Assassins creed 2 brotherhood problem (FIXED)

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by Xavien, May 30, 2011.

1. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Hi all, ive just bought assassins creed 2 brotherhood on the ubisoft offer on steam and the game doesnt seem to want to start. It installed ok but when i click the exe it just doesnt begin.

Anyone else had this problem? I dont get this problem with any other game including AC1 and 2.

Any help would be appricated.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. Unknown

Unknown Retired Captain

Do you have the same problem if you try to start the game from within the Steam client rather than directly running the executable?

By, "It installed ok" do you mean it downloaded from Steam or did it successfully run the "first time install" stuff?

I don't know if there are any issues with people recently buying AC on Steam, but my AC:Brotherhood on Steam runs fine (note, I only ever start this stuff within the Steam client anyway as I don't want my desktop cluttered with separate game icons).

3. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

It first starts the Ubisoft Launcher, does that load for you, if not I did have that issue with AC2, some googling on that will show you how to remove/reinstall the launcher.

4. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

The game doesnt actually load the ubisoft loader at all it does go through the first time setup but when verifying the files after doing that it finds a corrupted file. When it requires it, it goes through the first time setup again but still doesnt launch anything and needs to aquire the file again.

I read about the ubisoft launcher not downloading properly to but most people seem to get an error 1 message, i dont actually get anything just the blue win 7 circle turning for a few seconds then nothing. I tried removing the ubisoft launcher and installing it from somewhere else but it still doesnt seem to activate.

5. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Problem fixed!!!

Well i never would have worked this out as long as i have a hole in....well i just wouldnt have worked it out and lets leave it at that :) Some fantastic guy on the steam forums found it out and its looking like a win 7 problem rather then steam or ubisoft but who knows.

Heres the fix just in case anyone else gets it:

Possible solution is to manually create a save game folder in:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saved

for Windows 7. Hope this helps anyone having the issue since I didn't find the solution here or on Ubisoft's forums when I searched.

Thats such a odd place for a save game location that i couldnt believe this fix even worked but it did.

6. Unknown

Unknown Retired Captain

Congrats on getting it fixed! A shame the game didn't at least report an error that could have pointed to this problem earlier, but that's the way with much modern software. :(

Now get busy stabby-stabbying your way around Rome!

7. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

Glad to hear you got it sorted. I've just checked and yes that's where mine is stored. Seems it's not a completely uncommon location for Ubisoft saves, I also have HAWX saving under C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\

8. Avoozl

Avoozl Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll get this game and/or win7 before next year around this time :p

9. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Thanks guys :) ive past the information on to steam so that they can advise anyone who gets simular problems!

And so my quest for fixing every problem known to man with regards to games and computers continues...... :)