<AvA>Woftam

Discussion in 'Contact TOG' started by Grizzly-, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Grizzly-

Grizzly- Just Joined

Hi TOG, <AvA>Grizzly here, have been talking to firthy on MSN, just wanted to say hello, and that Wofty will be sorely missed in our camp as well. :(

2. jimmywrangles

jimmywrangles Well-Known Member

Devestated.
    That's all I can say.:(

3. Firthy

Firthy Well-Known Member

Hey mate, thanks for the chat on msn, appreciate it.

4. Doomsday

Doomsday Just Joined

Rest in peace Andrew.

You will be missed terribly by all of your online friends.

<AvA>

5. BattleScoob

BattleScoob Retired Administrator

I've posted up in your forums guys.

GG Andrew.

6. Vampire

Vampire Just Joined

Hi, <AvA>Vampire here,

Just dropped in to show my respects, I know Andrew (Woftam) will be missed here as much as in AvA.

7. Quickie

Quickie Retired Captain

thanks for the respects guys.

8. Arkon

Arkon Retired Captain

Very sad indeed :(

9. MissBunny

MissBunny Active Member

Rest in Peace Woftam

10. nubb3r

nubb3r Active Member

Tonight the BF2142 Divisions of ADP and TOG paid tribute to =TOG= Woftam.

My movie making is not the greatest, but I'm sure people will get the idea.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?52erhzx1tnh

11. maddog2204

maddog2204 Retired Moderator

Thanks for doing that movie nubb3r. Much appreciated.

12. woftam

woftam Active Member

hi im (woftam) wife l like thankyou all for all your kind word.
    yes he will be missed

13. jimmywrangles

jimmywrangles Well-Known Member

Hi Mrs Wotfam
    Our thoughts and condolances are with you and your family.
    Woftam was much loved and will be sorely missed.
    If there's anything we can do don't hesitate to ask.

14. suits

suits Just Joined

Funeral Details:

Monday 21st January 2008
    Queen of Peace Church at 10.30am
    Queens Street, Altona Meadows
    (Located on Corner)
    burinal memorial park cremation on dohertys rd altona
    refreshments at kooringal golf club in altona

There will also be an AvA get together that night for anyone, AvA or not. Feel free to come to that if your attending the funeral or not. Also even if you havent even met Andrew / Woftam irl before dont hesitate to come along.

More details to follow on this.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  15. BattleScoob

Thanks mate, appreciate the post.

See you there.

EDIT: Suits I've posted the details in our members section. Do you have a time for being at the church mate?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  16. suits

suits Just Joined

Just updated my post with more details.

17. BattleScoob

Ta mate.

18. Grizzly-

Grizzly- Just Joined

Thought I would come over here and cross post this. At AvA we are running a rememberance forum for Wofty, so that people can post their stories and what they remember about Andrew and we will compose it into a book. Its been going for awhile, but I have struggled to actually get my own thoughts down. Tonight, after a few attempts, I was finally able to do it. Copied and pasted from Team-AvA - Login (I'm pretty sure you need to have a registered account on that forum to see it)

------------------------

I have tried to write this post many times, but I have never succeeded. Tonight in my opening lines I had tears rolling down my cheeks, but as I got farther in and remembered all the good things about Andrew I ended up with a smile on my face. He is no longer with us and he still has that ability to impact on me.

I remember the first AvA LAN that I attended, it was at Andrew's house in 2002. I believe it was the second "Wofty LAN" that was held. Not only was it the first AvA LAN I attended, it was also the first ever LAN I attended in my life. I had been with AvA for probably less than a year at that time, and really didn't know what to expect from a gathering of a bunch of computer gamers.

What has always stuck in my mind about that gathering was Andrew. Here was a guy I did not know, inviting me and 20 or so other people and all our stuff to his house. He had completely re-arranged his house, moved all his furniture out somewhere, pinched the tables from work, all to accomodate a bunch of people he played games with online, many he had never met before.

I distinctly remember driving in a big truck to Andrew's work to return the tables that he had borrowed from work to use at the LAN. He borrowed, unbeknownst to his company, all of the workers lunch time tables and we were sneaking them back in during the middle of the night before the crew showed up for work the next morning. It was a bit of a naughty thing to do, but Andrew always did have a wide streak of the larrikin in him. At this point I had only met Andrew about 2 days earlier, but we spent the few hours doing this table run chatting like we had been mates for years. We talked about our young families, our hopes and dreams, and I left Melbourne that weekend feeling like I had made a lifelong friend in Andrew. I distinctly remember coming home and telling my wife about Andrew and although she probably wouldn't understand it, I knew that Andrew and I would be friends for a long time to come.

Other people have touched on his unique ability to maintain contact and friendship with people. With his passing I have come to meet many other people who feel exactly the same way that I do, and that is an incredible tribute to Andrew. I met him in 2002, and except for a year where I lived overseas out of phone range, I spoke to him regularly on the phone. When coming home after my year away, Andrew was the first person to call me up and want to know everything about what I had been doing while I was away. It surprised me at the time, although with hindsight it should not have been a surprise, that Andrew and I just picked up our friendship where it had left off.

Andrew you are an extremely special person, and I will remember you with a smile on my face and perhaps the odd tear in my eye for as long as I walk this earth.

MissBunny likes this.
  19. YZ250

YZ250 Well-Known Member

M8 No Need to explain about your Movie making expertise , the way all of Woftam's online friends have approached this devastating course of events, is a true honor to someones life.

Ive reserved commenting as I didn't know Woftam , but you guys hold something special in your hearts, and the way you ALL express your feelings , is a credit to you all.

Thank you for allowing us who are outsiders, being able to participate in the remembrance of your Friend.

To know someone, is to carry their memory on in your Heart always.

20. Grizzly-

Grizzly- Just Joined

Today being the one year anniversary of Andrew's passing, I thought I would drop by TOG and say g'day and raise a glass in his honour.

It took us much longer then we had intended, but we at AvA finally compiled a book for Woftam. It is done via Lulu.com, and we have yet to receive the actual hard copy yet, but at least the book is finished.

For anybody who is interested, the link below is a high resolution (large file size warning) copy of the back cover of the book.

Cheers,
    <AvA>Grizzly

http://www.team-ava.com/griz/woftamback2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009