ArchAge rally call for Toggers

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by tinman_au, Jul 20, 2014.

1. tinman_au

tinman_au Retired Captain

Oh, and I've mostly been playing my East side toons lately (Tinnie and Tinny), the chat seems a bit more mature and less "barrens"

2. Vladimere

Vladimere Retired Captain

I certainly dont have an issue with playing on one particular side....as long as its the West side :D

Levelled both sides up in Alpha and really just didnt click with the east at all. I felt the human/elf races of the west (with Dwarf to come later on) were a better fit for me than the cat people/teenagers races of the east. I felt there was less running around on the west lands during quests than on the east , and I preferred the "medieval" aesthetics of the west lands rather than the asian/middle eastern aesthetics of the east lands.

The other question is one of server location. Do we go on both NA and EU or just all go to one.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

i think we'll have to hold out until closer to launch dates and see how the pop pans out as well as their server structure.

I liked the east feel but it's definitely got a fair bit more work to be done on it to make it feel complete.

4. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to agree that having the main guild in same faction would be most beneficial for this title. +1 to the West Side for me. )

Hopefully more folks get to try out the game this next beta event.

5. Monde

Monde Well-Known Member

Definitely +1 for the west. Elves for the win on EU. NA ping time a killer.

6. dday_0612

dday_0612 Well-Known Member

I am a founder and will be playing the game. I don't play a ton in the beta, but will play full time when release comes.

7. Excession

Excession Getting Started

I am also a founder, and have been playing in alph off and on since packs became available.
    I have played east and west, would prefer it if tog had a guild west, but east wouldn't be deal breaker.

8. kaellan

kaellan Getting Started

I would love to play with TOG in Archeage..I haven't been able to get into Beta yet. I'm interested in playing the feline race but would go to what server TOG decided to go to. Just need to know which side we are choosing.

9. Foxman

Foxman Tom Clancy Captain

Count me in. Currently trying the Alpha/Beta - rather liking it so far. Prefer West faction as well, cats and school kid aesthetics don't really do it for me :(

10. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

Got my invite to CBT2 :bighappy::bighappy::bighappy:

With the hundreds of thousands invites going out for CBT2,I'm wondering if we will be able to join you guys on your actual server?

11. Vladimere

Nice one Valdur !

I've pretty much eased off of Alpha now, just doing the betas now. We're on Shatigon server in the beta, Nuian faction :)

12. Vladimere

Its a funny thing, while I was playing Alpha, I didn't really notice too much of a ping issue from the EU. I had a little skill lag here and there, but nothing major.

It was only when I was trying to place houses etc..in a location where the house/farm that was already there and was going to collapse, that I noticed the issue. There would be 4 or 5 other players there waiting to place the moment the existing building collapsed, and no matter how quick I was on the click...I just couldn't click in time to place before they did. I guess my ping was about 200ms or something, theirs (the NA based ones anyway) , was something like 30ms. Normally that 170ms difference wouldn't be so noticeable, but in a click race to place a structure, that 170ms makes all the difference between placing and losing out to the lower ping guy.

On the plus side, AA is starting to get rolling now and there is looking to be a healthy buildup of NA/OC and EU Toggers interested (with no doubt more to come yet) , so a NA and EU branch is looking possible

13. Monde

Monde Well-Known Member

What Vlad said. The only thing I would add is also getting that first hit in on Mobs that are new to spawn. 170ms makes the difference there but after the first hit it is fine.

My ping to NA was in the 260 - 280 mark but to EU is 170mark

14. Vladimere

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  15. Wooger

Wooger Getting Started

I have been playing on and off for a while, been waiting for y'all to start for forming up to have some folks to play with just let me know which server and faction and I am there. Currently only playing on the founder servers, takes to long for me to dl the 22 gigs for the betas but let me know

16. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

17. Phaydra

Phaydra Getting Started

You can add me as well. Running Avani on beta servers and Sevan on Alpha. Play west atm but have east toons too

18. Flute

Flute Getting Started

I'm a founder, currently running as Bronson on beta (Naima). Alpha servers are both too full to get land. Fabulous game though. Will be looking to join a TOG guild when the game goes live. I'm in Australia so usually play on NA servers unless there's an Oceanic server.

19. Monde

Monde Well-Known Member

20. Alistairos

Alistairos Just Joined

Looking forward to joining the anticipated release in two weeks with this community. Should be a blast.