Archmagus12's server Sonnach

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by LazarusProject, May 13, 2015.

1. LazarusProject

LazarusProject Well-Known Member

Hey,

Just kicking off a thread for the folk who play on my small little server. This is the place to go to discuss anything and everything. (or start a new thread for generic stuff).

If any TOGgers want to check us out PM me. Its a NZ based server on old Pc hardware, so may not be up to a serious sized playerbase, but I am happy to whitelist a few extras right now.

I'll post major news in here too, and probably send the emails out as well, for now.

2. LazarusProject

Current news (13/5/2015):

Since the Forge update it seems Mr Crayfish Furniture Mod is broken for non windows users. There may be a fix in the pipeline, though if it looks like it will be taking to long I will be looking to removing the mod.

If anyone is actually using the mod (not sure if anyone does) I will make sure there is comms before it is removed, so any actions to safeguard items can be taken. If you DO use the mod please PM/email me so I have a good idea as to if it is even is use.

3. 8wGremlin

8wGremlin Just Joined

Thanks for this Archmagus12, appreciate the help with the unix based furniture mod.
    hopefully there will be a new patch soon.

4. LazarusProject

As per Comms, Furniture Mod is going. Apparently the only item made from this was actually made by mistake! :p Mod will be remove soon, and adding in botania (for fun and games)

5. Ooze_NZ

Ooze_NZ Just Joined

Another Sonnach server resident here. And the accidental creator of the coffee table. I threw it in my lava pit. Currently working on Thaumcraft and building a zoo of spawners!

6. LazarusProject

Just a repost of the Mod list and Iguana's links for new players :)

http://tinkers-construct.wikia.com/wiki/Tool_Crafting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8SPwSlmrBc

Mod pack list:
    appliedenergistics2
    BiblioCraft
    Big Reactors
    binnie-mods
    Biomes O'Plenty
    Blood Magic
    Botany
    Botania
    Carpenter's Blocks
    Chisel2
    Compact Solars
    Dr Zharks Mo' Creatures
    extra utilities
    forestry
    Grave Stone
    Hardcore Ender Expansion

IC2NuclearControl
    Iguana Tinker Tweaks
    industrialcraft-2
    Infini Bows
    Inventory Tweaks
    iron chest
    Jabba
    Journey Map
    magic bees
    Morpheus
    Not Enough Items
    Open Blocks
    Pam's HarvestCraft
    Railcraft
    rogue like dungeons
    Storage Drawers
    Thaumcraft node tracker
    Tinkers Construct
    Thaumcraft
    Thermal Dynamics
    Thermal Expansion
    Waila
    witchery
    Wireless Redstone

7. 8wGremlin

8wGremlin Just Joined

looks like another couple of issues...

Iguana Tinker Tweaks seems to change heads, so that they no longer work with blood magic (trying to check this out)

Also the current walled map has no Jungle, thus no Ocelots, again this is an issue for Witchery. (I don't think I missed any, I've flown, via broom, all over the map looking for them)

Also Witchery relies on Bats which also seem to be lacking.. firebats exist but they don't seem to work for Witchery.

Just thougth you should know... happy to investigate other avenues.

8. LazarusProject

Cheers. Will do some research this weekend when I'm back in town.

9. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Well all I can say is never again.
    I woke this morning to find 6 sheep, 2 cows and 0 pigs in my farm with snow all over the place. Never again will I settle my base in a blizz infected snowy area.

I know there was a lot of fuss trying to get my portal set up correctly, and i know i've put a TONNE of work into getting the land flattened, crops growing and house 80% built but I think if I am to have any sanity i should not let the Blizz wipe the entirety of my pig collection out a 3rd time.

I think i'll not move far, 100/-700 (ish) looks flat enough already tho i do prefer a body of water nearby (to lure creepers into) so that might need some final adjustments.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  10. LazarusProject

Doh! Moving the portal wont be too hard, as I have the path dug out in the nether. It'll just be a case of taking down the old one, adjusting for the offset of the new location and putting the new one up. I should be on a little next few nights, so I might catch you on!

11. LazarusProject

As a number of you may be aware, there is plans afoot for a new start. I am looking at the Feed the Beast Infinity Modpack. I have not set a timeline yet, but I am sure we will be on there before the end of July. (perhaps June, but I am not going to rush it)

A quick little run down of new stuff here -

World border. Probably wont be one. With that in mind, please try to stay within 3k of 0,0. I'd rather not have the server files balloon out too far, which leads me into-

Creating Dimensions. Yes, RF tools and Mystcraft are in here. Please be sensible with generating dimensions, test in single player, and don't got nuts exploring them (again, be nice to the poor little HDD).

NO WORLD HOLES. If you use BC quarries, or any other device to mine entire ares down to bedrock/void I'll expect at the very least a few layers of soil on the top. Ender Quarries are preferred for a number of reasons.

The usual TOG guidelines apply, and try to avoid profanity in chat as there are a few younger ones who may be on. Once the new server is up, I expect I will be hanging out in the Public TOG TS minecraft channel, if anyone is looking for voice comms.

I reserve the right to apply more rules, perhaps in regard to chunk loaders, but basically try to use common sense. Only chunk load what you absolutely need to, try not to build too close to other players without their permission, and don't go destroying all the irreplaceable world gen structures, like the Thaumcraft Obelisks...just stop and think - is what I am doing going to adversely affect other players?

If you have any suggestions, requests, or would just like to chat, just drop me a line via PM (or email, most of you have it). Or you can look me up on steam, just drop a TOG| in front of my name.

12. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

I was actually thinking a pre-setup book system like has been seen on serenity might be an idea. Not sure how others feel about this.
    I was actually hoping a fence rule can be put it officially. No Portals without fencing them off and hungry nodes should be fenced as much as possible with signage put up.
    While we wont have the 'blessing' of Mo's creatures again. Having creatures cross dimensions is nasty. There is a reason flame bats are only small explosions - a bigger one in the nether because there's 3 creepers waiting, or even 5 skeletons; is well.. you get the picture.

13. LazarusProject

So yeah, pushed it live a little early. Been fun so far. First death - nether mob punted me off the cliff by my portal. Perhaps I should take McKittens advise and put up a room/fence around my portal! :p

Eliminate, Isolate/minimise! :)

14. LazarusProject

Ok, Ender colours. I am thinking we can stay with the primary 16 colours. If it turns out we are stretched for colours we will rethink the plan.

so to start:
    Archmagus12 - Purple

15. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

OK call me daft but what on earth do you mean by Ender Colour?

16. LazarusProject

Check out the Ender Storage mod - Ender chests and liquid tanks that can be coloured. Generally it's best to say what colour you are using to avoid confusion. On Serenity you usually have to state the first 2 of the three colours (so purple/purple for instance) and then someone else could be Purple/yellow.

I am trying for just choosing the first (leftmost) colour. I don't think (depending on how many extra players come in from other sources) that we would go over 16, but it could be tight.

17. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

OK. Now that you've explained it's for boxes (and maybe other stuff?) I'm cool with it.

I'll take (lapis shade) blue.

I am curious if I am the only Botania user (other then Laz) on the server also. I have the basics down to pat but I am still very much learning the advanced (and cringing at some of their requirements). Wouldn't mind babysitting for some of it.

18. LazarusProject

none of the other guys I know have ever dabbled. They probably should, if only for the sash...

19. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Ring of Chordata (and respective mana ring for free air) & Pyroclast Pendant (tho I really should upgrade to crimson) have saved my life on more then 1 occasion, as have the Tinker's Construct wings. The Alchemy Catalyst is OP also - tho no converting to feather option. Cloak of Sin is well.. I'd have to do without the sash tho :)

I've been looking into getting the Clayconia (clay making flower) and more mana production going for this elven portal / terrasteel upgrades but i am in new territory for just considering it.

Alas I hear the call of non-botania stuff also and for now, that is keeping me occupied.

Quick question tho, does Timeless Ivy work on Thaumcraft and Tinker's equipment? I believed its worked on Twilight Forest gear but not sure about my boots of traveler.

We need more mages!

20. 8wGremlin

8wGremlin Just Joined

I'll take blood red... no reason.

I'd like to get in to Botania, but at the moment, dabbling with other things.
    and I'm not sure that it can do...

happy to learn when I feel more 'alive'