Anyone still playing (Wildstar)?

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by steellynx, May 15, 2016.

1. steellynx

steellynx Getting Started

Hi all

Was wondering with wildstar going onto steam and being free to play for awhile now. Is anyone still playing or thinking about playing it again. I stopped when my hard drive died around the strain content patch. Been meaning to play it again as I enjoyed the style and challenge of the game.

2. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

not really. when it went f2p there was a massive surge in numbers playing the game. We had a tog division for a while however it didn't last that long.

Great game though heavy ping dependant. If they opened oceanic servers I would be tempted to return.

3. astrospud

astrospud Sandpit Raker for Toy Box Division Captain

Sorry for the ever so mild necro, but apparently Wildstar is coming to Steam. :)

4. VladiumNZL

VladiumNZL Just Joined

I installed the Steam F2P version. Loving it being my first time on it.

5. steellynx

steellynx Getting Started

Ive started playing again, got both factions. but Dom is max level from when I played before. If anyone is around at all, love to add you to my friends list for group play :)

6. Peanuts

Peanuts Just Joined

I still have it installed and would like to play again if we could drum up some interest. Look for Drood ingame.

7. xv_Iri5h_vx

xv_Iri5h_vx Just Joined

I'd be definately keen to take a look at Wildstar again ! it was a great game !!

8. Nemo.

Nemo. Well-Known Member

Some few of us are still there, and others look in occasionally. I have a number of my alts in other guilds or not guilded, but the old TOG guilds are still functional, and I have a few still in it.. There has been no "TOG membership organised activity" for over a year, to my knowledge.

I play only occasionally, though I peek in a lot.

It is still an excellent theme park and the "primal essence" drop has renewed interest in grinds and open-world bosses. Also, you can now get gear from PvE that far exceeds anything you'd need for ordinary, open-world PvE. Only raids require better gear and skill, so if you just want to play the theme park, gear should not be an issue.

Another major change is that Dominion and Exile can now group for most PvE content up to and including raiding. They figured this out far too late, but it's still nice.

They just recently had a "free L50 character" come-on for subbers (over now, alas), and as I write there is a double-XP weekend on. Those are becoming more frequent.

The game is likely in F2P maintenance mode now, but it still offers a lot for those that can entertain themselves.

9. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

I have moved this thread from the Wildstar public forum (which is now archived).

10. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

I've picked up the game after watching this...

[video=youtube_share;8Z3xsc9J4Gk]https://youtu.be/8Z3xsc9J4Gk[/video]

TL;DR... Stay out of the f***ing RED!!!

11. Gliss

Gliss Getting Started

Nice. I bought this at launch and played quite a bit for a while but RL took over. Came back once it hit F2P but stopped for a bit. Might look at getting back into it.

12. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

its an excellent dungeon, though one of the pillars in dungeons and raids is the interrupt and many parties took hours to complete it because of that one mechanic. If this game launched without the game breaking bugs. it would of have more than healthy population. It also released not long after elder scrolls. I always think about the what if factor for this game. Like what if attuning wasn't broken, and what if battleground bugs were fixed in beta.