[DONE] App to join TOG

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Maddalo, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Maddalo

Maddalo Getting Started

Hi there!

Applying on behalf of myself and my wife. We play a huge range of games, from pretty much every genre imaginable (between us we have, quite literally, thousands (gulp) of games on Steam). MMOs are probably our main obsession; we played EverQuest for many years, and I played WoW in beta and Classic. In recent years however we've found it increasingly hard to find one that holds our interest.

We've both been gaming since we were very young - my first computer was a ZX81, on which I would play 3D Monster Maze for entire weekends. Then onto the C64, Amiga, N64 and finally PC. My wife started with Munchman and Parsec on the Texas Instruments Ti-99. How time flies!

Looking to join the ranks of TOG as we've found it rather difficult to link up with gamers of a similar age, and, quite frankly, it feels a little odd when you realise that the mage you were grouping with had to leave because his mother just dragged him downstairs to eat his chicken dippers. Though we do like chicken dippers ourselves. Who doesn't? We'd like to state that we have nothing against dippers of any kind.

Oh, and we're both certainly, upsettingly over 25.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Rukus308 likes this.
  2. Maddalo

Maddalo Getting Started

Bump (24 hours since post, as per sticky!)

CAMMO likes this.
  3. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

...?

I totally did not see this but I saw the other 2 so I will blame age. Sorry about that and thanks for the bump.

Anywho... I can process this one but that is for you and you alone mate.

Your wife she is most welcome to join as well but must have a unique account else there is going to be all sorts of dramas with many things and we are all way past wanting dramas so please get her to sign up as well Maddalo.

Apart from that, welcome to TOG.

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

CAMMO, Maddalo and Rukus308 like this.
  4. Maddalo

Maddalo Getting Started

Cheers for that! Understood re: the need for a unique acct. Will let her know.

Shrubbo and Rukus308 like this.
  5. Rukus308

Rukus308 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG Maddalo :D dang I got a hankering for Chicken now lol, there's a good bunch of Toggers playing WoW classic at the moment if that still floats your boat, otherwise plenty of old farts spring chickens like myself in TOG who the only person dragging them to dinner might be their wife (don't tell her I said that) hehehe.

Shrubbo and Maddalo like this.
  6. Sysmon

Sysmon World of Warcraft -= SILVER Patreon =- Captain

Welcome onboard, and welcome to your missus too when her account is up and running.

:D S

Shrubbo and Maddalo like this.