ArchAge rally call for Toggers

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by tinman_au, Jul 20, 2014.

1. tinman_au

tinman_au Retired Captain

I'm interested in getting a feel for the interest in ArchAge in ToG. Alpha and Beta are both going along well at the moment, and I've spoken with a tog or two in the beta game, so I'm interested in gauging numbers to see if we have enough interest to start a division.

If you have purchased a founder, can you please post here (once please, to help counting, keep the discussions about the game in the other threads) advising of which side (east/west) you are playing, your alpha/beta name in game and if you would be interested in an organisational position in any guild we might start.

If you aren't a founder, please still let me know if you are interested in playing the release version.

If anyone else is interested in being DC or a guild leader, let me know, but if we (TOG) are just lacking someone stepping up I'm happy to put my hand up if I can get some help.

I'm Tinmanau on Alpha (Alpha server) and Tinman in the current beta Naima server, both east side.

2. Koreeth

Koreeth Active Member

Koreeth on both alpha and beta. Yes a founder, though I have not been playing much the last 2 months due to location, which is changing.

3. NedKelly

NedKelly Well-Known Member

Been running with Tinman in Alpha (Neddie)/Beta (Mozzina).

4. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

I definitely plan on checking it out.

5. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

I'm not a founder but have been playing all weekend with a free beta key. I am currently level 27. The game is amazing and you can count on me playing at release.

6. Souni SuunBrakur

Souni SuunBrakur Just Joined

I am interested in joining a group in ArcheAge. I have been out for about a year due to school, but would like to start back participating in events and activities. Count me in!

I have purchase the Beta Founder pack (will be playing at release), currently have an avatar. Was involved in Beta 1 and 2

Looking forward to the up coming Close Beta Event 3 Blood & Bounty 14 August to 18 August.

Race: Nuian
    Level: 23
    Name: Brakur
    Server: Naima NA

I will do PvP once in awhile and when necessary but main focus building a house with a farm (animals, trees and plants), do trading, make weapons, exploring and etc

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  7. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

I'm not a founder but planning to try the game.

8. Vladimere

Vladimere Retired Captain

I'm a founder, as is Vavakooky, we also have several other Toggers in Alpha/Beta. Myself and Vavakooky have been playing for a few months now.

We are all EU based and have already set up an "The Older Gamers" guild ingame. Though its small. I'm currently the ingame "guild leader" of that.

For beta purposes we are on Shatigon server. In Alpha we have characters both on Alpha and Omega servers.

9. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, but we need to see if we can try and select one faction to start from. All too often, with newer MMOs, they're offering several factions to chose from, we have polls, and discussions about which faction we want to support but inevitably we wind up being splintered and fractured. And with the newest trend with MMOs; people are falling off after 30, 60 days of playing, myself included.

So after you start off with 2+ healthy sized guilds, within 1-2 months, they're both struggling to acquire and hold members. As usual we try to accommodate players, and provide a guild experience for most people, in most situations, but we need to look at long-term health and not immediate comfort.

10. Tachyon

Tachyon Well-Known Member

I've played in alpha/beta for a while, though I haven't bought anything yet. I'll definitely be in at release and willing to help. I highly agree with Trime's ideas about sticking together as well. I'm sure we'll all experiment, but having the core guild together at start would be huge for the camaraderie factor!

11. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

Hello Tinman and those playing Archeage. I am a founder playing off and on for the past month or so trying out different builds. I'm currently playing as Kyudoka, a stone arrow on Alpha in alpha, and Aeolus on Naima in beta. Both characters are Eastern continent. I play mostly evenings North American time but would enjoy playing with TOGgers in game. and would be willing to join a European server if a group is formed. It doesn't appear there is enough interest to form multiple guilds, which surprises me as I know TOG has had interest in MMO's with a strong crafting component in the past. I hope more TOGgers will try the game now that it has entered beta as the crafting and land acquisition are involved and rewarding, and there are a number of non-theme park quest lines that I've stumbled onto that have taken up a bunch of my low level game time. Add those to the open world bosses, group (elite quests) events and ship combat and you have a game that would be really rewarding for an organized guild.

12. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

Got in alpha a few days ago.
    On omega server playing east side. Freiya is char name

Located in new Zealand and don't mind volunteering for an officer role to help out ☺

13. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

I'm a founder and been playing a lot since alpha started.Not playing in Beta and still in the guild "The Sentinel Elite".
    Played both continents got commerce and husbandry to 10k.My donkeys are higher lvl than my characters :).

I will be playing the release version at least till patron status runs out what then who knows.

14. morroIan

morroIan Active Member

I'm in alpha but haven;t played much. I agree with the above, people have to be prepared to suck it up if they want a strong guild ingame.

15. Karguo

Karguo Retired Captain

I got founders, had been playing on Alpha, not yet on Beta cause I don't want to burn out but I definitely see this as being my main game in the near future cause I especially love the crafting, farming and trading aspects of this game. I think I was playing west side in Alpha but I don't really care which faction as long as that's where the majority are in :)

16. Vladimere

Its a game which has largely gone under the radar and I think many people don't realise just how much depth there is to it. I think many are worried about the semi-open pvp, but don't realise that its not quite as open as people may think, because of course zones go into peace mode where you cant be attacked.

I'm currently investigating the possibility of having an Archeage section in the forums for all Archeage Toggers (NA, EU and OC inclusive)

17. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the closed beta weekend so much that I purchased a founders pack and now playing Alpha. I got to level 31 in the closed beta weekend and played in the first open pvp area. It was a blast! Also, the zone will go into a "peace time" where you can get quests done without worrying about getting ganked. There seemed to be a real "community" feel to the game that has been lacking in MMOs latly.

18. Vladimere

Its precisely this ^ ^ ^ , which is such a great appeal about the game. Simply put, you NEED to work together to achieve in this game. Building a house , a ship, crafting, farming, running a trade route, even down to questing.. all of it really becomes SO much more attainable and viable if a bunch of you are working together to achieve it.

For example, in Beta I placed a cottage farmhouse (the one with the farm attached around it) , in order to construct that, its 10 Stone Packs (so 3000 stone) , 5 iron packs (1500 iron ore) and 5 lumber packs (1500 logs). That's a huge amount for a single person to acquire. But working together, it becomes a lot more achievable.

19. Vladimere

Now that Beta weekends are under way, I'm not sure how many people are still accessing the Alpha servers. I have max level on Alpha , but the latest characters that I play in Alpha is on the Omega server, Nuian faction, name of Tombstone. If anyone wants to, feel free to friend me etc

20. tinman_au

tinman_au Retired Captain

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm currently discussing things with Rickety.

One thing I'd like to encourage is TOG playing one particular side "officially" with people making their mains there, and only playing alts on the other side. This works well in Planetside, and helps keep a critical mass going when the game gets a bit older, which would help avoid some of the issues we ran into with Warhammer (and a few of the other MMO guilds).

I know some folks will have an issue with this idea, and if can offer an alternate suggestion to keep us together, I'd love to hear it!