Archmagus12 server Kastali

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by LazarusProject, Oct 11, 2015.

1. LazarusProject

LazarusProject Well-Known Member

Well if you do find something please post it. I've only had one so far, but that's enough! :D

2. Talnar

Talnar Just Joined

Lovin it

Love the darkness mod in the server. its so neat boating around the place during the night, holding a torch and using the map to navigate.

Then you get the random encounters where you come across some randomly lit up structure of some sort that the only reason you can see it is cause it's like a beacon in the night.

3. LazarusProject

Excellent :D And it is suprisingly stable - it could be that we only have a handful of people on right now (damn you Fallout 4/Starcraft/life) but I hardly ever even bother to kick the server over, just out of habit more than anything else, no complaints.

4. Talnar

Talnar Just Joined

Crash on Login

I'm having an issue with the server at the moment; can't stay connected at all.
    It possibly could be just me, but whenever I log in, the world loads but as soon as i try to move the game crashes (same if I don't move for a couple of seconds once loaded in).

This happened when I was out in a boat and I changed my keybinding for minimap zoom in and out to use the back and forward buttons on my mouse. after accepting the key changes and leaving the menus the game crashed and the server thought I was still in it for a really long time (atleast I thought it was my ghost, unsure as it was still letting me log into it). I'm trying again now with 0/20 on he server and still same thing.

I'm thinking the server may simply need reboot; or maybe my character's position is uncertain (was in a boat) in which case it needs to be moved.

I thought it may be a memory thing (usually play at 5GB) so I bumped it up to 7GB but it is still crashing.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

5. LazarusProject

Bounced the server. Try again. If you still have issues email/pm me and I'll jump on and see if there is anything I can do. Might have to do some googling.

6. Talnar

Talnar Just Joined

crash resolution

looks like resetting the server didn't do it.

So i reset my keybinds like you said Arch, and that seems to have worked.
    If I set the map zoom in or out to the extra keys on the mouse, game crashes on any keyboard of mouse input while in game.

Weird.

7. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

I moved my map stuff over to my insert/home and [] keys and the only other fiddling i did was standard vanilla stuff (cant stand q+e being used for drop/inventory).

This version of journey map does seem pretty buggy tho. Server patch maybe?

8. LazarusProject

I'll look into it. Anything else broken? There are probably lots of updates, but might be best to leave stuff that's stable alone... :)

9. any1seenjoe

any1seenjoe Division Vice Captain for Minecraft Division Captain

Try deleting options.txt in the minecraft, this will reset your keybinds to default (also graphics/sounds settings etc)/
    Remember too much RAM can cause worse performance, I've yet to use a pack where 4GB wasn't enough client side (usually leave mine on 2GB).

If Journey map is a suspected to be causing issues, might be worth checking it's log file (in the journey map folder) to see if there are any blocks or entities triggering issues.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  10. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

I'd be curious to see if PneumaticCraft or it's IGW has an update, I am liking the look of the pressure chamber (I'd rather diamonds then stacks of unused coal) but the way things are I'd have to watch a vid to figure out how they make compressed Iron out of the only machine that makes it. If immersive engineering's lightning rod could be less dangerous to be near I wouldn't argue either. The darn thing has a 3x3 base and zaps you if you are within 2sq of it.

Curious if Pam has fixed any of her code also but I doubt it.

As for bugs.. I'd call the stuff I've found unintended features rather then a problem.

11. any1seenjoe

any1seenjoe Division Vice Captain for Minecraft Division Captain

From memory... making pmuematicraft compressed iron at the beginning involves iron ingots and an exploding them with tnt or creepers... lossy at first which is why you want to move onto the pressure chamber (assuming you meant how to make it without the machine that makes it :p)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  12. LazarusProject

Yup - exploding iron will make compressed iron. I think it's 25% lossy? (I stack will yield 48 approx.)

13. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Annnnd I'm back.

Had a brief excursion into Ubuntu 15.10 just to find Java wasn't going to care if the files were manually coded/refreshed/updated because the file was 0 bytes regardless of reality.

I have already had two occasions of wanting to stab windows (it's been installed for 2h) but it isn't getting between me and my games (yet) so all is well... tolerable.

14. LazarusProject

Welcome back. Almost had a uh oh moment this AM when I get an email saying they were deleting my DDNS account, but it's all sorted now. I think I'll make sure next time and log into thier control panel from a desktop rather than my phone. (I do love managing everything from my phone, but perhaps I go to far).

15. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Any chance people have this threat subscribed and are at their puters this second?
    I need MORE reinforcements then what I have avail thru steam.

16. 8wGremlin

8wGremlin Just Joined

You called?

17. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Aww darn you missed the 'fun'

I forget what lead up to it but Archmagus ran into that nest of regen cave spiders near my fruit trees again, with me following because i was wondering where the heck he'd disappeared to before dying - not realising it was the same ones until after I'd died.

Suffocation into suppression (as it doesn't kill them) then kill the spawner was the method that was eventually a winner, something I managed to replicate later with a regen zombie spawner.

Curiously they were both around my abandoned village. I'm wondering if the goblins might have actually done me a favour by wiping the villagers out before it could become a secondary breeding ground.

18. LazarusProject

Sorry I missed the 'fun' with the zombie spawner. Glad you got it. With the upgrades to my armour, and the cloak of sin I could have fun in there... (though I don't know if I really want to give up the globetrotter sash for that).

19. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Ut oh.

Server speed limit required!

20. LazarusProject

So - that Dragon is still out there (as far as I know). Who would be keen to take it on one weekend (or weekday if that works better?) I was thinking no later than the last weekend of the month - 30th-31st. A balance between 'let's get this done' and 'time to prep'