Archmagus12 server Kastali

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by LazarusProject, Oct 11, 2015.

1. LazarusProject

LazarusProject Well-Known Member

Hi guys, its getting near that time - fresh mod-pack time! Below you'll find a list of the mods in the new pack. I will be sending out info on how to connect once the server is up. If anyone wants to check out the mod-pack early, please PM me.

There are a few tweaks in the config's some that make it easier, some harder, should be fun! :)

Server should be up between the 21st and the 23rd, unless there are any delays in getting my fibre connected.

Here is the list (minus some add-ins and core mods):

AgriCraft, AOBD, appliedenergistics2, AromaBackup, BiblioCraft, BiomesOPlenty, Botania , Carpenter's Blocks, Chisel2, dark_menagerie, DeadlyWorld, denseores, DynamicLights, extrautilities, FastLeafDecay, HardcoreDarkness, HardcoreEnderExpansion, HungerOverhaul, IguanaTinkerTweaks, ImmersiveEngineering, immersiveintegration, InfiniBows, InventoryTweaks, ironchest, Jabba, journeymap, MmmMmmMmmMmm, MobiusCore, Morpheus, NetherOres, NotEnoughItems, OpenBlocks, Pam's HarvestCraft, PneumaticCraft, Railcraft, SpecialAI, tcnodetracker, TConstruct, Thaumcraft, Waila, Wawla, WR-CBE

2. LazarusProject

OK, Update as promised.

First up - Once again we have Iguana Tweaks for Tinkers Construct. This means you have to make Tinkers tools to mine. (Also make Clay buckets to carry your first Lava). Here is a video that will help: https://youtu.be/j8SPwSlmrBc

Also to note: We have hard-core darkness. This means at night it gets VERY dark. Sometime pitch black. And underground will always go pick black. Fortunately if you carry a torch in your hand it will provide a pool of light (some other items will do this too).

You may have also seen Special AI in the list. This means (among other fun things) animals will fight back if attacked, and Villagers will get angry if you start chopping up their village.

Finally I have Hunger Overhaul. This is set to a simpler setting, so the major drawback is that basic food sources will only give a bit of hunger back. The more you process a food, the more hunger it will replenish. Have a look at the tooltips - a wholesome meal will give you more than a morsel.

There are some cool mods to check out - Immersive Engineering should be fun, as well as being the main source of tech, along with Railcraft. There should be a few good things in the magic mods that will help us take down that pesky Hardcore Ender Expansion Ender Dragon!

And finally here is a low res copy of the map out to 2k from spawn (red circle):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  3. LazarusProject

I'd also like to post some guidelines here:

Please stay within 2k of spawn. If you see a lovely hill that looks just right at 2050, 1000 I'm not going to cry, but I'd like to keep things approximately what they are now. Plus generating new chunks will not make you popular with the other denizens. :)

Try to follow the usual TOG common sense practices - Don't take other peoples stuff, or grief them (and attempt to fix accidental creeper damage when visiting!) PVP by consent only, etc. Pretty much follow the Wil Wheaton axiom - don't be a dick.

If you have any concerns, suggestions, or would just like to share how annoying it was when that zombie went and bashed down you door letting all the creeeprs in please feel free to email me, PM me, or chat in game. When I remember (or get reminded!) I'll try to hang out in the Public teamspeak. If I am not in there, I will always be happy to join if asked. :)

I am looking to have the server available for Thursday night, though there is a chance it could pop up a little early. I will be emailing out to everyone I have an address for with configuration details soon (server, mod pack, etc.). See you there!

4. 8wGremlin

8wGremlin Just Joined

Yay!

Coming back for this one!

5. LazarusProject

Looks like SpecialAI is causing some server side lag, so it is now disabled. No need to update the pack at this point, server side disabling is fine.

There will be an update tonight, but right now I hope we will still be ready to go live on schedule at 9pm NZDT Thursday.

6. LazarusProject

---BREAKING NEWS---

My fibre install has been delayed to the 30th. So go live is pushed out to that date. Same time for the official go live.

7. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

This is all awesome (especially since I'm bored with single player MMO's/games) but I still haven't had any luck with TOG on TS3.

I was considering using Vent or something but none of my former games use it. If it is on the same ISP as TS3 it might also have a port block too for all I know.

8. LazarusProject

Are you having issues with the public server, or just private one?

9. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Both
    I can ping but not connect.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609499

At this stage I think I've pissed off someone at the hosting ISP which wouldn't surprise me, I left NSW for good reason.

10. LazarusProject

New update: Server MAY be up tonight. One of the other players has offered to host the server at his place until my fibre is up. :)

11. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Well it has taken me a whole 24h to get myself in more hot water then I can handle alone.
    Think taint, except not. Same mod pack responsible tho.

Personally I am surprised I handled 3 hits from those ghosty wither dudes but while I was being smashed by one another spawned just behind him.

I think I will need help getting my stuff back? >.>

12. LazarusProject

If you are still needing help, hit me up next time I am online. Probably late tonight (10:30pm my time) for a little while. Maybe more Wednesday night. Perhaps I should also head over to help set up fences and torches :) Assuming these ghosts are stopped by fences...?

13. LazarusProject

And can people please stop raiding the chests at spawn? They are for new players to get started. Also whomever took the lantern, please put it back :/

14. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Since you have to refill them or something, perhaps ole fashioned bread would be better then apples. I think a sleeping bag would be more helpful then the wood since we already have boats but given how much more resources that would cost I guess it's your call.

As for the ghost's.. a fence would stop them no more then it would a ghast; I am a lot better off now tho then when I ended up finding them. Time for me to start hunting endermen and think about the botania / engineering packs. I'm curious if the passive flowers are a 3day RL timer or in game.

15. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Anyone else having video card driver issues with java/minecraft lately?

I thought it was a friend's PC the other day when it crashed on him but I just scored one on mine.

16. LazarusProject

nope.

Just a heads up - there is a starter island NNE of spawn (around 180m). If you need help getting started, or have died without a bed and want to pick up some food, etc. then it's there for all to use. Note - all the stuff there is stuff I have made (unlike the spawn island which was set up in creative) so if you'd like to add to it then feel free too. (or grow up some 10/10/10 copies of the crops that I set up there).

17. LazarusProject

Wow, ok just got a driver crash myself, just after placing an alchemy catalyst :/

18. LazarusProject

Hi Guys - Update - my fibre is in!

What does this mean for you? It means I'll be moving the server back to my house. Stink! Down time! I plan on shutting the server down around 12:30pm (lunchtime, go take a break) Sunday, and have it up again around 1pm, all things being equal.

The address will change, back to my own dynamic IP address, I will email it back out on Sunday once its back up if you have lost it.

19. LazarusProject

And we're up! Took a bit longer than planned as I had issues with my dlink DDNS so I moved provider. Details should be in an email :D

20. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

I've just had two crashes within minutes of each other both when I had alt-tabbed out of the game. Both the java part and my NVidia drivers crashing together so it could be a chicken or egg situation.

I did however go thru my NV Control panel & realise that my current map settings could be aggravating problems. Will see if i can fix it to not crash >.>