Aussie SWAT 4: Stetchkov Syndicate

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Fox, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator

This is the SWAT 4 expansion pack by Sierra.

Wednesday night. 9pm Qld time. You need SWAT 4 + 1.1 patch + expansion pack. No mods allowed. If you have SSF mod - it uninstalls easily enough.

Meet on Xfire and then we'll join a voice channel.

2. BakerNator

BakerNator Well-Known Member

How is the new expansion pack?

wondering if I should get it.

3. welshman

welshman Well-Known Member

Excellent Bakertron
    The bad guys are even tougher now, they tend to bypass the body armour and aim for your head, plus theres a few more toys to play with (a blooper that will fire different type of rounds being just one) If you enjoyed the oringinal SWAT 4 then this expansion won't dissapoint:)

4. Triton6

Triton6 Active Member

I prolly wouldn't be able to sync up at a decent hour with y'all, but I picked up the Swat 4 Gold Edition today. It has the original game + Stetchkov Syndicate. Can't wait to give it a whirl after work tonight! I have to admit that Fox got me interested in the game (enough to try the demo) a few threads ago. If I remember correctly, the new stuff in Stetchkov will also be avail in the original...such as the lightsticks. :bigthumbsup:

5. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator

Bakertron - do you have the SWAT 4 game? If so, and you liked it, you'll enjoy this add on. It bridges the gap between SWAT 3 and 4 and then adds it's own flavour. And it's not the full $90 bucks either.

6. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator

Deadmeat and I had a bit of a run around.

The grenade launcher is a novalty. The night-vision are pretty cool - not brilliant but.

The maps are so much harder - technically. They are like rabbit warrens now with so many openings and large area's to cover. It's all good.

The enemy AI is much more agressive. I now need to stand beside a door when opening it (not in front of it). So many times I've touched a door knob and got greated by prolonged MG fire. The perps will also get up and run away if you don't cuff them. That never use to happen in SWAT 4. I use to get everyone to comply, then cuff them after. I did this with the expansion pack and found some dude got up and shot me in the back!!! I now secure the evidence immediately and don't leave them alone for more than 30 seconds.

I miss the realism that my mods brought to the game so I'm hoping the come back again.

7. Paulie_Walnuts

Paulie_Walnuts Well-Known Member

Sounds good Fox, will have to get me a copy.