[DONE] Application - Star Citizen

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Thorvid, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Thorvid

Thorvid Getting Started

Hi,

I’m applying to join your Star Citizen Organization.

A bit about me…

I am an older player (40+), but perhaps not by The Older Gamer’s standards, and have played a number of online games, mostly EVE Online, and World of Warcraft, and have been an officer of reasonably successful Corps/Guilds. I tend to be a regular/hardcore gamer, but am currently not really playing any games seriously mostly due to health issues.

I do a lot of research and experimentation to find what works best for me and once I’ve found something I like I do tend to stick with it, (until something else comes along!) I am mostly self sufficient in game and gather/craft myself rather than rely on guild resources. I am more than willing to help out with things that need to be done for the Organization, and enjoy working with like minded people to achieve our goals. My health issues sometimes make it difficult for me to do a lot of anything, on these days I mostly do things that need minimal effort and concentration if I’m about.

So that’s a little background on me. What do I want from Star Citizen, and why I’m applying to TOG to play the game?

Primarily I want to play with a group of like-minded people that understand that gaming should be fun and although it can be frustrating and annoying at times, work together to get things done, and don’t start with the insults and put downs when things get a little difficult. As you say, ‘We’re too old for that shit’, and the game of life sucks enough without people making gaming/non RL time a drama too!

I’m no marine or combat pilot, although I understand that some of this will be required. I intend to focus on Support, Information running, Exploration research mining & salvage, Trade & transport, (not necessarily in that order). In fleet/Organization military operations I would ideally provide E-War or SAR. I am looking forward to multiple crew ship and working with Organization members to mine/explore/transport/etc as both a pilot and as a crew member.

I’m always willing to help out where I can and although I will have some personal objectives in game, I will mostly be available, just give me a shout. I have compiled my ultimate list of ships with these objectives in mind, it’s going to take a while, as I don’t have the resources to pledge the ships I want.

I’m highly likely to be playing far far more than is good for my physical and mental health issues, Star Citizen is a game that has seriously rekindled my interest in MMO’s, and space exploration.

I’m currently based in the UK, and will be playing at all times of the day and night, I don't currently have any real pattern to play times, and would endeavour to be available for Organization operation times should they be established.

I look forward to speaking with you soon, and hope you will consider offering me an invite to your organization.

Best Regards

Thorvid

2. Sebina

Sebina Mistress Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to The Older Gamers community for those who are 25+ and have a passion for gaming. Your application has been reviewed and approved.

You may now access all aspects of the TOG Service including:

• TOG member community forums
    • TOG member communications servers
    • TOG member game Divisions

Drop by the Lounge to say hello, join a discussion or simply lurk. Feel free to ask any questions.

Visit the Voice Communications forum for instructions on joining our GameVox and Discord Servers.

Browse through the vast array of gaming Divisions to familiarise yourself with the games and cultures. Each can be very different. In each Division you should find instructions on joining other TOG members in game.

Join our STEAM Group or Facebook page. Spend some time to check out the forum functions such as user profiles and private messages at the top right corner of the forum. Maybe view site leaders under the Quick Links tab.

We hope you enjoy the TOG community. Please spread the message to your friends and family who are also interested in gaming.

All the best!

3. Sebina

Might I suggest you cut and paste the Star Citizen bit into the Star Citizen forum and reuest and invite in game :) Good luck!

4. Thorvid

Thorvid Getting Started

Hi!

Many thanks, i'll get onto it, one question, having looked in the comms forum am i right in thinking you've moved to discord for in-game comms?

5. Sebina

Yes you are correct :)

6. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Captain

Currently we are using the TOG discord server. TOG as a whole is trying to keep all of the voice comms on one platform and server with some exceptions. Right now we have no requirement for voice comm use while playing SC, but from the type of game it is very helpful. Once things progress further with they game voice comms may become a requirement for some things. Once spectrum goes live with in game voice comms we are hoping to switch to using it. Since it sounds like a better choice what with all the different types of comms there will be needed in game at one time. Such as just a channel for the crew of a ship, ship to ship, squadron wide, and fleet wide.