, looks stunning, and has a massive amount of content. That game makes Anthem look like amateur hour.

I feel that EA pressured Bioware into releasing this game prematurely, just like they pressure DICE into releasing Battlefield games a year before they are truly ready. They are trotting out the same "live service" bullshit with this game. Just release a fully ready game for a change...

At least we still have companies like CD Projekt and Ubisoft around.

Snott likes this.
  8. pneil

pneil Getting Started

I was playing this weekend and didn't see much in the way of issues other than the occasional disconnect. It reminds me a lot of firefall (in a good way).

CAMMO and Snott like this.
  9. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

I'm currently on-and-off testing another game, New World, which looks great, plays well, but is currently lacking in "vision". What the Devs wanted looked great on paper and in meetings but isn't working out so wall in game. Fortunately, Amazon isn't pushing for the game to be released/tied to a certain future date...as EA likes to do with their games.

Hopefully Anthem's issues will be mostly fixed before I buy the game. Hopefully I've seen the worse in the Demos.

TQQdles™

CAMMO likes this.