Anyone into online gaming?

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by Tachyon, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Tachyon

Tachyon Well-Known Member

2. Tachyon

Tachyon Well-Known Member

Just Roblox, no Lego involved. I play it with younger boys and have always been impressed by the level of flexibility the game allows. My kids can create stuff there you couldn't even approach in any other game. That's what I really like about it. It's more about creating than just playing.

3. nogo

nogo Just Joined

of course!
    Yes i love to play games online as well as on my consoles!
    At the moment I am addicted to erepublic - very cool strategic game...
    My question is - have any of you ever purchased things/items/upgrades on any of the free online gaming sites?

4. highonfire

highonfire Just Joined

I did once buy me some RP in LoL, but that was only cause i won some paysafecard promo and i was really into Lol back then. But generally i do not really invest in a free online game.
    I get bored really quick so it would be a loss of money. No, give me a game which i can buy, own and donĀ“t have to cough up money the whole time to advance faster.

5. nogo

nogo Just Joined

Would you guys be willing to PAY for online games or do you just look for free versions?

6. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

I think that would depend on the game.

Take GW2. Purchase of the game allows you to play it online free. It has an in game action house which can make you money in game to spend within the game. You can also purchase in game money with Real World money. This in turn supports the developers in providing more content in game as well.

This also goes for Console gaming. PLaying say Red Dead Redemption I expanded my online gaming experience by buying the additional content. Some games have expansions. Weapon packs, armor and etc.

If it is a good title and I am enjoying the gaming experience then I would be willing to support it financially.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  7. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

this thread has tangented...

8. nogo

nogo Just Joined

@Ancient_One what about something like World of Tanks ?
    Where a premium Membership for example can give you certain advantages that you would otherwise not get?

9. jonny2combz

jonny2combz Well-Known Member

I don't think Flash media games really count as being called an online game.
    I personally think they are boring and repetitive. However there is always someone looking for a time waster game and I guess these type of games would fill that void.

As far as paying for these games you are competing against IOS and Android based games and at best most of them are questionable. However if you do hit a winner like candy crush you will get rich very quickly.

Good luck.

Regards

10. highonfire

highonfire Just Joined

Paying for flash games is really out of the question for me. There are litterally 1000000`s of free flash games out there who are all similar to eachother. I would never pay for them. I just buy my official gmes and my xlive subscription, live is expensive enough as it is.

11. nogo

nogo Just Joined

and where do you buy them? Specific site/platform?

12. highonfire

highonfire Just Joined

I mostly buy all of my stuff on steam, cause they accept paysafecard and that this the only way i pay for anything online. I am bit paranoid when it comes to finacial stuff on the net.
    apart from that, i would go to a real world store, very old fashioned, i know i know,....

13. nogo

nogo Just Joined

I dont think it is old fashioned at all, in fact I think that many people underestimate the potential "danger" of buying things online. I just heard in the US for example that anyone that bought anything with a CC or DC since thanksgiving at a TARGET is subject to hacking as all their card data was compromised... and thats in a real life store - now you can only imagien what happens online.... scary world we live in!

14. rayphil

rayphil Just Joined

everybody is now in online game even pirated users too :p

15. pSYCHOwOOKIE

pSYCHOwOOKIE Just Joined

Console only these days. Was a PC gamer but the cost of upgrading the desktop for every new game that came out was just to much. So moved to the couch.

16. nogo

nogo Just Joined

@psycho i def see where you are coming from... but those games are expensive as well... where do you buy them? In stores? directly via console?

17. pSYCHOwOOKIE

pSYCHOwOOKIE Just Joined

A mixture of both. With some games I know I will go back and replay them like NBA2k13 so I bought that online. But for games like COD which have a short life( i dont get map packs) I buy them instore so I can trade them back for another game. But I can play the latest (eg. BF4, COD:ghosts) on a console that is 5yrs old. I guarantee that a PC gamer wouldve needed to upgrade they rig a number of times in the past 5yrs just to contiue to play.
    The PC I had could run BF2142 and COD4, well thats what it ran when I last used it anyway.

18. highonfire

highonfire Just Joined

@ pscychowookie : yeah i hear you man. I tend to play more console aswell, atleast you can go for a while. With rig gaming you it feels like you could tune up your rig like every half year and still run behind. I still play but far far less as i used to.

@nogo : like i said, i dont trust the net for payment at all, no bank account no CC, not even paypal, paysafecard or itunes or anything which has an anonymous code and that is it. And after the whole nsa thing, i wont be changing my mind in the nearby future. Perhaps i am paraniod but atleast i wont wake up one day and find out some doucebag is having a good time with my money.

19. nogo

nogo Just Joined

If you dont mind my asking, where do you do this? And what kind of games do you get in return? Or are you talking about rental?
    @highonfire yea I hear ya.

20. Waldrecht

Waldrecht Just Joined

Greetings all. My first post!

I have always been a console gamer, did a short stint in PC, but the issues that go with it like constant upgrading to play the newest title, started putting me off.
    I feel most comfortable with a controller in my hand anyway.
    Despite all the extras a 'console' has today I simply use it for games. Just like I did the Master System II all those years ago.
    That said I do play online at times, but I'm very selective and it's hard to find serious and mature gamers.
    I cherish game time with the ones I find, but after playing with them a few times I am stunned to find 'nobody accepts friend requests' as too many people ask. Surely they can weed out the good from the bad when they get requests?
    So every time I'm online, wether it's Dead Island or Resident Evil or COD it's a genuine battle to find the right crowd.
    I have two gamers in my immediate family. Ones too young and the other decided to get the console I didn't have.
    Guys at work aren't gamers. So you can see why I'm here. Lol
    I'll pop up a list of what I own in case someone wants a game, but is there a section to do that or can I post it here?
    Thanks all!