Balance in Pvp

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Grimmvolvo, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Grimmvolvo

Grimmvolvo Getting Started

So I have been looking around for the last week or so and what I have been seeing is a lot of folks are planning on joining the Alt Dom simply because the PvE quests are all close together and not all spread out (forcing you to do a lot of running) like the other two.

My worry is PVP will be very one sided because of this. Now assuming we agree to play the ALt Dom side and this issue does occur, would we as a whole be willing to shift to one of the other two sides to keep PVP from sucking due to the other two sides simply giving up or not having the manpower to make it fun for all involved?

Now this may not be the case but a lot of pvp footage I have been seeing has Alt Dom on top by an absurd amount.This bit as an example go to 6:35 of the video.

This Week in ESO - Episode 2 - A First Look at PvP - YouTube

Right now my only hope is that the Megaserver will take care of this whole worry for me. Just my 2 pennies worth.

2. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I'm confident that there wont be a single faction that is favored above all.

3. Gorne

Gorne Well-Known Member

Like most my main may be in Alt Dom but i do plan on having toons in all factions.

4. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

PvP players usually don't pick sides just because a starting zone has its PvE quests closer together...

There will also be hundreds of different campaigns. AD may have in edge in some of them, but for others they will be getting trashed. There is not going to be any complete domination across the entire mega-server.

5. Grimmvolvo

Grimmvolvo Getting Started

Good point...last PvP I did was Warhammer Online and it was a nightmare. But that was also multiple servers...not just one big one. Thanks for the feedback all.

6. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. The sides wont be somewhat stable until after launch. The fourth faction will move to the winning side around then.

7. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Also, who knows how they'll tweak it.

As Planetside 2 does it, the sides of the 3 faction war that have fewer online soldiers tend to get a small bonus to help balance their disadvantage of limited numbers. They may implement something similar.