Anyone who already owns Rift can play now before F2P starts

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Spiggy, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Spiggy

Spiggy Well-Known Member

They decided to let us in early :)

Link here

2. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

Kool i'LL download now.

Do we hve a Oceania/NA guild???

3. Reven

Reven Active Member

Hey Finnwe, I don't know if the old guild is in cotton wool or if it doesn't exist any more but currently I am on the Oceanic Shard - Laethys, there may be one or two others on there but certainly not enough for a guild. Maybe that will change in the coming weeks.

4. Tachyon

Tachyon Well-Known Member

Nice, now to try and remember my account info!

5. Blueink

Blueink Well-Known Member

Great game, definitely a lot of fun so I have downloaded it again and will be back into it just starting from scratch again.

6. JokerZ

JokerZ Active Member

For anyone starting off again, the opening areas have been streamlined and there
    seem to be some nice XP boosts as well. Also with a founder/collectors account you get a lot of XP boost pots. You can use those and get to 50 in almost no time at all.

Getting from 1-50 took me about a week.
    It seems getting from 50-60 will take me about 10 days based on my playtime. (Roughly 4 hours per day)

If you have Storm Legion the new souls will be available to you from the get go.
    If you don't have it yet, install Raptr now. Get 18 hours (or was it 14) of game time under your belt and you'll score a key that lets you install SL for free.

You want this before the game goes F2P on June 12th. Otherwise you will have to buy the extra souls.

Also when starting choose Defiant or Guardian, it does't matter as on non pvp servers, full cross faction is supported. So you are not limited or restricted in grouping at all.

Once you are level 10, jump into some instant adventures. These will level you very quickly as well. With the XP boost pot running you will be level 20 before you know it and be ready to dive into the first of the dungeons.

For those that love crafting, the cash shop will allow you to buy extra profession slots.
    So you in theory on one character could have every tradeskill available to them.

There are also two new skills fishing and survival, you get these automagically. Fishing is very relaxing to play with, but not great if you are in a mad rush to end game. So save it till you have time. Food buffs from Survivalist seem to be very good though, so no doubt you will want to run with this once you have a few levels under your belt.

I've been back in the game for a few weeks and absolutely loving it. it doesn't seem like a chore at all and the levels have gone by really fast through both running dungeons and questing.

7. Spiggy

Spiggy Well-Known Member

Also started a new character a week or so ago on the Oceanic shard. All my other characters from when I was playing before are on Wolfsbane.

I was wondering if they are going to start charging for character transfers after the F2P goes live?

8. @Threshold

@Threshold Active Member

Hey Jokerz,

Thanks.
    I thought that raptr thing was over. I'll have to have another look.
    I bought it Jul 2011 with a steam sale, but don't think I ever played. Does Friend Ascend still give you anything ? If so I have pm'd my email address.

Tried to add the steam key to trion but said invalid (though that was apply a code to lite version).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  9. JokerZ

JokerZ Active Member

I added you to ascend a friend. So you should an email in 3, 2, 1 :)

The raptr thing is easy. You don't even need to be in game.
    Just leave it at the character select screen before you go to sleep.
    Wake up next day. Check at noon. Free code :)

I could use one more person thinking about jumping on board for the ascend a friend deal and who has a raptr code.

10. @Threshold

@Threshold Active Member

Thx, nothing yet. I'll check after lunch.
    or does it just pick up my email address when I finally get in ?

11. @Threshold

@Threshold Active Member

Direct link worked fine Jokerz. Thx

So, how do u ask politely for some gear :)

Any idea if the TOG guild is still up ?

Is it on the old Wolfbane shard, or are we doing new toons on the oceanic ?

Guardians or Defiants ?

How come there is only 1 PVP shard ?

Keen for some bags & starter funds if anyone can help out. Happy to repay.

Guess, a few more will be asking the same questions in the coming week.

Alot of very old info here http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rift/

Says 8 hrs played, 2 until Amateur & 7 for experienced. So maybe 15 hrs for free game.

Also, when entering code from steam into
    https://rift.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow
    it says "We're sorry, but the voucher you entered is invalid"

and where's this xp boost pot ?

12. @Threshold

@Threshold Active Member

Well had a play on the PTS.

Starter gear, mounts, bags, boosts all fairly reasonable prices. Trion giving you back double what you spend at the store on the PTS. http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/362163-200-all.html

Still waiting for response about my old CE purchase (not holding my breath though) but the raptr deal got me the game, expansion & vet rewards, thx Jokerz.

The Instant Adventures are cool, insta raid to level. Lvl 10 in half hour or so.

Now to try & work out what the hell it all means.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  13. JokerZ

JokerZ Active Member

Hey Threshold, yeah I saw my bonus items thanks! :)

Rift is a hell of a lot to take in. But over time it will mostly all fall into place.
    Which server did you roll a new character on?

The old guild was on Wolfbane, but is now defunct.
    A lot of oceanic play on Laethys. I am currently playing on Faeblight.

So my advise would be to find a good/large guild that plays in your timezone and enjoy it. You can use the guild search tool to help you find something as well. Thats pretty much how I found my guild. Large guilds are good because there is always something going on. Although they can be a bit impersonal at times.

14. @Threshold

@Threshold Active Member

Went Oceanic, though did roll a couple of toons on Wolfbane, Deepwood & ofc had to try the PVP shard (no real action while lvlng though). Didn't see any connections to Faeblight :) though guess could head on over there.

Probably just lvl up on Oceanic till TOG decide what they're doin.

Thx

15. Kass

Kass Guardian Captain

I'm in the old ToG guild from Wolfsbane (Guardian side) that was transferred to Laethys server sometime in the period I wasn't playing - moved my toon to Laethys and was automatically put back into the guild and bumped to officer status due to the inactivity of the few people left in the guild.

Only problem is the guild name is now Reprobates - so if you all want to restart a guild on Laethys with a ToG acronym let me know and I will assist in transferring the guild bank over! :)

16. @Threshold

@Threshold Active Member

Heya Kass,

Thx for update. I was just in the middle of pm'ng monk to see what we could do. I thought I saw an option for guild name change on the PTS shop (just need to kick someone off that comp to see how much it was).

I thought the guild was Defiants ? (I'm liking Defiant more anyway)

If the guild had lots of bank slots & other high value items it might be worth doing a name change. Otherwise I see it's just 10G to start up another guild.

What do others think ?

UPDATE: hmmm, 2880 credits for guild name change at store on PTS = $20, which is the same as what it is now in Deeps Depot

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  17. JokerZ

JokerZ Active Member

Some of it may depend on the guild level, as their are perks for the guild as you level up.
    It was a Defiant guild on Wolfsbane originally, however there was also a Guardian guild at the very start. Not sure how that progressed as time went on though.

I reckon the Defiant guild might have just disbanded or someone may still have it on Wolfsbane.

When F2P launches, I will probably roll another character on Laethys as well. :)

18. neglect

neglect Getting Started

hi can sombody say fer shure wot server tog will be playing on -im in ice wotch and blightweald and had no responce from older gamer guilds [got 4 lvl 20 toons over the 2 servers ] ty happy hunting

19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Black Desert Online Captain

Used to be spread out over a few servers. Man that was a long time ago now.

Wolfsbane Defiants was the largest at the time.

20. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

I've been back in on Wolfsbane and can't seem to find the guild at all, but it seems like you can free xfer your characters at the moment (I haven't done it yet but the option to transfer is on the character screen).

Character Transfer | RIFT MMORPG

Actually, it's perma free xfer every 7 days, including xferring guilds... Very nice =)

Guess once a decision is made for server people can xfer their toons there when/if they want. Of course, you risk losing your name in a move but that's generally not a huge drama.

Gotta hand it to Trion, they build some damn nice features in to a game.