Any way to make CoD4 any easier?

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Relztrah, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Relztrah

Relztrah Just Joined

I finally got a video card with enough horsepower to run CoD4 for PC on my ancient Dell desktop. (I bent the bracket on a low profile card to make it fit my case!) So now I can play the game but like always happens, the game is too difficult even on the normal setting. I made it as far as the firing range and Gez keeps telling me, "Too slow mate. Try again." Grrrr.

Is there some cheat or hack or something to make the game very easy? I don't want to use "god mode" or whatever it's called where you can't die. I like a little bit of a challenge. But I know that if I can't even make it out of training, I'm going to be completely frustrated when I actually start playing the game.

Or at age 59 am I just too old for gaming and should I perhaps take up bird watching?

2. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

More practice is generally the answer. First Person Shooters are like taking up a new sport. You need to train up your hand-eye coordination and establish a little muscle memory. Once you get that muscle memory though, it transfers to any other FPS game.

3. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Also you may Like a game called IronStorm, can be bought cheaply on www.gog.com it is a FPS that also can be third person view.

4. Markan

Markan Retired Administrator

I am not sure that those intros are very representative either to be honest, especially as they force you to play a particular way rather than do it "your" way. I have struggled with some of them and I would say I am an adequate FPS player. I would jump into the campaign with the settings at the easiest and see how you get on :)

5. 2_islands

2_islands Lead Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I must refer you to:

Pages | TOG - The Older Gamers