[DONE] Application to join the ranks of the gods*...

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Carby, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Carby

Carby Just Joined

What games.

Mainly looking for casual Mechwarrior Online play.

First machine and/or pen and paper game.
    486dx4. 100Mhz of 486 glory! In 1998 when it was truly outdated. I was a uni student... Before then I played on AppleIIE equivalents, Atari, C64, Nintendo, Megadrive but these all belonged to friends.

Mid 80s to mid 90s pen&paper:
    D&D basic, expert and AD&D2ndEd, Battletech, Shadowrun 1st edition.

Nowadays:
    Shatterzone(oldy but goldy), Mutants&Megaminds among others.

Why do you want to join TOG.
    I am looking for casual play with people who don't expect you to devote your life to it and are mature enough to play at least vaguely as a team.

Playing with others would provide an in-game direction (which faction or planet to play for in CW for example)

If a team play requires I get fragged early then that is the play and that's cool. Just let me get a run every now and again too.

I like finding new and novel ways to do things. I'd be willing to be part of extreme tactical experiments (12xSDR-5D dashing with single LLs!) even if 99% of them fail, all in the name of fun and having those enjoyable moments midgame.

Anything else you'd like to share.
    I love Battletech. I know I am not a world expert at it. I can't afford to be a collector. I just enjoy it. I have original 3025 and 3050 TR. My favourite mech is a classic IS Warhammer though if I could have one in real life I'd blaspheme and want a Warhamer IIC:Smoke Jaguar variant.(And while dreaming hook it and me up with Shadowrun Rigger fitout - I'd happily lose 5 points of essence for it.)

I know mechs are meant to be high profile, slow walking targets with multi-ton computers pointing ridiculously short ranged weaponry but damn whatever deity you hold dear - I love stompy shooty robots!

Geographical location and time often playing
    Australia, 9pm (10am GMT) 3 nights a week or so.

I am not a gaming god. I am merely human. I fully hope TOG is too.

2. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have member access to all aspects of TOG including:

• All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game and communications servers
    Your membership also allows you to participate in various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

No matter which game or games you are playing, the heart and soul of TOG lies here in the Lounge. Feel free to drop by say hello, join the discussions or simply lurk.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 68,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best! :D

3. Carby

Carby Just Joined

Thanks Monty!

I understand it is not customary from looking at other threads and you may not care but:
    Thanks Monty!

4. Opti

Opti War Thunder Captain

Welcome Carby :)