Attention TOG Leaders

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Givias, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Givias

Givias Getting Started

(Note - I didn't know who to direct this to, so I figured a general post on this forum would do.)

I'm interested in helping head up the TOG division for the upcoming LOTRO Beta and eventually into the release of the game itself. I'm not saying I have to run anything myself alone, but I can do it. I'd like to help out with the organizing and what-not. Who do I need to talk to or what do I need to do for this?

Thanks,
    -G

2. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Hi mate well I'd first contact a Admin by pm and suss it out that way first.:)

3. Bl810t

Bl810t Getting Started

I signed up for the beta as well -- couldn't lead with my current schedule and being pretty much of a noob here but -- I look forward to playing with the TOG group --

4. Givias

Givias Getting Started

I tried that, I've messaged a handful of Admins, no response. :?

Any idea who I should contact or should I just take the initiative and post about the guild on the LOTRO forums?

-G

5. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

No reason why you can't. :)

Basically if there is a "Q&A" for the guild sign up, post it here with the answers you plan on using so we can check it. Also, if you are to have names with the app, check out the other thread about this subject for the names there and make a new post with a time for anybody else to sign up.

Just remember it is quite a ways off, so a select forum won't be made for the game for quite a bit.

6. Givias

Givias Getting Started

Excellent. I noticed that all the guilds within WoW have the initials TOG in them (like mine, on ED called Templars of Glory). Is that just a WoW thing or is that how it is with all guild divisions in MMO games?

-G

7. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

It is how we name TOG guilds if possible. :)

8. Givias

Givias Getting Started

Then witness "The Osgilliath Guard" born!

PS - Hope that's okay. :)

-G

9. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Actually, the name of the guild is usually voted on when the game starts. I would just keep it TOG for now.

Also, is the site actually asking for a collection of names like the Vanguard beta, or just when individuals register to include their clan name?

Seems alot of people have signed up and just included the TOG as their guild.

10. Givias

Givias Getting Started

Oh, well that's fine. It can be whatever the group chooses when the beta begins...I just picked something to give us an identity on the Kinship board.

For now, I think it's enough to list TOG as your guild within the Beta application, but I would imagine that later they'll need a list of exact names as to facilitate beta invitation distribution...but I could be wrong.

I was also posting to the Kinship board to get more folks into our group.

-G

11. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

:D Hey bro...glad to see you're so enthused. We really shouldn't be picking a name for the group as of yet since we don't know who's going to be playing, what they want, or even how guild names will work in game ;) Might consider editing your post a tad on the LOTR forums :D (its a really great post tho FYI).

12. Givias

Givias Getting Started

Yeah, I'll get to that today...I'll make clear that the name could change, based on member vote and what-not. But I'm pretty sure we'll have the ability to name our guild whatever we want in relation to Middle-earth terms.

Thanks for the compliment though. :)

-G