[DONE] Application

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Varzues, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Varzues

Varzues Active Member

Fun stuff:
    I've been a long time fan of what the TOG community stands for. I admire the large community and fellowship that spins from the idea that has created such a large community. *I’m here applying for myself, but my two brothers and I decided TOG was going to be our first option when the youngest of us turned 25 (which recently happened).

Gaming, a description:
    My first adventures into gaming were as a young tyke, watching my old man and older brother hack away at games like Roger Rabbit, Zork, Kings quest, and Micky Mouse on the com64 in the mid to late 80’s and early 90’s (king’s quest 3 was a personal favorite). As time passed, I ended up with the Nintendo systems and played the early mid 90’s away enjoying what the console had to offer. I picked up table top gaming with D&D 2.0 and I’ve played up though 4.0… 3.0 still has my heart in terms of tabletop though. My online experiences started with EQ fall of 99 where I played on Sullen Zek and Terew Mar. After the pvp servers merged all on the FFA server I spent all my time on TM which eventually merged with Drinal. I played very actively until fall of 04 when EQ2 and WoW dropped. On wow I played actively on Darkspear until the release of vanguard (2weeks after BC). I bounced back and forth between wow and vanguard through the rest of my military career (which didn’t allow for much end game content) that ended in 08. I went on to start on shooters, CoD predominately a little CS and battlefield. An awful lot of Unreal (something about killing god bots makes me chuckle inside). Summer of 09 I started beta testing Mortal Online and currently it’s where my time goes for the most part.

What I’m looking for:
    I’ve dabbled with just about everything most popular shooters, console games and MMO’s. I like to test everything I can get my hands on. I’m looking to find people in all the gaming genres, and of all styles, hardcore, casual, idle bsers; across all platforms from the 3 consoles and onto PC. If I had to classify myself into stereotype I’d say I was somewhere between the two extremes, not hardcore and not casual. When gaming I’m usually on several hours over the weekends (depending on what’s going on anywhere from 0-20hrs) and a few hours most nights between 5pm-1am (obviously sparing time for good eats, hwk and the family).

About me:
    I’m a 27 yr old male, located in the state of Texas (US and central time). I work in the world of software and databases, as the lead Data Architect for a Texas based company. I’m an avid fan of auto’s, any type really , the custom, the stock, the fancy, the garage engineered and the classics. It’s rare to not see me at the major auto and bike shows across the state (from Austin to Dallas at least).* I spent 8 years in the military as a combat medic; while I was in I got my first degree in psychology (A.A). I’m currently a SR in college working on a B.S. in computer science (games design focus) with a minor in graphic design. I’m not single, my girl, my dogs and my garage take up what time my hobbies of gaming and programming do not.

Thanks for taking the time to look things over!

2. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

Hi Varzues,

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:

• All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers

Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 42,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers

3. Varzues

Varzues Active Member

thanks for the prompt response theZee!

theZee likes this.