Any nice shooter game?

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by jayMPH, May 25, 2008.

1. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

anyone can recommend me a nice shooter game that is new?

2. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

Sibron likes this.
  3. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

Really? well, thanks man! I check this out! any news games guys?

4. Looser101

Looser101 Just Joined

urban terror

You can try this one its free on line with some pretty good graphics. Just download from Urban Terror and play.

5. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

okay.. maybe I'll try it later.:)

6. Sibron

Sibron Retired Captain

fear combat is another free multi player, you just have to register and download(and install :) )
    depending on how new your rig is, try cod2 or cod 4.

fear, is a fast paced spam fest(usualy)
    cod2 is a little more tactical, unless you are on TOG AU2 when the extreme mod is running, then it is very much like cod4.
    cod4 can be a spam fest or very tactical, depending on who's on the server, what map you are playing and what weapons you chose.
    I havn't played QW, or cod-uo, so can't comment.
    MoH Airborne Assault is an awsome single player, check it out.
    cod4 is also very good for single play, but doesn't last very long by comparison to MoH-AA

7. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

Ok mate I'll try to test those games. Thanks for the help guys.:)

8. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

For Graphics and Sound in no particular order

FFOW

COD 4

and the best for last

Crysis

BF2 is still the best squad based game IMO.

Defends what your looking for really if its shelf life BF2, FFOW and COD 4 due to online ranking etc.

If its single player Crysis.

9. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Mate, a little more info on what it is that you like, or want will go a long way to helping us help you. "Shooter" covers a whole lot of ground, and there's really not going to be a proper answer for you. However, give us some extra info, such as your system limitations, weather you want internet gaming, good story, futuristic, realistic? There are all sorts of different styles to suit all sorts of different tastes.

For me, I'm not a fan of any of the games mentioned, as they seem to be too fast and "fake" for me. I prefer realism type games. But these are generally VERY hard, and very tedious, with long breaks of little action. It doesn't suit everybody. Unreal Tournament 3 is about as opposite as you could get, and appeals to many because it's fast and completely furious.

Then we can get into mods! :) Mods are "modifications" of existing games, and are almost always free, so long as you have the original game they're based off. A game like Battlefield 1942 was a WWII shooter, and the mod Desert Combat brought it to present day, set in Iraq during the first Gulf War. It changed the game so widely it's regarded as it's own title - but still needs BF:1942 to run.

So there are SO many "flavours" out there that it's really hard to suggest a "nice shooter". Give us your basic system specs, your budget, your preferences and likes, and maybe we'll be able to give you something better to aim for.

Schultz likes this.
  10. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

oh ok then mate.. I really like shooter games that is base on World War or Military or should I say realistic. I want some story in the game. I don't like aliens as my enemies.. It doesn't matter if its online or single player I can manage that.. AI or Human it's fine with me. As for the Specs I'm a little bit out-dated and I don't know what are the specs of my PC maybe games that are like Half-life or CS. Those games run to my PC smoothly.

11. welshman

welshman Well-Known Member

Rainbow six Vegas and the newer and more improved Rainbow six Vegas 2 are both very good and Tactical FPS, Also there is an online Co-Op mode (you and a mate can take on the Computer AI over LAN or The Net) and straight forward team based Online Maps...Set on Realistic Mode it is extremely Challenging (Get hit once in the right place and that's yer lot and the Blur effect when you do get hit is very disorientating) also you have to keep yer eye on the your Computer controlled Assault team by providing covering fire for them.
    Features also include Grappling (climb down a rope and crash thought windows for the element of surprise) and and Run to cover (stand next to a wall press the cover button and you' got to a top half 3rd person view where you can either take careful aim or Spray and Pray
    You have a choice of going in Loud and Heavy or attach a silencer to take out the bad guys quietly as not to alert the NPCs of your whereabouts.
    set into days world you are equipped with both Thermal and starlight night vision (but be wary so are some of the NPCs in Vegas 2) are well as grenades(lethal and non-lethal) and flashbangs, you can also custum your weapon loadout, appearence and Camo Sets and has alot of ingame unlock challenges and upgrades as well as a set of realistic training missions which you can undertake with a NPC team of 2 men or Lonewolf

12. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

Thanks mate! been playing LV2 for the past few days now.:) Really like this kind of game. Really like games with Cops or Military as my character.:)

13. Monk

Monk Retired Captain

Try Ghost recon Advanced Warrior 2. I've not played no 1 but havent heard much good about it but got GRAW2 with my 8800GT and I like it. Just wish I could find my serial so I can play it online :(

14. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

Yeah I tried GRAW 2 already and it was fun playing it. Tactical Ops great game. I want to go online too what will I do?

15. hadrian6616

hadrian6616 Well-Known Member

A couple of oldies that can be had cheap but are still worth the effort are Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood, a excellent TFPS and Swat4, where the challenge lies in not killing anyone.

16. welshman

welshman Well-Known Member

Agreed SWAT 4 is brilliant and the great feature about it is that it randomises Bad guy/Hostages location everytime you play

17. Porky

Porky Well-Known Member

glad to see someone mentioned my all time fav's , brothers in arms series,,the best for realism, historical setting,etc...cant be beat

18. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah I tried SWAT4 its a nice shooter too been dreaming for one day that I can be part of a SWAT team I think they are so cool. :-D

19. Crackers

Crackers Active Member

If you are chasing a more realistic FPS, then try Americas Army. Its a free download and it is developed by the American Army

Cheers

Crackers

20. jayMPH

jayMPH Getting Started

Really for free? Ok I'll check this one. Thanks! :-D