Archmagus12's server Sonnach

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by LazarusProject, May 13, 2015.

1. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

I guess the next big question is portal guns.

I am seriously getting sick of the travel to and from the top of my demo site, which is happening a lot more often now that power is semi-sorted but then portals to and from Pikiao & Archmagus (given they're ~7k from each other with Stormhaven in the middle) are kinda more desirable

Who has one and what flavour are they? Also will changing the variety (if possible post production) of the one at Stormhaven (currently Atlas) lock it to a single user or just a single portal set?

2. LazarusProject

LazarusProject Well-Known Member

portal guns - no real idea sorry. Not played with them much. I have Atlas and Potato. Might end up setting up a more permanent mystcraft set up, or even Rf tools teleporter. Just need some more infrastructure first...

3. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

I had totally forgotten we have mysticraft. This has possibilities.. big possibilities, but time is an enemy if people are wanting to slay dragons already.

No working terra aug. plate (botania next level) = no armor worth spitting on.

4. Pikiaoboy

Pikiaoboy Just Joined

Always time for MC what are you on about!

I have 3 of the 4 portal guns....I had 4 but *ahem* Zerk had an accident with the one I gave him lol. I think the bacon and potatOS guns are tied to the user, whereas the p-body/std/atlas ones "share" the portals. You can convert the guns to bacon/potatOS which will lock it to you though (according to the wiki).

RFTools are the one I reckon, I have the handheld version dialled in to a receiver at home, so no matter where I may be (or how lost I get) I can always return home at least.

5. Pikiaoboy

Pikiaoboy Just Joined

Enderdragon time!?!

Ok, I want to start farming the enderdragon (Draconium Evolution or whatever its called), so I'm keen to get the first kill out of the way. I don't really mind who does it lol. Is this weekend good for anyone/everyone? I've found the endportal so can give the co-ords out. Was thinking of this weekend but because I've been slack and havent posted, maybe next weekend? There's still way too much on my todo list that it's not a biggy.

6. LazarusProject

I am keen for what works for others, though probably an evening is best?

7. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Yep having tried using the Altas that Grem brought home one day and the Potato you dropped by me, I'd say it is. I can make portal looking holes but nothing that links to another.

There is also the fact that I'm a noob for the newer advanced tech but I'm pretty sure i should have had some sign of what I am or am not doing right by now if it wasn't a user thing. Take me learning to use the white-list on servo's for an example.. bloody lesson.. literally.
    Yeah this might have been an option earlier on, now its at the point where it's no longer worth it. The mountain is about half gone and the area in which I'd be putting portals is getting slim. It doesn't help that I'm also probably better off manually mining for anything we're missing now. So much metal its not funny... except shiny of course. Diamonds and ferrous. Such a bane.

-

Hopefully next weekend I will have what is needed for the armor, hard to tell until my book has updated on what fairy blessings do etc. Worst case scenario there is plenty of gems or maybe even coal to make armor from.

8. LazarusProject

Pulverise redstone. Use the cinnabar in a induction smelter with all those ferrous ore to get shiney. NEI is very useful.

9. Pikiaoboy

Pikiaoboy Just Joined

On the hunt for a Hungry Node

Hey all, if you happen to come across one...can you let me know please? Oh and that's if you don't have any plans for it because I'll be moving it away...

10. LazarusProject

Checked Configs, looks like Hungry nodes are on. Rarity of special nodes is 1 in 18 which is default, so perhaps a bit of bad luck there so far.

On a side note, it looks like Taint Biomes are set to not spread, so that's a thing. (most other stuff seems to be default, wuss mode off, etc.)

11. LazarusProject

soooo..... Ender Dragon? Anyone keen? Shall I just set a time and be done with it?

12. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Has it been revived yet? From what I understand Zerk was responding to it attacking him and killed it.

Aside from that I am possibly ready, I have a couple of nagging issues that are starting to get to me but they shouldn't stop a trip to the end.

13. LazarusProject

Ok, no - no-one has mentioned any desire past Pikiaoboy's initial request. If it's already dead I will be sad. How about 9:30pm (NZST) tonight we have a crack at it?

14. Pikiaoboy

Pikiaoboy Just Joined

Resurrection ready

Hey all, I've set up the resurrection ritual in the End to spawn the Ender Dragon. Its the formation with the glowstone/obsidian base surrounded by pillars with diamond/draconium blocks. right click the block in the middle and step back...

15. LazarusProject

Ok, RAM successfully tested (at last) and arranged with Flippy to go see him tomorrow to swap it out. That does mean there will be a small outage tomorrow while I install it. I'll give fair warning before I do.

16. LazarusProject

Ok, update - Server now has 6GB RAM. Unfortunately it was not happy with the configuration that worked in the other server, so I had to limit it to 6 (2 were extra high with heat spreaders so would not fit any slots but 1 and 2).

Still that's 50% more than before, so hopefully that will help a bit.

17. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

I know I keep telling myself I will go easy on minecraft by sharing my game time around to other games however I went back into it today and discovered 2 very disconcerting things.

1) Thaumcraft : Crafting tables show up as having fabrico when scanned but only produce arbor when put in the arcane cooker. Wool works but at the cost of 4x the amount of pannus produced also.

2) Directory structure of Infinity. : Where the hell is the minecraft.jar? I was looking at some feather falling for my boots but the galactic translation png requires the minecraft.jar and there appears to be none.

Either way 2/3 of this mornings projects have failed as a result, one of which killed me in the process (goodbye 32 of 37 levels stored). Oh and instead of my home bed being missing or obstructed, i didn't even get that message this time :(

I was going to hold off on my nag for a new server but I've learnt the hard way on a LOT of things this server and while I haven't figured the last few nagging AE2 issues out I want the chance to get it right next time sooner rather then later.

18. LazarusProject

Ok, so that's the first bug I know of (the thaumcraft ones) I will look into an update if there is a fix for it.

Recently I haven't been doing as much gaming, Minecraft or other, so also have not had the time to continue with the mod pack. If I pulled finger I could have something ready by the end of the month, but I currently don't have specific plans around that. I have ordered fibre for my home so depending on the time frame for that I am kinda hoping that will be in before my next refresh (and then can host it at home).

I will look into the change logs for the updates and see if it's worthwhile.

19. McKitten

McKitten Active Member

Just a heads up. I don't know if it is possible but there is a small chance a zombie pigman picked up my armored resonant jetpack about 20mins ago. I was swarmed by about 50 bats and died, only to return break my grave and not realise my inventory was full for about 5mins, after returning i found lots of experience orbs around the place so it shouldn't have despawned; however was not where i broke my grave.

The only thing i can think of is that it is on one of the various mobs waiting for me to get it back. Possibly despawned with that mob. Either way, don't be overly shocked if you see it on one.

20. LazarusProject

eek, flying zombie pigman. Well now I've seen (heard) it all.